View Poll Results: Has your Treo shown any cracks?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo in US

31 14.29%
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo outside US

38 17.51%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve in US

21 9.68%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

13 5.99%
  • No, 'naked' Treo in US

49 22.58%
  • No, 'naked' Treo outside US

26 11.98%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve in US

25 11.52%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

6 2.76%
  • not sure

8 3.69%
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    last advice of french support (in buenos aires ! ) is to write a letter (yes an old letter on a paper sheet...) to Palm center in UK.....
    i'm feeling lost....
    Quote Originally Posted by gouaig View Post

But in another email they say that they have several request about this plastic issue.
    Even with this mail,the Palm phone support still telling me they can't do anything.
    It's a nightmare....
    Could you post that email?
    I'm curious of the wording.
    Just call me Berd.
    man, took mine out of its case for the first time in weeks today and at least 3 more cracks have developed on the side...off to try for an advance exchange again tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    man, took mine out of its case for the first time in weeks today and at least 3 more cracks have developed on the side...off to try for an advance exchange again tomorrow
    I'm sorry, I don't have time to scan through all the posts to check... when you say "again," do you mean that you have cracks in your replacement Treo Pro and you're going to try to get another replacement? Or do you mean that you didn't have any luck today and you have to try again tomorrow to get an advance replacement?
  5.    #225  
    Scottymomo has only reported cracks previously in this thread from my quick scan. He never mentioned if he got a replacement or just lived with them. If he did get a replacement, that would be possbile very bad news? I have the same case as him, and it is very hard and rigid and should protect it well. I'm afraid to take mine out of my Seidio innocase now and check...... Scotty, please say it is your original one!!!!!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Scotty's was a pretty early US Pro, the most likely group to have had cracks. He reported a couple but hadn't (to my knowledge) mentioned returning it.
    correct. tried to get it replaced once but got the "ship it and we'll send it back fixed" response so I held off..
    Here is the mail ! in French of course ! lol

Merci d'avoir contacte le support technique de Palm.

Nous avons reçu des réclames par rapport à ces défauts,nous enverrons les photos aux ingénieurs de Palm, de que nous aurons des nouvelles nos serons en contact avec vous.
    Merci d'avoir contacte le Support Technique de Palm(tm).
    Si vous avez de plus amples questions ou si cela ne resout pas votre probleme, n'hesitez pas a nous contacter a nouveau.

Cordialement,
    Lorena Moreno
    Support Technique Palm
    Here is the mail ! in French of course ! lol

Merci d'avoir contacte le support technique de Palm.

Nous avons reçu des réclames par rapport à ces défauts,nous enverrons les photos aux ingénieurs de Palm, de que nous aurons des nouvelles nos serons en contact avec vous.
    Merci d'avoir contacte le Support Technique de Palm(tm).
    Si vous avez de plus amples questions ou si cela ne resout pas votre probleme, n'hesitez pas a nous contacter a nouveau.

Cordialement,
    Lorena Moreno
    Support Technique Palm
    for us non-French speaking inquiring minds, could you translate???
    Fix it 'til it's broke!
    Treo Pro on AT&T
    in fact i said it before :
    we have many request about this defaut, we've sent pictures to our engeniors.
    We'll contact you as soon as we have an answer.

So what should i do now ? waiting ? no ! i will continue to phone !
  11.    #231  
    I got my replacement TP (New in box) on 11/11, 45 days after receiving my original unit. My original unit encountered 5-6 cracks after about day 35 with a VERY babied existence. I have had my replacement unit for a few days short of 2 months and there are no cracks or flaws on it at all even after actually dropping this unit once on the tile and running in to a table with it naked in my pocket.
    In summary, I have had my second unit quite a bit longer without any signs of cracks, even after being quite a bit rougher with it. I am starting to lean towards the bad batch theory quite a bit now. I see less people talking about it as well now? My new TP has now been tucked away in my new Seidio Innocase the past week plus now (awesome case) and I look forward to keeping it san cracks.
    Have we heard of ANY replacement units getting cracks? I don't think we have right? Good news if true
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    Have we heard of ANY replacement units getting cracks? I don't think we have right? Good news if true
    Well, you did report that yours had a tiny one, but put that down to having given it a knock. I take it that hasn't got any worse?

And jamesgangut reported that his first replacement was also replaced due to cracks. However, though he didn't give any dates (or S/N) it looked like the replacement was so soon after the original TP (returned after 5 days) that it could easily have been the same batch.
    justa question.
    when you called palm tech, did you request someone of the repairs departement or did the first personn accepted to send you another ?
    thx
  14.    #234  
    [QUOTE=Biggles;1537544]Well, you did report that yours had a tiny one, but put that down to having given it a knock. I take it that hasn't got any worse?[QUOTE]

I think mine is more of a ding the more I look at it?? I got it from having it naked in my front pocket and running in to a table pretty hard with it. It is really, really small and on the corner. It definitely has not gotten worse and almost looks smaller some how.... is Palm doing nano technology? LOL. You can probably take me off the crack list for replacements and I'll update if it does get worse.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    I think mine is more of a ding the more I look at it?? I got it from having it naked in my front pocket and running in to a table pretty hard with it. It is really, really small and on the corner. It definitely has not gotten worse and almost looks smaller some how.... is Palm doing nano technology? LOL. You can probably take me off the crack list for replacements and I'll update if it does get worse.
    OK, I'll regrade you to 'Ding'
    ;-)
  16.    #236  
    Thanks for regrading me as a ding. LOL. Does the inactivity on this thread mean that there are no more new cracked phones and it was truly a first run batch issue?? It looks that way to me and I am very happy with that news!!
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    S/N: P4GUE8Y8H0PU

My UK Treo Pro developed cracks around the end button, and I sent it off for repair on December 31. As of today, I still haven't got it back from the UK service center!

As you can imagine, I'm not happy with Palm right now...
    Stig, please let me know how did you manage with Palm UK to have your Treopro repaired by Palm ? What did you say ? did you call tecnical center ?

By my side, they still telling nobody has this trouble in europe and no instructions about this repair....
    I just received a call today from Palm's corporate support. They informed me that my replacement was shipping today. They apologized for the delay (I issued the request on December 24th) and they offered me an accessory from a list. I chose another battery.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Stig, please let me know how did you manage with Palm UK to have your Treopro repaired by Palm ? What did you say ? did you call tecnical center ?

By my side, they still telling nobody has this trouble in europe and no instructions about this repair....
    I just followed the Support links on the Palm UK website, and sent an email describing the cracks. You could also email eurocustcare.ee@palm.com

I was asked to attach a photo showing the cracks, and was later given an SRO number to arrange a return.

However, as it's been nearly 3 weeks since I sent it for repair, maybe there are internal discussions as to whether to issue a replacement.

I had one of the very first Pro's in the UK, before they were available in the US, so it must have been a very early model.