View Poll Results: Has your Treo shown any cracks?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo in US

31 14.29%
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo outside US

38 17.51%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve in US

21 9.68%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

13 5.99%
  • No, 'naked' Treo in US

49 22.58%
  • No, 'naked' Treo outside US

26 11.98%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve in US

25 11.52%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

6 2.76%
  • not sure

8 3.69%
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Have had my Treo Pro since October 2008. Originally, thought I might be lucky, but cracks formed (near WiFi button & others on right side) and have been getting worse..

Called Palm today for a replacement and was told it would take about 10 days - which they admitted was longer than usual due to low stock.

It will be interesting to see if it has the newer keyboard.. and maybe a real fix to the crack problem??

S/N...XXXXXX8H0KG
    When I originally posted, I didn't have any cracks. Now I have four of them around the volume buttons. One fairly wide. Sigh.

I never used the GPS until recently and I noticed the device gets pretty warm when I do. Now I have cracks. Coincidence perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetinspector View Post
    P4GU09N8H0__

went into service late September

It's either carried in pants or shirt pocket or in a belt case.

No cracks yet.

Has not been subject to shock or temperature extremes. Temperature might be a good thing to track though. Has anyone with cracked cases ever felt their device getting really hot? Either from internal or external sources? Frequent wifi use, car charging, leaving it in direct sunlight, vehicle compartments, etc.
    No more cracks?
    has palm has pretty much taken care of them?
    Hope so
    At last Palm called me to exchange my cracked treo pro. They sent me a new one (not refurbished) without any charge or credit card.
    I have just to send the cracked one in the UPS prepaid box.
    Great !
    So Europeans lets go to call Palm tech center to exchange your cacked Treo Pro.
  5.    #305  
    The "have cracks" in the poll is creeping near 50% but that is deceiving since they seem to have virtually disappeared from the chatter seen amongst the threads
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
    It would be nice to know if the Cracked GTP's is for the most part out of circulation.

It could be that some of the 'Yes Votes' have since got a Replacement Treo Pro that hasn't developed cracks.

Maybe once the STP is released, we could start a new Poll.

Not to bury this one, but to get an idea if people are still getting cracked Treo Pro's.

If the count stays low, it might show that Palm/Htc now has a handle on it, and any new Treo Pro's are no longer developing cracks.

What do you guys think?
    Other Idea's?
    Just call me Berd.
    I've had my replacement for about two and a half weeks so far, and I have zero cracks! I'll report back after a month or when the first crack shows up, whichever comes first. :-)

Edit: A new poll might be useful as I'm sure some of the original respondents have obtained replacement devices.
  8.    #308  
    I'm feeling too lazy to go through the threads right now but it seems to me that most, if not all, of the new cracks reported are from across the pond? I could be way off but I keep thinking that when reading this thread lately for some reason.... maybe I should reread? LOL
  9.    #309  
    yeah, a new poll might be called for here Berd
    Someone had mentioned that they originally voted 'No Cracks' and later discovered them.
    We also have ones who voted 'Yes Cracks' and now their replacement is good.
    If we did do a new poll, I don't see any reason to do the 'in Us or Outside Us' Thing.
    All we need to know now is if New Treo Pro's are still getting Released Crack Prone.
    The only way a new poll would work is if someone votes they have 'No Cracks' and later develop cracks, I'd have to manually change their vote for them.
    I would hope that wouldn't be needed.
    Just call me Berd.
  11.    #311  
    I'd be curious to see when the last known cracked TP was released or put in service.
    I guess we could devide the Gsm and Sprint into yes and no's.
    Yes, it would be interesting to know if any show up still for gsm, or if these completely new production Sprints develop cracks.
    Just call me Berd.
  13.    #313  
    ok. Curiousity has me now big time!! There are a lot of answers I'd like to know. Grace us with a new poll
    I will wait for the STP Release to start the new Poll.
    This will give others time to say what they think about a new poll.

Ideas, suggestions, concerns
    Just call me Berd.
  15.    #315  
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    I'd be curious to see when the last known cracked TP was released or put in service.
    That's pretty easy, that was the replacement received by Decius on 29 Jan.

But I do have a lurking suspicion that the S/N showed it to be one of the original batch.
  17.    #317  
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    That's pretty easy, that was the replacement received by Decius on 29 Jan.

But I do have a lurking suspicion that the S/N showed it to be one of the original batch.
    I do remember you pointing that out at the time now. It was odd that his S/n did not seem in "sequence" or of the new order. Think they sent him a return?
    Had replacement now longer than either previous unit with no cracks what so ever. Also Palm credited me back the advanced replacement fee as well. So far so good.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

19.    #319  
    Me too. I had my first one for 45 days and it cracked. I have had my replacement for the past 3.5-4 months with none. Now I am dealing with a dust issue though....
    Well I'd be willing to bet that with very few exceptions, everyone is now getting refurbished devices which were sent in for various issues. I'm sure several of them were returned because of cracked housings and probably just had their guts transferred into new housing, which is why some of the refurbs have serial numbers from what we're all assuming is an earlier production run. The one I got the first time around may have tested fine and the crack was small enough that it was simply overlooked during the inspection process because it was returned for another reason. I saw it because I was looking for it.

The second replacement has the same 09M8H that my original device had. The first replacement (with the crack) had 09N8H. I don't think we can make any assumptions at this point based solely on serial number as we simply don't have enough information. Based on a lack of new reports, it would seem as though the issue has been resolved by the manufacturer, which is good news for everyone.