View Poll Results: Has your Treo shown any cracks?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo in US

31 14.29%
  • Yes, 'naked' Treo outside US

38 17.51%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve in US

21 9.68%
  • Yes, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

13 5.99%
  • No, 'naked' Treo in US

49 22.58%
  • No, 'naked' Treo outside US

26 11.98%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve in US

25 11.52%
  • No, Treo in case/sleeve outside US

6 2.76%
  • not sure

8 3.69%
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    shocking.. makes me thing twice before getting a palm device.. even with good customer support.
    I don;t know that it is shocking. I have had every model Treo and Centro I owned myself or a member of the house hold develop cracks. It is just sooner on the Pro and the FIRST model they have allowed me to return for cracks. My 680 they refused to return as it was "cosmetic". The build quality on the Pro seems better than previous models in many regards and I am expecting the new one to be fine. I have had issues with every newer device and I would rather have the crack in the case than the orange blob, dropped pixel, software/radio issues I have had in the past. Not to say I think it is ok to have these issues on a $500 phone but they are making it right.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

We're still waiting for the TP to be released here in Manila... hopefully, the production lot assigned to our region will be crack free

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by shoktong View Post
    We're still waiting for the TP to be released here in Manila... hopefully, the production lot assigned to our region will be crack free

Merry Christmas everyone!

I hope so.
    For those who had their housing fixed or repaired, how long did Palm have your device? My friend's device has been at Palm since 12/5. Luckily he has another device to use because 20 days without a device is pretty hefty.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    merry christmas every body! hope you get your phones repaired in time =D
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    For those who had their housing fixed or repaired, how long did Palm have your device? My friend's device has been at Palm since 12/5. Luckily he has another device to use because 20 days without a device is pretty hefty.
    It's my understanding that they cross ship a new phone, if you give them a $400 deposit on your Visa card, and get credited when they receive the phone.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    It's my understanding that they cross ship a new phone [...] Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
    That is not what I have been told by the two Palm reps I've spoken with on the phone. I asked for that specifically and was told my only option was sending in for repair. While VibrantRedGT's friend's case may be an isolated incident -- at least I hope that's the case -- it's a prime example of why the "repair" option is so unattractive to me. In my case I don't have another device I can use, and would be forced to buy another phone to use in the meantime. That simply isn't acceptable, especially when I read that other users are getting their devices replaced with minimal hassle for simple cracks. (I have cracks and an issue with the keyboard separating from the phone on one side.)

It is inconsistent treatment like this that makes dealing with support so frustrating. You shouldn't have to call back to get a different answer; every caller should get the same response from every rep each time they call. (That complaint is not unique to Palm.)
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    It's my understanding that they cross ship a new phone, if you give them a $400 deposit on your Visa card, and get credited when they receive the phone.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
    They did for me with a $25 fee but I got an update call last evening that they are not expecting new units for upto 15 more days.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I'm a long time Treo fan, currently with a 755p, and was waiting till Sprint came out with TreoPro. But after reading about cracking cases.......wonder if maybe I should look for something else?
  11. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eg757 View Post
    I'm a long time Treo fan, currently with a 755p, and was waiting till Sprint came out with TreoPro. But after reading about cracking cases.......wonder if maybe I should look for something else?
    The cracking issue seems have been limited to some of the initial batches. The new ones or the replacement ones do not seem to be having the problem. If that helps your decision making.
    And to be fair, the cracks seem to be mostly cosmetic defects and don't seem to be affecting the functionality of the device for most users.
    Both the units I had were certainly part of the first batch out, and the cracks were cosmetic. The only reason I am sending them back is it was so early in their life. I wouldn't let the cracks influence your decision this model is the Treo we have been waiting (too long) for.

14.    #194  
    I have had my replacement phone for a few months now and I LOVE this phone!! I do have a real small crack in the top left corner of my replacement phone but it is hardly noticed and might be my fault. I bumped in to a table pretty good with it while it was naked in my pocket. I will monitor it and report back, but like I said - it is insignificant and maybe my fault. Anyone getting cracks on replacements?? I dont think there have been any reported? That would be great news!!!!
    The cracked units may very well be a thing gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decius View Post
    That simply isn't acceptable, especially when I read that other users are getting their devices replaced with minimal hassle for simple cracks. (I have cracks and an issue with the keyboard separating from the phone on one side.)

It is inconsistent treatment like this that makes dealing with support so frustrating. You shouldn't have to call back to get a different answer; every caller should get the same response from every rep each time they call. (That complaint is not unique to Palm.)
    That's the part I don't get. The rep I dealt with was no hassle. They told me to just keep using the Pro I had and when the new one arrived, just send the defective one back. My issue wasn't with cracks though.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The cracked units may very well be a thing gone.
    Hopefully.

As far as I can tell from the (limited) data I've collected, it looks like the cut-off 'phone received' date was 21 Nov, though I wasn't given a location for that one. There was another in mid-Nov in Oz, but the latest one definitely in the US was 12 Nov.
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Hopefully.

As far as I can tell from the (limited) data I've collected, it looks like the cut-off 'phone received' date was 21 Nov, though I wasn't given a location for that one. There was another in mid-Nov in Oz, but the latest one definitely in the US was 12 Nov.
    So it is looking more and more like a bad batch!!!
    That should make us all feel better!! My new one is perfect and I just ordered a Seidio Innocucase (spelling?) to make sure. Mine only has that little "paper like cut ding" that I am pretty sure I did. How do you like that description? LOL. It is amazing that I have yet to see a TP out in public. No one has any idea of what I have when I pull mine out....until the release in a bit from Sprint it appears.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    No one has any idea of what I have when I pull mine out....
    Here in the UK everyone knows exactly what I have when I pull mine out - "Hey, those Blackberries are great, aren't they!".

:-(
  20.    #200  
    Yeah, I do get the blackberry thing a lot. I get the Iphone thing a lot when they just see the back too. I am yet to see another TP in Las Vegas after having mine since 9/26. I thought I would se at least a few by now. I wonder how many were sold?