Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Terrible sound quality on the 800w. They're all like that.
    Please don't project your dissatisfaction to everyone else. Mine is great.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Darnell, thanks for the plea.

Let me point out, your right its not the in call sound I have a problem with, it music. I have used my Treo for years as my music player. My 600 and 650 were adequate and played pretty low, enough for traveling on planes. The 800w is so low in the loudest setting I still can't hear much. Let me say, I lost a fair amount of hearing from a grenade almost 40 years ago. But still the volumn is too low for my good ear.

Looking on Ebay I have found MP3 players with 8GB memory for $30, I guess I should shut up, buy the $30 player and solve the low volume and the battery drain issues? If I don't hear from you Losers (meaning no beers with my daughter) I will have to bite the bullet. And if I do this I won't have anything to whine about, and my life will be empty?

One more plea, beers with my daughter for the person that solves this problem by Friday. Here is another picture of her that was used as a poster for her ESPN show a few years ago.

Come on guys, "move that bus?"

Wolfie

e
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Come on people, the man is even offering time with his beautiful daughter. Somebody has got to find a fix .

For me, call quality is fine and I've got a poll that shows most find CALL QUALITY to be good, except the speaker. And I've found for calls the speaker does rattle at times, does not seem to happen with every call though.

For music listening quality, we're talking a whole different story and I think it's important to make the distinction. I probably need to make a poll for that, but for the most part, I find the Treo 800w's audio quality for music to be on the lame side. Especially after having the WM6 A2DP settings hack and then having to remove it because of some issues I was having. I mean that really exposed the sound quality difference of how awful the 800w's native BT audio quality is, I mean it's pretty bad. Now I know one reason why some are using other devices for music and/or multimedia. The Palm stereo headset volume is just too low for music and perhaps if it was louder we might find the quality to be bad, but it's too low to tell.

So perhaps, I'm listening much more closely when playing music, but not during calls. While perhaps some others are listening much more closely during calls. I'll admit, I think the call quality when using two cups and a string is pretty good .
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Terrible sound quality on the 800w. They're all like that.
    Wrong my friend. They are not all like that. Mine is fine and numerous others have stated as such. BT could be louder without having to press the volume up button on the device, but other than that my volumes and clarity are great.

I really don't understand why you are so obsessed with chiming in on any and virtually all conversations just to make a negative comment. You really need to get a life.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    Darnell, thanks for the plea.

Let me point out, your right its not the in call sound I have a problem with, it music. I have used my Treo for years as my music player. My 600 and 650 were adequate and played pretty low, enough for traveling on planes. The 800w is so low in the loudest setting I still can't hear much. Let me say, I lost a fair amount of hearing from a grenade almost 40 years ago. But still the volumn is too low for my good ear.

Looking on Ebay I have found MP3 players with 8GB memory for $30, I guess I should shut up, buy the $30 player and solve the low volume and the battery drain issues? If I don't hear from you Losers (meaning no beers with my daughter) I will have to bite the bullet. And if I do this I won't have anything to whine about, and my life will be empty?

One more plea, beers with my daughter for the person that solves this problem by Friday. Here is another picture of her that was used as a poster for her ESPN show a few years ago.

Come on guys, "move that bus?"

Wolfie

e
    Wow...you're such a great father.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Wolfie Rules!
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Speakerphone is awful. Call quality is acceptable, but not great. Talking on the touch pro was like the treo if a glove had been taken off the speaker.

I stream talk radio over my 800 all day with no issues, though- and the lackluster call quality is really only apparent when a/bing against something else. Doesnt typically bother me.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Wolfie is just the proud father of a former Miss USA (1998).

Thank you for your service Wolfie! (I mean his service in the US military.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Speakerphone is awful. Call quality is acceptable, but not great. Talking on the touch pro was like the treo if a glove had been taken off the speaker.

I stream talk radio over my 800 all day with no issues, though- and the lackluster call quality is really only apparent when a/bing against something else. Doesnt typically bother me.
    agree with all above points.
    Thanks Freak, just to add a couple of thoughts to your comments. Lets see she graduated with honors from college, then she is currently working on her 2nd masters. She happens look like a million bucks, is sincere, low maintenace and is a very humble person. When someone says beauty is only skin deep, in this case it goes to the bone.

