View Poll Results: Has your Treo shown any cracks?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo in US

31 14.29%
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo outside US

38 17.51%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve in US

21 9.68%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

13 5.99%
  • No, 'naked' Treo in US

49 22.58%
  • No, 'naked' Treo outside US

26 11.98%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve in US

25 11.52%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

6 2.76%
  • not sure

8 3.69%
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    no idea... =/
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    s/n P4GU09M8H0BE

called tech support and have RMA to send the unit back. have cracks by off button all the way around to the wifi button.
    Quote Originally Posted by jajjja View Post
    s /n P4GU09M8H0BE

called tech support and have RMA to send the unit back. have cracks by off button all the way around to the wifi button.
    Another cracked 9M8H.
    I really think both the 9M8H & 9N8H are the most affected.
  4. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jajjja View Post
    s/n P4GU09M8H0BE

Is Palm sending you a new one before you send yours back?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Another cracked 9M8H.
    I really think both the 9M8H & 9N8H are the most affected.
    That is the case. Those were the early S/Ns supplied in the US.

Out of the ones that have been reported, 24 have those codes and 17 had cracks (71%).

Out of all other TPs reported (which will include ones with those codes who hadn't reported their S/Ns), there were 49 of which 25 had cracks (51%). Still high, but remember that this thread will particularly attract those who have a crack.
    S/N P4xx09N8Hxxx

Cracks at the top of volume button, starting now at middle of voulume button
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhip View Post
    S/N P4xx09N8Hxxx

Cracks at the top of volume button, starting now at middle of voulume button
    Sorry,

Now if you guys could figure out just the right wording to have palm first send your replacement.

I just don't know what it is from rep to rep that some decide to send a replacement first, and others make you send yours back first.
    Just call me Berd.
    Here's what worked for james:

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    ...clip...I just talked to Palm and the keyword here was "Hairline Crack" I said those words and the rep instantly repeated this is a hairline crack without being dropped. I said yes she put me on hold and came back and basically admitted this is a known issue and I had two options. First I could send my phone back and they would send me a new one upon receiving mine, 5-15 days. Or I could get an advanced replacement for $25 and securing $400 on my CC. I opted for this. We went through the all the billing and shipping info then back on hold for a minute and she cam back and said they are waiting for units to arrive from manufacturing, and it could be 15 days. I will be receiving a new barebones device so I will be reusing my battery, door and stylus.

I am wondering if the channel the phone is purchased through changes how they are dealing with the repairs. I bought mine from an Enterprise reseller. They specifically asked me where I purchased mine. They gave me no hassle whatsoever just questions here and there then a little different answer. This $25 advanced exchange has been something I have seen on several previous models I have dealt with purchasing through the same reseller. I am guessing had I bought it from Palm direct they might not have charged the fee. My discount makes it worth it in any case.

Just another experience.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Mine has a small crack near the wi-fi button.

I'm in Canada and bought mine from the US. After calling Palm, they are reluctant to send me a replacement. I was told a level 2 support person would call me back, which didn't happen yet.
    Hello,

my treo pro bought in france has a crack to !
    A crack near on/off button appeared yesterday (2 months after buy)
    I have just contacted Palm support, they asked me to send few photos to show this "like hair" crack.
    I'm waiting for next step (palm should contact me by mail i think).
    I'll let you know what happens !
    Here is the pics !

some troubles to post photos, but here they are !

S/N P4xxA958Hxxx
    Attached Images Attached Images
    unbelievable !
    Palm has just answered me it is not a known issue ans this crack is only because of my use !
    Who should i contact ? (i'm french)
    To sum-up, it seems there is absolutely no cracks on TREO PRO in Europe ?!?!? (as Palm said)
    If an european have some, please let me know.....
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gouaig View Post
    To sum-up, it seems there is absolutely no cracks on TREO PRO in Europe ?!?!? (as Palm said)
    Nonsense. On this, and the odd other thread in this forum, we have had reported cracks by:-

ToolkiT (UK)
    frause (Sweden)
    oVan (Belgium)
    jrahe (Germany)

Apart from the US, which does appear to have the highest % crack rate, we have also had them reported in Dubai, Canada, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia and Australia.
    i posted this trouble on palm forum here :
    http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...hread.id=39312

so what can we do now ?
    after 3 calls to palm tech they advise me to call Palm center in UK ! because they can't do anything for this trouble ! argh
    In an email Palm say :
    After trials with Treo Pro when can say that with a good use, the plastic is resistive enough.
    But in another email they say that they have several request about this plastic issue.
    Even with this mail,the Palm phone support still telling me they can't do anything.
    It's a nightmare....
    so .....
    no solution for me ?
    Quote Originally Posted by gouaig View Post
    so ..... no solution for me ?
    I don't think anyone here can offer any suggestion other than to be persistent. Some of us are getting different responses or outcomes from Palm depending on which support rep we talk to.
  18.    #218  
    Be a pain in the ****!!! Keep escalating the issue to higher levels and call back to get a diffeent rep until you can the results. It worked for the rest of us.
    thanks, i will call back again and again....
    to be continued...
    for information european tech support of Palm is located in argentina.
    they still telling they've never seen these cracks before....