View Poll Results: Has your Treo shown any cracks?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo in US

31 14.29%
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo outside US

38 17.51%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve in US

21 9.68%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

13 5.99%
  • No, 'naked' Treo in US

49 22.58%
  • No, 'naked' Treo outside US

26 11.98%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve in US

25 11.52%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

6 2.76%
  • not sure

8 3.69%
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425 LastLast
    Glad to hear Palm finally made it right for you.

The new firmware is interesting, but I'm more interested in the software version. Does it still run "T850UNA-1.01-NAE" and Windows CE version "5.2.19216 (Build 19216.1.0.5)"?
  2. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Decius View Post
    Glad to hear Palm finally made it right for you.

The new firmware is interesting, but I'm more interested in the software version. Does it still run "T850UNA-1.01-NAE" and Windows CE version "5.2.19216 (Build 19216.1.0.5)"?
    Thanks.

The Software version: T850UNA-1.02.NAE

CE: Same
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    I wonder if they just included the Bluetooth patch in ROM. Thanks for the confirmation!
  4. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Decius View Post
    I wonder if they just included the Bluetooth patch in ROM. Thanks for the confirmation!
    It very well might be. I noticed the BT Patch as a removable program before I did the Sprite backup.

Something else must be different, as I mentioned in another thread my left soft key "contacts" gives an error message.
  5.    #465  
    I finally decided to call for a replacement today, for my cracks, since the keyboard is now having issues as well. The corporate guy was awesome and I will be getting a replacement but was told it will probably be a refurb this late in the game. I asked for a new one and he said he would note it but I am bummed if I get a refurb. I am a germ-a-phobe. What exactly is a refurb unit? I cant stand the thought of putting my ace next to something I dont know where it has beenn........
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
    I think most companies define a refurbished product as one that has been repaired and returned to like-new condition. Some people feel that refurbs are actually better than new products because instead of being assembly line-produced, someone actually took time to go over the refurb individually looking for and fixing problems. I would be far more concerned about what's living on the door handles you touch every day than what comes off a refurb phone.

I'll be interested to see if you have the same slightly updated firmware as charlyee recieved. Please post what you find, if you wouldn't mind.

Also, for what it's worth, I've had my replacement GSM Treo Pro for just over seven months and it's totally crack free. I've even gone back to carrying it in my front pants pocket instead of the belt holster. The only protection it has is a screen protector.
    How much do you have to pay if you have to send your unit in for replacement? I guess palm does it for free within 90 days of purchase, but thereafter you are supposed to pay some amount. and about how long do they take to return the unit?
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
  8. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    I finally decided to call for a replacement today, for my cracks, since the keyboard is now having issues as well. The corporate guy was awesome and I will be getting a replacement but was told it will probably be a refurb this late in the game. I asked for a new one and he said he would note it but I am bummed if I get a refurb. I am a germ-a-phobe. What exactly is a refurb unit? I cant stand the thought of putting my ace next to something I dont know where it has beenn........
    Glad to know the corporate guy was helpful. The two refurbs I got were both in immaculate condion and looked brand new. I did not look at the timer to see what that said. Let us know what you received.
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    How much do you have to pay if you have to send your unit in for replacement? I guess palm does it for free within 90 days of purchase, but thereafter you are supposed to pay some amount. and about how long do they take to return the unit?
    It has an one year warranty and the repair or replacement decision I believe, is at the discretion of Palm. At one time you had to pay $25 if you wanted and advance replacement (and qualified for it) and not send in yours for repair. I don't think there is any charge for repair during the warranty period. I think the turn around time was 2-4 weeks for repair.
  9.    #469  
    Decius: You have no idea what I go through with door handles and the such. LOL. I would scare a lot of people if I were to post some of my "routines". LOL. I am not as bad a Jack N. in As Good As It GEts yet but getting close. I will post what I get as soon as it arrives. O rdered it last night and it will be here by 3:00 PM tomorrow. The replacement is costing me $29 I believe for advance replacement. I will also be sure to check the clocks and firmware. Wish me luck
    What is advance replacement and does Palm replace the whole phone entirely or just its shell? If shell, does it include changing glass on top of screen and back cover?
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
  11. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    What is advance replacement and does Palm replace the whole phone entirely or just its shell? If shell, does it include changing glass on top of screen and back cover?
    Advance replacement means they send you the replacement unit before you send yours back. Typically they give you two weeks to send yours back and the replacement unit comes with a overnight Fed Ex prepaid mailer.

The replacement unit is a whole new unit (refurb or brand new).
    Decius: You have no idea what I go through with door handles and the such. LOL.
    You & Monk went to the same school?
    Mine was cracked up like and egg shell. I mailed it in and palm replaced the housing for free. Now I have this issue where i only get mono sound from the wired headset. Guess I'll b sending it back again.
  14.    #474  
    Got my replacement, REFURBISHED , phone on Friday night and unpacked it Sat. I did my backups and the such and I GUESS I'm ready to roll. IS there a way of telling how much the phone was used? I noticed that on the Sprint version they can call ##766# or something like that and get the status and history?? Does the unlocked version have something like that? I know all the call timers are back at 0 but that is expected right? The phone looks brand new but I'm not toally happy with the OK button. It does not click well but it does respond well. I also can not get an email account ticker off the home page (it shows one email) even though the account is no longer anywhere to be found? My calendar is also missing. LOL. I will try a hard reset I guess? If not... it obviously goes back and mayb I will have better luck getting a new one. It is software version T850UNA-1.02-NAE It is HArdware version AN Firmware is 1.65.29.45 Serial number is P4GU****HO2N Hmmmm.. let me figure out my calendar or off it goes... I really think it is missing
  15.    #475  
    Ok. I did a hard reset and a Sprite Restore. My Calendar is back but the Old email still shows. I think it has to do with the Sprite restore since it showed back up after that. Solutions? I still do not like the flat OK button though and I noticed a dead pixel now. When it rains- it pours right?
  16.    #476  
    ........... waiting patiently before making my next move (call).
    The Windows logo button on my refurb feels about like what I imagine your OK button feels like: It works, but doesn't have the tactile "click" feel that the rest of the buttons do. I got used to it.

It would be nice if Palm would release that newer firmware to all GSM TP owners before they drop support for all their Windows Mobile-based devices in favor of the new WebOS.

As for your odd problems, backup apps for Windows Mobile have always been a little flaky when restoring a backup from a different ROM release than the device is currently running.
    Ok. I did a hard reset and a Sprite Restore. My Calendar is back but the Old email still shows. I think it has to do with the Sprite restore since it showed back up after that. Solutions? I still do not like the flat OK button though and I noticed a dead pixel now. When it rains- it pours right?
    I had this issue with the 800w...here's a link from one of the few threads on this in the 800w forum

Just backup without backing up email and restore from that backup. I suppose the same thing would work on the Pro, but don't know for sure. GL.
  19. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I had a different problem with my E-Mail. I had to delete the E-Mails on my old device, then make a backup to use as restore. Maybe you can try that?

I also lost a couple key mapping & other minor hiccups.
  20.    #480  
    My refurbished unit really needs to go back. I am trying to wait a week before calling them for some reason? lol

So far: BAck-up issues from Sprite (most resolved)
    Dead Pixel is still there.
    Flat OK button with no click although it works well
    A little separation where Windows button meets 5-way
    BAttery drain somewhere after looking at all settings.(50% faster)

I am going to make a push for a new one but you know how that will go.