Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay, I tested this over the weekend and had no issues so I'm posting the cab. Let me know if you find any problems.

Keylight v1.0 (800w edition)

Description:
    This program allows you to toggle your keyboard lights, similar to the 700wx versions of Keylight by Slinghann or Pocketmax.

Install:
    Just like any other cab file, a soft-reset is NOT required.

Usage:
    Just use the Keylight shortcut installed under StartMenu->Programs to toggle the keylight state. You can also map this to a hardware key by going to StartMenu->Settings->Buttons. Keylight supports command-line arguments if you want to call it from Mortscript, for example:
    Keylight.exe -toggle
    Keylight.exe -on
    Keylight.exe -off

Notes:
    The Brightness control panel modifies the screen backlight AND the keyboard backlight levels and will turn your keyboard lights back on, even if you had previously turned them off. You can rerun the keylight toggle to turn them off again. I can fix this, but it requires patching binaries and other nasty stuff, so I'm leaving this alone for now.

The keylight brightness-level is variable on the 800w, and is kept in sync with the screen backlight brightness-level. This is different than the behavior on the 700wx where the keylights are either at max brightness-level OR off.

The keylight state should be preserved upon soft-reset.

I have no idea if this will work on a Treo Pro, but I'm betting it won't.

I haven't noticed any side-effects, holler if you see something weird.

Acknowledgements:
    Hannip, Slingbox, Bruce at pocketmax.net
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Thanks, zbop. I'll give it a whirl.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Works Great for me.

What is the main reason for the App?

Save the battery? Or something else?

Thanks
    I'll give it a try. Glad to see you back. Your tools made the 700wx a great device. I am hoping you can help out with the 800w.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I prefered your keyLight cab over all the others for the 700wx. I just loaded this one on my 800w and its working well. Im sure we all apreciated this as power conservation on the 800w helps alot, besides the other pros that come along with being able to shut off your Keylight on your 800w.
    how hard would it be to extend this with an on/off time that it would cycle the keyboard lights? (Just a simple on and off time would be fine, no need to get fancy.)

I'm sure I can MortScript it, but I would prefer to have the built in functionality.
    THANK YOU!! ...that's all, just a big thank you for this.

If there's any issues, I'll be sure to post them here.

Update: keyboard light will hold setting after a soft reset
    Last edited by opacityzero; 11/10/2008 at 07:55 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    how hard would it be to extend this with an on/off time that it would cycle the keyboard lights? (Just a simple on and off time would be fine, no need to get fancy.)

I'm sure I can MortScript it, but I would prefer to have the built in functionality.
    If it's simple, not hard at all. I didn't implement this because there are profile managers and schedulers that can do this already ( ok, truth be told I'm also lazy and implementing any UI is just one more thing that can break and require support ) I also find coding on windows mobile rather tedious, but if no one beats me to it by the time I'm done with the other projects, I'll look into it.

This program might work in the meantime:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=173412
  9.    #9  
    No crash and burns yet? I take that as a good sign...
    Thanks for this man. I made am icon for it in UL to turn the KL off at the touch of a button, and it works great so far...thanks again.
    Cool program. I haven't tried it yet, downloading after i post this.

Was this one of projects hannip was trying to work on/figure out?
    Just installed it! All I can say is...AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see how this helps the batt life.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    Cool program. I haven't tried it yet, downloading after i post this.

Was this one of projects hannip was trying to work on/figure out?
    Yep, same concept, but different implementation. From what I read, his version had some side-effects so I put together my own version. I probably should have checked with him first, hopefully he's not PO'ed that I released this...
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    I probably should have checked with him first, hopefully he's not PO'ed that I released this...
    Hannip's a busy guy and I'm sure he's glad for you to pick up and advanced any "lingering" projects around here

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    thank you very much zbop.
    i had this on my 755p and it worked great. this may help battery life a little bit more on the 800.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Works fantastic here. Thank you very much!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Hannip's a busy guy and I'm sure he's glad for you to pick up and advanced any "lingering" projects around here
    Yeah, Hannip has always been a gracious fellow, so I figured no worries there... however some developers get a bit testy if you encroach on their territory
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    however some developers get a bit testy if you encroach on their territory
    What?! You're going to be working on RealVGA?

Stay out! I keeell you!

Works great. Thanks!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    What?! You're going to be working on RealVGA?

Stay out! I keeell you!

Silence! Infidel!!

Actually I'm usually just the opposite, I tend to work on things that no one else WILL work on.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast