View Poll Results: Has your Treo shown any cracks?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo in US

31 14.29%
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo outside US

38 17.51%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve in US

21 9.68%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

13 5.99%
  • No, 'naked' Treo in US

49 22.58%
  • No, 'naked' Treo outside US

26 11.98%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve in US

25 11.52%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

6 2.76%
  • not sure

8 3.69%
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
    I've got two cracks on my Sprint Treo Pro purchased a little more than 30 days ago. One is near top of volume button and the other is near top of Wi-fi button. Both arfe at the thinest points of the case between the button and the battery cover.

Just did an online chat with Sprint because and the credited my account $50 and want me to turn it into Asurian. I argued that it wouldn't be fair for the inurance company to eat an obvious defect and it wouldn't be fair for me to get a refurb. I took the credit and will continue the conversation next week when I have time to actually give them a call.
    Wow! Since your phone is so new, I am really surprised it is still happening on the newer Sprint units.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Just spoke with finance today & she almost cleaned everything up, there is a balance of $34 left over but I now think the possibility is there that given a little more time this will be resilved. No my $228.44 + $89.33 has not shown yet to my favor but after this amount of time it seems it may now be coming around. So my advice is if you have a problem sitck with it, it seems to be the only way to clean everything up. So, Good-Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by brettw.10 View Post
    Apparently Palm Europe's Support Center is full of comedians - this is the only thing that could explain the ongoing joke that is my support case there.

I just got my Pro back from them for the 3rd time, after requesting that they replace the incorrect software image that they had installed the last 2 times, and it has the wrong image again!

This time I have written back to them and demanded that they either make the right ROM available to me so that I can install it myself, or that they replace my phone, as the repair center obviously isn't capable of fixing their own mistakes.

Will keep you updated.

Brushy.
    My guess must have been correct that the Service Center isn't capable of fixing their own mistakes. Either that or the whole process is becoming too expensive for Palm. I got an email from them yesterday to say that they are sending me a brand new (yes, I made sure it was new and not a refurb) Pro.

Motto of the story? Be like a dog with a bone. Grab hold and don't let the hell go!

Tschüß,
    Brushy
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brettw.10 View Post
    My guess must have been correct that the Service Center isn't capable of fixing their own mistakes. Either that or the whole process is becoming too expensive for Palm. I got an email from them yesterday to say that they are sending me a brand new (yes, I made sure it was new and not a refurb) Pro.

Motto of the story? Be like a dog with a bone. Grab hold and don't let the hell go!

Tschüß,
    Brushy
    Congrats! You certainly deserve it after your ordeal.
    My new GSM Treo Pro will arrive tomorrow from Palm. I am excited. I will let you guys know when I get my first crack! I almost feel I am waiting on a baby to be delivered...in a sick sort of way.
    Mike
  6. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    My new GSM Treo Pro will arrive tomorrow from Palm. I am excited. I will let you guys know when I get my first crack! I almost feel I am waiting on a baby to be delivered...in a sick sort of way.
    LOL, I hope you don't get any cracks. It is pretty nerve racking to have to worry about it & check it constantly. I am almost glad I got a tiny crack. I can live with it & not have to worry about a replacement one having major issues.

Other than that, this phone is perfect. I hope you enjoy yours as much
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Well, I'm in Canada and Palm was to get back to me for a repair and they never did. When I talked to the CSR, he was very reluctant to get my palm treo pro repaired because I was in Canada. (Out of the US).

I have since noticed two cracks, one at the volume control and the other at the wifi button.

What phone number should I be calling and has anyone else had issues outside of the US for repairs?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john_s View Post
    Well, I'm in Canada.

What phone number should I be calling and has anyone else had issues outside of the US for repairs?
    The Palm Canadian support site quotes some numbers.

My replacement Pro now has a crack too. I can't face the pain of getting it repalced again - I was without a phone for 5 weeks last time.
    To update those interested, the replacement GSM Treo Pro that I received in March is still crack-free. The plastic around the keyboard is still not stuck well, but hasn't gotten worse. I've made no effort to glue or otherwise stick it down.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    The Palm Canadian support site quotes some numbers.

