View Poll Results: Has your Treo shown any cracks?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo in US

31 14.29%
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo outside US

38 17.51%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve in US

21 9.68%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

13 5.99%
  • No, 'naked' Treo in US

49 22.58%
  • No, 'naked' Treo outside US

26 11.98%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve in US

25 11.52%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

6 2.76%
  • not sure

8 3.69%
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by umbro123pig View Post
    sure. i just packed it for selling.....haha.....wait for a minute, i will post them here.

Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional Edition
    CE OS 5.2.19216 (Build 19216.1.0.5)
    Processor: 400MHz Qualcomm MSM7201

Software Version: T850UNA-1.01-EME
    Hardware Version: AE
    Firmware Version: 1.65.28.25

Storage: Total 105.55 MB, 27.23 MB in use, 78.32 MB free
    Program: Total 101.18 MB, 30.55 MB in use, 70.63 free

Cheers
    thanks so much.
    hmm. I wonder what they changed with EME.
    Just call me Berd.
    it's 2:41am. finish my last assignment which need to be submitted before eastern holiday. wish everyone has a sweet dream. wish myself too.
    After sending the same email 3 or 4 times to Palm (they claimed they were receiving an encrypted email from me) they have finally informed me that I have to send my phone back in again to get the software replaced. Surely it would be easier and cheaper just to tell me how to do it...

So, assuming everything goes ok, my phone should be picked up today or tomorrow and reflashed. This means that I have to go on holidays without my phone and its nav capabilities, but luckily I have another nav system that will help me get through the UK.

Will keep you all up to date.

Regards,
    Brushy.
  4. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    I got my Treo Pro replaced last week, Palm corporate gave me flawless customer service.

I was told it is a refurb in like new condition, other than it coming in a plain cardboard wrap, it is hard to tell apart from a new one.

I received it on March 10, so far no cracks with the added bonus of no stress creak that my old one had developed.

The new S/N is P4GU09W8H0G3.
    Spoken too soon.

One crack on the left side about an inch down from the volume button.

Called Palm, they checked my serial number & will be sending out another replacement w/o any charge & refunding the $26.28 from the first unit.

The customer service is still flawless but I am somewhat unhappy about it.
    Spoken too soon.

One crack on the left side about an inch down from the volume button.

Called Palm, they checked my serial number & will be sending out another replacement w/o any charge & refunding the $26.28 from the first unit.

The customer service is still flawless but I am somewhat unhappy about it.
    Wow charlyee!

I have two of the early unlocked GSM Treo Pro's and my wife and I have looked at the cases, over and over with a maginifying glass and no cracks. We both keep expecting to find one but we don't.

Then tonight my wife said, how are they charging them, and I said I don't know. Maybe she's on to something. We both charge our phones via the USB cable on our computers. Could the 110v charger be overheating the case and causing it crack? Are the people using the 110v chargers having hot phones from the 110v chargers?

I really don't understand why ours haven't cracked?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

6. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Wow charlyee!

I have two of the early unlocked GSM Treo Pro's and my wife and I have looked at the cases, over and over with a maginifying glass and no cracks. We both keep expecting to find one but we don't.

Then tonight my wife said, how are they charging them, and I said I don't know. Maybe she's on to something. We both charge our phones via the USB cable on our computers. Could the 110v charger be overheating the case and causing it crack? Are the people using the 110v chargers having hot phones from the 110v chargers?

I really don't understand why ours haven't cracked?
    Thanks palandri, I do charge mine mostly with 110v, however they do not get hot at all. My first Treo was also one of the early batches, 10/23/.08. and it had not developed any cracks in 4.5 months. I had it exchanged for an entirely different reason.

I can not tell from my the serial number if this one is earlier or newer than my first one, so this maybe one of the early batches.

On a good note, Palm readily admitted to having cracking problems on some of the early units.

FYI: I have been calling the Palm Corporate office, which I believe is in NY. The number is (407) 531-4496 and option 2, they seem to be the most understanding and helpful.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    I charge mine primarily in the Palm docking station connected to my PC at work.

Tschüß,
    Brushy.
  8. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I received my replacement unit, the S/N is P4GU09M8H0NV.

9M8H is one of the bad batches judging from what was posted on this thread.

The date it was refurbished was 1/28/09, so I am hoping this was a returned unit that has been repaired or maybe the casing replaced if it was due to a cracking issue.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I received my replacement unit, the S/N is P4GU09M8H0NV.

9M8H is one of the bad batches judging from what was posted on this thread.
    Apart from yours, I've got 14 instances of 9M8H recorded on my database; the most recent date of receipt was 12 Oct 08, so it definitely looks like an early one. 11 out of the 14 had cracks :-(
  10. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Apart from yours, I've got 14 instances of 9M8H recorded on my database; the most recent date of receipt was 12 Oct 08, so it definitely looks like an early one. 11 out of the 14 had cracks :-(
    Mine does not have any cracks yet but I have only had it for two days. My other one developed the crack after 14 days. .

Palm assured me that all the returned units from the cracking issue have had their casing replaced, so I guess I will have to wait & see.

Much as I love this device, this is getting old!
    Naked in US. Never dropped. I take the back off as recommended by Palm (two thumbs), but it has never required more than gentle pushes.
    Will probably wait till more cracks occur to get replacement. Maybe they will get the stress issues, and spontaneous cracks problem, solved by then.
    1N9H model. Had it about a week.
    Last edited by john_dove; 03/30/2009 at 11:07 AM.
    Mine does not have any cracks yet but I have only had it for two days. My other one developed the crack after 14 days. .

Palm assured me that all the returned units from the cracking issue have had their casing replaced, so I guess I will have to wait & see.

Much as I love this device, this is getting old!
    How are you doing charlyee?

Things looking up again?
    Just call me Berd.
  13. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    How are you doing charlyee?

Things looking up again?
    Hi berd , yes things are good so far with this one. In fact, either I am used to it or the space bar is not as tall as my other two.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    Berd, you had an early Treo Pro, did your case crack?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Nope.
    I had it for about 3+ months.
    Replaced for 4hr battery drain.
    There's a thread about getting hot and rapid battery drain.
    I know of 2-3 others who also had that issue.

The one I had replaced and this one I'm replying on were both 9C8H.
    Never had cracks.

About 2 weeks ago I dropped it from upstairs 10+ feet. It bounced and didn't crack.
    Boy! did I check it closely for cracks.
    I use no case.
    I use no skin.
    Isn't that the worst feeling? I haven't dropped either of my Treo Pros (yet) but I dropped my previous phone down a set of steps. It tumbled end-over-end, coming to rest against a wall. Just a couple scuffs. I wonder if the Treo Pro would fare as well.

I'm going to call Palm this afternoon about the plastic around the keyboard peeling away from the housing. I really don't understand why this is so hard.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I took mine back to the store today for a crack...about 1/8th of an inch from the bottom of the volume button. It cracked in the main body and in the small thin piece between the volume button and the back case. I have a STP.
    That's not what we were hoping to hear.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Decius View Post
    That's not what we were hoping to hear.
    I am going to put the bodygaurds skin on my new one in hopes of preventing/avoiding cracks this time. I was just under 30 days when my first STP had a crack.
    You guys have Sprint Treo Pros and are developing Hairline Cracks?