View Poll Results: Has your Treo shown any cracks?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo in US

31 14.29%
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo outside US

38 17.51%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve in US

21 9.68%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

13 5.99%
  • No, 'naked' Treo in US

49 22.58%
  • No, 'naked' Treo outside US

26 11.98%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve in US

25 11.52%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

6 2.76%
  • not sure

8 3.69%
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    ... Now I am dealing with a dust issue though....
    Without derailing this thread too much, would you mind elaborating on that a bit?
  2. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Thanks for the link. I'm posting a reply in that thread.
  4.    #324  
    ...one last semi off task comment before moving on....;
    My current flawless TP is going to have some MAJOR cracks if the dust issue gets worse

See, I told you it was only a little OT.

Ok... back on topic.....
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
    after almost 5 months, my treo pro has 2 cracks. palm is sending me a replacement today. I won't get charged unless they don't recieve my old one within 15 days.

not bad palm
    Mike

Eph 2:8-9
    I have had my replacement Treo Pro for almost 3 weeks without an incident of cracking. Mind you, cracks didn't appear on my first Treo Pro until the 75th day of ownership so I am not sure that the cracking issue is resolved. I will say that my unit has the same serial number sequence as my first Treo Pro (purchased in late October 2008). If the cracking issue is resolved I have a feeling my unit was a refurb that was returned initially for the cracking issue and had its housing case replaced.

I know this is off topic but I know some of you are upset that the Treo Pro will not be upgradeable to WM 6.5. Personally in light of SPB Mobile Shell 3.0's demonstration, I am not bummed out about missing out on WM 6.5. I am only hoping that SPB mobile shell 3.0 will be compatible with realvga.
    I have had my replacement for about three months and now have 2 cracks. I still love the phone but this is dissappointing for sure. I will just live with it for now.

FYI
    S/N P4GU09X8H02J

My replacement has developed a big crack today. Called Palm, gave them my previous call support tag number. They told me they appreciated me calling right away. Then told me to hold on and came back asked if I dropped, kept it in a backpack or back pocket. I said no, I baby it. Immediate OK we will be sending you an advanced replacement. Was really apologetic about having to secure it on a credit card, told her I didn't care about that. Just send me a good one this time, nervous chuckle. So the saga continues.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Hi evereone

I am thinking about buying Palm Treo Pre, its waiting for me in a shop but now I found out about this problem with cracks, not sure what to do. was wondering if Palm resolved problem yet or not?

Can anybody advise me if cracks are still issue?
    or if there are certain serial numbers I need to avoid?

thanks you
    Irma
    Quote Originally Posted by irmust View Post
    Hi evereone

I am thinking about buying Palm Treo Pre, its waiting for me in a shop but now I found out about this problem with cracks, not sure what to do. was wondering if Palm resolved problem yet or not?

Can anybody advise me if cracks are still issue?
    or if there are certain serial numbers I need to avoid?

thanks you
    Irma
    Welcome Irma
    First, as a slight correction, you actually have a Palm Treo Pro waiting for you.
    There isn't a Treo Pre. There is however a Palm Pre.
    I know, confusing. Even many stores don't even know the difference.

As far as the Cracks go, there for awhile it seemed they were a thing of the past, but recent posts make me wonder.
    I would say call palm and express your concern. They may try to say that the forums exaggerate the issue, so you might prepare a rebuttal.

Honestly, I love my my Treo Pro and haven't gotton any cracks.
    But I believe my fellow TC friends.
    Just call me Berd.
    It remains to be seen whether the Pre will have the same cracking issue that the Treo Pro had/has. I think we're all hoping it's a thing of the past. I really want the Pre launch to be successful and free of little problems like cracks. (I suspect if anything screws things up, it'll be Sprint.)
    Thank you for reply

I understand now Palm Pre is not out yet and will not be out for a while in UK.

I like Palm Treo Pro very much, people at work are advising to get i-phone which I do not really want, but I am now worried about cracks. I will try and get in toouch with Palm

Irma
    Whatever you do, take full advantage of the 30 day return policy.
    Don't allow yourself to get stuck with something you don't want.
    Just call me Berd.
  14.    #334  
    Thank you for reply

I understand now Palm Pre is not out yet and will not be out for a while in UK.

I like Palm Treo Pro very much, people at work are advising to get i-phone which I do not really want, but I am now worried about cracks. I will try and get in toouch with Palm

Irma
    I could be wrong, but I believe the Iphone had it's own cracking issues too?
    Thank you, you have been very helpful more than my own husband anyway , Ill pick up my Palm tomorrow at list it will be different from i-phone which every second person got over here.

Irma
    MSN:P4GU0A18H00V

No cracks, had mine for 2-3 weeks. 'Naked', slid off my lap and onto car floor a few times.
    Treo Pro ROCKS! I am a lucky one to have one. XPS M1730s ROCK!! (I wish I had one!) My laptop ROCKS! (Even though it isn't an M1730)
  17.    #337  
    Thank you, you have been very helpful more than my own husband anyway , Ill pick up my Palm tomorrow at list it will be different from i-phone which every second person got over here.

Irma
    My Die hard Iphone Sister in LAw will be making the switch to the Treo Pro after playing with mine. It is one person but I have heard that before.
    My TP arrived today. All is well. This unit looks to be brand new. The serial number is in the "Range" of the other units but the keyboard is different than my last three. More gummy than the previous three. Not quite like the Centro but certainly more grippy. It came shipped with no battery and I was told to only ship back the phone no battery door or stylus. So here's hoping 4th time is the charm.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Hello again

Got my Treo, now need a case

what about silicone skin case cover protectors? any good?

Irma
  20.    #340  
    I recommend the Seidio Innocase to everyone. It is awesome- hard, super thin, light, grippy. I am not surewhat kind of case would be best for preventing cracks though???