My replacement Pro now has a crack too. I can't face the pain of getting it repalced again - I was without a phone for 5 weeks last time.
    Well, after calling Palm I was told to call back next week and they will let
    e know if it is covered under warranty. So I'll wait and see what happens And prepare to escalate this issue! They will make some excuse as I live in Canada and it isn't covered.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john_s View Post
    Well, after calling Palm I was told to call back next week and they will let
    e know if it is covered under warranty. So I'll wait and see what happens And prepare to escalate this issue! They will make some excuse as I live in Canada and it isn't covered.
    Well... Palm told me it is NOT covered under warranty and the fee to get a replacement is $250.00 CAD!

Pretty steep for a replacement, considering you can get a Treo Pro for $399 USD now!

What are others doing with this issue?

John
    I received my replacement Treo Pro on Feb. 2, 2009 after my prior model had 8 cracks. The replacement model was refurbished (due to crack issue). The housing unit has thus far been solid. No cracks yet. A couple of scratches but no cracks. I did get the case armor for the treo pro. It is a good product but if you leave it out in the sun, I think the film gets sunburns (i.e., black spots). Overall, the phone has performed well. I can relate to those that have experienced cracks. In my experience, Palm's customer service was reasonable and very helpful.
    I hope you could get it replaced.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    And just off the phone with Palm again. Apparently there is a 1 to 2 month wait for a replacement! (Because I'm in Canada!)

They are waiving the advanced replacement as I have to wait so long.

Last time I'm buying a Palm device!
  15. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Here we again . After 6 weeks with my replacement unit, I noticed a horizontal crack starting from the middle of the WiFi button. I think I am going to let this one go for the time being and just watch for it to get worse or other cracks to develop.

I like this phone so much, I just wish Palm had done a better job on the quality of the casing.
    Continuing on......

Another much larger crack developed. This one starting from left edge of the top ON/OFF button all the way to the front of the phone. At first I was going to let this one slide also but considering my warranty will expire in October and more cracks are appearing once every 2 months, I decided to call Palm yesterday.

To make a long story short, this time around they will be sending me a brand new unit from their headquaters, complete with the full one year warranty from the time I receive it. The units are on back order right now and will be available within two weeks.

This is way better than what I had hoped for, all I wanted them to do was make sure I don't get another refurb from the two known bad batches that my last two were from.

The CS rep was extremely nice, apologized profusely and thanked me for sticking with Palm after all of this.

I still believe this is the best device I have owned to date and hopefully this one will be a keeper, not to mention one more year of warranty will be great.
    Last edited by charlyee; 08/04/2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Typo
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
  16.    #456  
    My replacement unit I received back in like Nov of last year has slowly been developing cracks on the left side like before. I never see them since it is in the Innocase 99.99% of the time but I never know what to expect when I take it out to clean it. I think there are 3 cracks on the left side now?? Call PAlm or just live with it since I can't see them in the case????? Hmmm?
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
  17. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I would specially since it is your replacement & you have a problem with the screen.

If you decide to call, I highly recommend calling the corporate number - (407) 531 - 4496 Option #2. The reps there have given me A+ service.
    Get it replaced; make them honor the warranty while it's still covered by one. And I absolutely agree on the corporate support suggestion. They provided stellar service to me. It's really too bad the standard support channels are so poor.
    I've had my Pro for a year now and my wife has had hers for 10 month. We bought them from NewEgg and had serial numbers that developed a lot of cracked. Both of our Pro's are still in great shape with no cracks.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

20. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I got my replacement device today and as palm promised it is brand new, complete with everything that it originally came with.

The seral number on this one is: P4GU09D8HOFC.

The firmware version is 1.65.29.45, as opposed to the other one which was 1.65.28.25. (This caused a slight problem with the restore from Sprite backup).

Anyone know what is different?

Thanks
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.