Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Thanks for offering, I may take you up on that later...

Although if you can code and have the interest, why not just download EVC4.0 and the WM6 SDK, (both free), pick a project and jump in. There's no shortage of requests for tools around here.
    When I downloaded the WM SDK for any version they required at a minimum the VS2005. When trying to put it with EVC4.0 it would not work. Do you know something to get this to work?

Still debating if I have time to get back into coding and if I do where to start with information. Free time is at a premium right now so I really don't have a lot of time to do this but in the past I did extensive programming on things and been looking for a reason to get back into this stuff..

Thinking i might just break the bank and get the VS2008 and start from there...

But anyhow got to have the programming environment first.. then the information to make this all work... I stopped my CS degree a few years back and hope to restart it here when I get my kid stuff sorted out... But for now.. Tinkering around with my phones would be a cool thing... (My 700wx is in my daughters hands now and I have this new shiny 800w to play with now.)

Rodney
    Working nicely. thanks!
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    When I downloaded the WM SDK for any version they required at a minimum the VS2005. When trying to put it with EVC4.0 it would not work. Do you know something to get this to work?

Still debating if I have time to get back into coding and if I do where to start with information. Free time is at a premium right now so I really don't have a lot of time to do this but in the past I did extensive programming on things and been looking for a reason to get back into this stuff..

Thinking i might just break the bank and get the VS2008 and start from there...

But anyhow got to have the programming environment first.. then the information to make this all work... I stopped my CS degree a few years back and hope to restart it here when I get my kid stuff sorted out... But for now.. Tinkering around with my phones would be a cool thing... (My 700wx is in my daughters hands now and I have this new shiny 800w to play with now.)

Rodney
    I'm currently using VS2005, I mentioned using EVC4 because it is free. But I believe Hannip is using EVC4, not sure if he has run into issues. I know that moving projects between different VS versions and EVC is a pain though.

You can usually pick up an academic version of Visual Studio fairly cheap off Ebay.

Yep, time is a premium for everyone, but I try to pick small projects rather than full blown apps, so I can just work on it a few hours here and there. I just do it for fun...
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    If you are using eVC++ the latest SDK that you can use with it is 2003. I do use several features of WM5/WM6 with eVC++ but have to load the DLL's and call the functions by pointer. I also have VS2005, but haven't done much with it other than leaning and tinkering with C# which is very java like. I got VS2005 for free by watching a few educational videos from Microsoft. You just had to watch a few minutes and fast forward on a few videos and they gave you credit to get VS2005 for free. That was a few years ago tho. Not sure if they still do stuff like that.
    thanks ... works great on my 800w
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
  6. rtw
    working great, thanks!!

but i had a little problem getting mine working correctly. after copy/pasting the text to a reg file, and importing the reg file to the phone, it shows up in the Buttons tool as "side" right under "Hold Side". but when i tried to choose Keylight for the "side' program I got an error that I wasnt allowed to assign the same key two programs. so i had to assign "side" to <None> first, close it, and then go back in and assign "side" to Keylight. then it worked like a charm. thanks again!
    What is the regedit to turn the keyboard lights on and off? I tried installing this so I could switch easier but it seems when I run it nothing happens. I'm guessing its because I edited my registry before to turn off the backlights. But I can't seem to find the edit. Or am I retarded and its not an edit but somewhere else? I haven't modded my phone since January.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    What is the regedit to turn the keyboard lights on and off? I tried installing this so I could switch easier but it seems when I run it nothing happens. I'm guessing its because I edited my registry before to turn off the backlights. But I can't seem to find the edit. Or am I retarded and its not an edit but somewhere else? I haven't modded my phone since January.
    I don't believe you can change the keylight state via the registry on the 800w, if you can it's news to me.
    hmm. so my keyboard just doesnt light up? I'm assuming it is supposed to hence this app but it doesnt.
    hmm. so my keyboard just doesnt light up? I'm assuming it is supposed to hence this app but it doesnt.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    Your keyboard should light up.

Try the following:
    1) soft-reset
    2) using the brightness control panel, first lower it all the way down
    3) then raise your brightness level all the way up (they should be on now)

If Keylight cannot turn your keyboard lights on and the Brightness control panel will not turn them on, then either you have a hardware issue OR your system is just plain screwed up.

Next step would be a hard-reset, if that doesn't fix it, time for a replacement.
    Umm I'm like 99% positive my keyboard used to light up. also when i run the keylight program nothing happens.
    Cool, an app I didn't know I needed!

I mapped it to my side button.

Thanks!
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    thanks
    thanks a lot dude
    ne. It sounded like someone running over gravel. 'I dunno. I thought you'd be taller.''Perhaps he's eroded a bit,' said another one. 'The legend is awfully old.'Rincewind shifted 218.a295 awkwardly. He was pretty certain the rock he was sitting on was changing shape, and a tiny troll ?C hardly any more than a pebble ?C was sitting companionably on his foot an
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234