Thanks for seeing this and getting my sense of humor. I am sorry that today you have to be so politically correct that I should have shown her picture in a Bukka. And thanks for your kind comments that I am a good father. I'll let the results explain themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Wow...you're such a great father.
    I never said anything about your daughter. She seems like a great girl. I was just referring to your efforts to pimp her out on a forum full of strangers. Of course, I know you're not serious, but the principle of the matter still applies.

Anyway, let's get back on topic, shall we?
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    If you haven't seen this it solves the sound problem with Boostra and other fixes. It does require you to spend about $100 and you will have to get a bigger pocket on your pants to put all the wires and stuff.

One good thing, when the ladies first see you they will be more attracted to you. With the pocket stuffed you know?

By the way, my only problem with the 800w is the low volume and no headset jack. All the other issues were resolved within this forum.

Wolfie
    Too funny. Must be what Palm had in mind for people who want to use their 800w for phone calls.
    When I first got my phone I was getting a lot of static on a good amount of my phone calls. After a hard reset, the sound quality when talking on the phone is great. I can't say the same for speaker sound quality though.
    LOL @ beachboy... I know I'd definitely look twice if I saw that in someones pocket
    Ah, not only a smart woman, but honest and looks to match both. I do honor thee my lass.

Quote Originally Posted by trinasworld03 View Post
    LOL @ beachboy... I know I'd definitely look twice if I saw that in someones pocket
    Freak = no sense of humor and only able to consider sick thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    I never said anything about your daughter. She seems like a great girl. I was just referring to your efforts to pimp her out on a forum full of strangers. Of course, I know you're not serious, but the principle of the matter still applies.

Anyway, let's get back on topic, shall we?
    I was one who was also complaining about the headphone volume. Try this if you are using Windows Media Player to listen to music. Download a trial copy of Pocket Tunes see if that helps.
    I was one who was also complaining about the headphone volume. Try this if you are using Windows Media Player to listen to music. Download a trial copy of Pocket Tunes to see if that helps. On my Treo the volume is twice as loud if I compare PocketTunes to WMP.

By the way, my only problem with the 800w is the low volume and no headset jack. All the other issues were resolved within this forum.

Wolfie
    Beachboy... I was going to recommend this thread, but then I saw that you posted on that thread already so you've probably read/tried it. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...modify+headset (see post #29)

I did it and love to be able to use my Bose headset once again. I've never soldered before and did it in about 30 min while having a beer and watching a movie. Just don't use a "Cold-Heat" solder gun and don't mess with the adapter the kid recommended, go to Best Buy in the audio department and find a headphone splitter (3.5mm male to 2 females) that is "Open itemed" for half off. I used this because if i messed up (didn't though) I could try again with the other plug. Also the cost on a cable/plug like this is around $0.80 so you can haggle with the price if the box is opened at Best Buy!
    Last edited by beerme78; 11/15/2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: forgot post #
    I ordered a Jabra BT3030, that just came in late last week. (Considering it's now early Sunday.)

I've been running it through some paces and it does allow me to increase headphone volume beyond the level of the crap Palm stereo headphones. Of course the Treo 800w's native BT audio quality for music is not at all near perfect, but using the Jabra BT3030, headphone volume is louder. And I can use all my favorite 3.5mm wired headphones again. (And of course I'm using Kinoma Play to play the music.)
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I ordered a Jabra BT3030, that just came in late last week. (Considering it's now early Sunday.)

I've been running it through some paces and it does allow me to increase headphone volume beyond the level of the crap Palm stereo headphones. Of course the Treo 800w's native BT audio quality for music is not at all near perfect, but using the Jabra BT3030, headphone volume is louder. And I can use all my favorite 3.5mm wired headphones again. (And of course I'm using Kinoma Play to play the music.)
    I've had the BT3030's for a couple of weeks and I actually have to turn down the volume most of the time. The only time I turn it up is when I'm outside around a lot of noise. I'm impressed with the headphones that came with the Bt3030. They actually have pretty good quality. You can certainly hear callers since both ears are plugged with ear buds. I use Pocket Tunes most of time and it pauses when calls come in and starts back up where it left off when I end the call.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast