View Poll Results: Has your Treo shown any cracks?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo in US

31 14.29%
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo outside US

38 17.51%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve in US

21 9.68%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

13 5.99%
  • No, 'naked' Treo in US

49 22.58%
  • No, 'naked' Treo outside US

26 11.98%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve in US

25 11.52%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

6 2.76%
  • not sure

8 3.69%
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    irma,
    take a look at the 'Suggest Threads' Sticky.
    I think there's a link in there on cases.
    I'm not sure if KJKramer's case is in the case thread or not.
    I've had my Treo Pro for a couple of weeks now. No cracks (yet) - we'll see if it lasts. I keep the phone in a Palm cradle at home and use a Seidio spring-clip holster when out and about. Phone was purchased from Amazon.com.

Serial number: P4GU0AR8H***
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
  3.    #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    irma,
    take a look at the 'Suggest Threads' Sticky.
    I think there's a link in there on cases.
    I'm not sure if KJKramer's case is in the case thread or not.
    I don't think so but here is a case thread and a full thread about the innocase with a good review complete with pictures.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...er-review.html

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-treo-pro.html
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdpatt View Post
    Have had my Treo Pro since October 2008. Originally, thought I might be lucky, but cracks formed (near WiFi button & others on right side) and have been getting worse..

Called Palm today for a replacement and was told it would take about 10 days - which they admitted was longer than usual due to low stock.

It will be interesting to see if it has the newer keyboard.. and maybe a real fix to the crack problem??

S/N...XXXXXX8H0KG
    After 2 replacements I'm finally good to go, for now. The 1st replacement Palm sent me had a bad 'OK' button which I'm surprised made it through any type of QA inspection.

Let's see how long this one remains crack free..
    Bought mine in September (ordered) / October (delivered) last year in the US. Since then it has been living with me in Germany and was fine up until last week when I noticed a sizable crack above the volume button on the left hand side of the Treo. Since then it has started to get wider and is now quite noticable.

Serial Number: P4GU09M8H1A2

I have written to Palm in Germany to see if this will be covered under warranty. Will keep you updated.

Regards,
    Brett.
    I bought my Treo Pro right when it first came out....after a few weeks had no apparent cracks and I thought I was good to go. Four months later I have 7. Clearly this a manufacturing issue. I treat it like a baby since I have no replacement warranty on the phone. Should I contact Palm or should I not bother because the phone still functions well?
    My suggestion would be to call and get a replacement now. If you wait, and happen to drop it or do something else that would void the warranty, you'll kick yourself. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    I bought my Treo Pro right when it first came out....after a few weeks had no apparent cracks and I thought I was good to go. Four months later I have 7. Clearly this a manufacturing issue. I treat it like a baby since I have no replacement warranty on the phone. Should I contact Palm or should I not bother because the phone still functions well?
    I think they are betting on a few settling for the cracks.
    I suggest you contact palm right away.
    Make sure you say something like "it is progressively developing hairline cracks"
    Jamesgangut thinks that 'hairline cracks' might be the key word.
    I think using the word 'progressively' eliminates palms attempt to blame you, saying you must have dropped it.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by brettw.10 View Post
    Bought mine in September (ordered) / October (delivered) last year in the US. Since then it has been living with me in Germany and was fine up until last week when I noticed a sizable crack above the volume button on the left hand side of the Treo. Since then it has started to get wider and is now quite noticable.

Serial Number: P4GU09M8H1A2

I have written to Palm in Germany to see if this will be covered under warranty. Will keep you updated.

Regards,
    Brett.
    So, Palm in Germany has said that I have to send mine in for "repair" under warranty. Let's wait and see what they actually do to my baby.

MfG,
    Brett.
    whoever bought treo pro within 3 months, don't forget to return the crap ASAP. I got the cracks and now the replaced machine has serious battery problem and the crap palm customer service level 1 to level 3 basically treat me like the white mouse in the lab and I have to spend hrs and hrs to test for them!

If you wanna spend your life with negotiation, replacement, crap phone calls with palm on monthly base, please go ahead and keep the crap stuff.
    hello there. very happy to see this page talking about treo pro's crack issue.

i'm a student in UK, bought a Treo Pro from PC WORLD in September, 2008.
    In December i found it's cracked at the bottom of right side. Then i emailed PALM, UK. They told me that they can't replace the cover for my Treo Pro because crack is not included in the warranty. (i even took picture of it and post to them).

the words below is from the email which PALM sent to me:

"In this particular case, the damage done to the unit is excluded from the warranty, thus repair charges should apply. However, if you contracted an extended warranty at the place of purchase, repair prices will not apply."

