View Poll Results: Has your Treo shown any cracks?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo in US

31 14.29%
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo outside US

38 17.51%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve in US

21 9.68%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

13 5.99%
  • No, 'naked' Treo in US

49 22.58%
  • No, 'naked' Treo outside US

26 11.98%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve in US

25 11.52%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

6 2.76%
  • not sure

8 3.69%
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    My refurbished unit really needs to go back. I am trying to wait a week before calling them for some reason? lol

So far: BAck-up issues from Sprite (most resolved)
    Dead Pixel is still there.
    Flat OK button with no click although it works well
    A little separation where Windows button meets 5-way
    BAttery drain somewhere after looking at all settings.(50% faster)

I am going to make a push for a new one but you know how that will go.
    Dang! I hope the next one is better.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

2. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    My refurbished unit really needs to go back. I am trying to wait a week before calling them for some reason? lol

So far: BAck-up issues from Sprite (most resolved)
    Dead Pixel is still there.
    Flat OK button with no click although it works well
    A little separation where Windows button meets 5-way
    BAttery drain somewhere after looking at all settings.(50% faster)

I am going to make a push for a new one but you know how that will go.
    I got my first one replaced becase there was gap on the screen between the OK button & the 5 way, this caused a lot of dust to get in.

Hope you get a new one this time.

Good luck

PS: the battery cover on my new unit flexed & creaked, so I had to cut up a couple of my business cards and stick it under there, now it's perfect.
    Last edited by charlyee; 11/08/2009 at 09:32 PM.
    yea i have a pro and i have 5 cracks all on the left hand side from the top of the volume to half way down not happy
    s/n p4gu0al8h08h
    made in taiwan

also the little cover below the wifi has fallen out
    Here we go again. Cracks on my Treo Pro (Palm) didnít bogging me until the body started piling off next to the cracks and falling apart. Now I have a hole on the body of the phone. The worse thing is that Palm just do not sell shells separate from phones. The only open I have now is to send the phone to repair what can cost me only 199$. It is absurd.
    We have two, two Palm Treo Pros. Bought from telstra (Australia) in Mid Sept 2009. I was running finger around case today and felt something. looked close and saw two cracks near ringer adjsutment control. I then looked at my wifes Treo Pro and found two near the same control and one very very serious crack with piece missing near WiFi button.

To say I'm angry is an understament. I have colleagues who also purchased hundreds of palm Treo Pro for a few hundred Uni Students and guess what.....they are looking for cracks as I write. Thats hundreds of users.
    I hope that Palm comes to the party and replace and also hoping that its an early batch production fault.
    Serial numbers:
    P4GU0B M 8H0 5X
    P4GU0B L 8H0 P0
    (I split the numbers to highlight the production run) Nearly the same

If I cant get any joy from Palm (and to be fair they have asked that I send the pics of the cracks) then they will be ditched and its the Nokia N97 X 2 for us. Shame since we liked the Treo pro's.
    John
    We have two, two Palm Treo Pros. Bought from telstra (Australia) in Mid Sept 2009. I was running finger around case today and felt something. looked close and saw two cracks near ringer adjsutment control. I then looked at my wifes Treo Pro and found two near the same control and one very very serious crack with piece missing near WiFi button.

To say I'm angry is an understament. I have colleagues who also purchased hundreds of palm Treo Pro for a few hundred Uni Students and guess what.....they are looking for cracks as I write. Thats hundreds of users.
    I hope that Palm comes to the party and replace and also hoping that its an early batch production fault.
    Serial numbers:
    P4GU0B M 8H0 5X
    P4GU0B L 8H0 P0
    (I split the numbers to highlight the production run) Nearly the same

If I cant get any joy from Palm (and to be fair they have asked that I send the pics of the cracks) then they will be ditched and its the Nokia N97 X 2 for us. Shame since we liked the Treo pro's.
    John
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425