1.    #1  
    Well, my WM days are numbered. Im going to the dark side and switching to the BB Storm. Its been nice doing 400 soft resets a day, doing hard resets and reconfiguring over and over, struggling for free memory, installing this to fix that.....Im out. Yes, I will miss trouble shooting why things dont work how they are advertised but Im moving to a huge screen and the latest state of the art technology.

Im thinking that if the Pro or the 800 came to VZW I might have stuck around but I've had it. I may encounter a few issues with the BB along the way but at least its not Windoze Slobile.

I may be back, who knows, but for now, I bid you a fond fairwell.

Thanks to all those who helped me in the past with my stupid questions and trivial issues.

Jeff.
    I aint nobody, dork!
    I hope you enjoy the Storm (no sarcasm intended, honest ).

Wanna send me your 700wx?
    I maybe do one soft reset a week, maybe. Never a hard reset. But I don't install a lot of apps to clutter it up though, so YMMV.

Good luck with the storm. I just don't think I could get by with a hardware qwerty keyboard.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I hope you enjoy the Storm (no sarcasm intended, honest ).

Wanna send me your 700wx?
    PM sent.
    I aint nobody, dork!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveG_NH View Post
    I maybe do one soft reset a week, maybe. Never a hard reset. But I don't install a lot of apps to clutter it up though, so YMMV.

Good luck with the storm. I just don't think I could get by with a hardware qwerty keyboard.

Hey, 50 million Elvis fans cant be wrong!! lol

Im going to embrace the new screen and keyboard as if it were a third child.
    I aint nobody, dork!
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jchrist View Post
    Well, my WM days are numbered. Im going to the dark side and switching to the BB Storm. Its been nice doing 400 soft resets a day, doing hard resets and reconfiguring over and over, struggling for free memory, installing this to fix that.....Im out. Yes, I will miss trouble shooting why things dont work how they are advertised but Im moving to a huge screen and the latest state of the art technology.

Im thinking that if the Pro or the 800 came to VZW I might have stuck around but I've had it. I may encounter a few issues with the BB along the way but at least its not Windoze Slobile.

I may be back, who knows, but for now, I bid you a fond fairwell.

Thanks to all those who helped me in the past with my stupid questions and trivial issues.

Jeff.
    Sounds like there may have been some issues with your particular device. I've had my 700WX on VZW for about 15 months and I might soft reset once a week. My hard resets are rare. Restoring my device has been no problem either, due to a good b/u app. I came to the WM world after 3+ years w/ a BB. No way I'd go back.
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekCop View Post
    Sounds like there may have been some issues with your particular device. I've had my 700WX on VZW for about 15 months and I might soft reset once a week. My hard resets are rare. Restoring my device has been no problem either, due to a good b/u app. I came to the WM world after 3+ years w/ a BB. No way I'd go back.

I make it sound worse than it was. In reality, I was on the same page as you. But with all the new apps that would come out, roms, VZW rom updates....it was tough to keep up and retain any sanity. I was tinkering more than 'using' the thing. Although very fun to tinker, took up alot of my time I could have spent on other things.

On a side note, my wife may be taking it over so it will still be there to play with and tailor to her needs. She has an env now but loves the WM platform on a phone.
    I aint nobody, dork!