"If you do not count with an extended warranty, the repair price will be of GBP 113.69."

here is my Treo Pro's detail

SN: P4GUE8Y8H0PA
    hardware version: AE
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by umbro123pig View Post
    i'm a student in UK, bought a Treo Pro from PC WORLD in September, 2008.
    In December i found it's cracked at the bottom of right side. Then i emailed PALM, UK. They told me that they can't replace the cover for my Treo Pro because crack is not included in the warranty. (i even took picture of it and post to them).
    Don't even bother with talking to Palm. Take it back to PC World. Tell them it is a known manufacturing fault.

Click on my name on the right and view my other posts to read my tale of woe in trying to get a repair from Palm UK.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Well, the dreaded crack issue has hit me, too.

I purchased the phone via Amazon.co.uk and received it six days ago. Today I noticed a small hairline fracture on the side of the case up near the very top of the screen. No drops, no trauma, no reason for a crack to be there.

I rang up Palm Europe (Denmark support, in English) and the woman immediately conceded that this is a known issue. She said I could send it in for repair once I send them a picture and they verify that it is indeed cracked. I pressed her firmly but politely and insisted on an advance exchange. She went and talked to her supervisor, and came back to tell me that Palm Europe no longer does advance exchanges, and hasn't for six months. I pressed her some more, she talked to her supervisor again, and came back with the same information.

I'm going to first trying working with the vendor before shipping it away to Palm for repair.

If anyone finds this info useful: It's an unlocked EU model, S/N: P4GUE9B8***
    hello. after some emails contacting with Palm Europe, they ask me to send my Treo Pro to the repair centre. i don't know if they are going to change the cover or something else. let's wait and see what is going to happen. i sent my Treo Pro last Tuesday, i suppose i can receive the repaired one this week. i will keep you updated. cheers
    by the way, i made my decision not to keep my Treo Pro anymore. after i get my repaired one, i'm going to sell it. if someone in UK is interested in this Treo Pro( unlocked, purchased from PCWORLD in September last year, with all original accessories), please give me a PM.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by umbro123pig View Post
    hello. after some emails contacting with Palm Europe, they ask me to send my Treo Pro to the repair centre. i don't know if they are going to change the cover or something else. let's wait and see what is going to happen. i sent my Treo Pro last Tuesday, i suppose i can receive the repaired one this week. i will keep you updated. cheers
    I'll be curious to see how this turns out. Sorry for your trouble.

I've yet to hear back from the vendor. Sent an email today. We'll see...
    Quote Originally Posted by no_basho View Post
    I'll be curious to see how this turns out. Sorry for your trouble.

I've yet to hear back from the vendor. Sent an email today. We'll see...
    in your last post, you said they agree it's a known issue, so they will change the cover for us for sure. i'm just a little disappointed, i bought this Treo Pro at a very high price from PCWORLD when it just came out......

i'm now using my old Palm 750...........

bless us
    So, Palm in Germany has said that I have to send mine in for "repair" under warranty. Let's wait and see what they actually do to my baby.

MfG,
    Brett.
    So my Treo Pro is back from repair now (according to my wife). She said that the note with the Pro says that the case has been replaced. I will update you when I get my hands on it tonight.

Facit - anyone who is told by Palm UK that they can't get this repaired under warranty is being lied to. The repair center for Palm Germany is in the UK, and therefore if Palm Germany repairs it under warranty, Palm UK should do so too.

Regards,
    Brett.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    So my Treo Pro is back from repair now (according to my wife). She said that the note with the Pro says that the case has been replaced. I will update you when I get my hands on it tonight.

Facit - anyone who is told by Palm UK that they can't get this repaired under warranty is being lied to. The repair center for Palm Germany is in the UK, and therefore if Palm Germany repairs it under warranty, Palm UK should do so too.

Regards,
    Brett.
    Thanks for the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by no_basho View Post
    Thanks for the update.
    I can now confirm that they replaced the outer shell of my Treo Pro, but the guts are still the same.

Interestingly enough, they took the time to do a software update on the phone too, which was nice of them. What wasn't so nice is that the replaced my Unlocked Treo Pro ROM image from the US with a Telstra Australia ROM image (T850UNA-1.01-TST) with all of the crappy Telstra shortcuts and splash screens etc. This is particularly strange, given that the repair was done in Europe...

So now I am trying to contact them again about making the right image available to me, and asking how I can go about installing it myself. I really don't want to have to send the phone back to them again.

Regards,
    Brett.