Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to increase the maximum available volume for the headset. On noisy trains the maximum that can be got out of the volume control is too low.

I'm thinking there might be a registry key....

Any help much appreciated.
    All my Phones I turn all the way up, and yet often still have to press it hard to my ear

I got an audiopara which was modified by another TC member. I will send him a PM to see if it's okay for me to share.

Now I have my pro set two down from full and it is still loud and clear.
    I could see where if he boosted it any more it could become distorted.
    I think he hit it right on.
    I did some googling about audiopara and one guy over at ppcgeeks said he blew his speaker from setting it too loud.
    But like I said, I think our fellow TC member has it just right.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I'm interested in this as well. Please pm the audiopara info to me if possible as well.
    Can I get a meeee three for that app too?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    All my Phones I turn all the way up, and yet often still have to press it hard to my ear

I got an audiopara which was modified by another TC member. I will send him a PM to see if it's okay for me to share.

Now I have my pro set two down from full and it is still loud and clear.
    I could see where if he boosted it any more it could become distorted.
    I think he hit it right on.
    I did some googling about audiopara and one guy over at ppcgeeks said he blew his speaker from setting it too loud.
    But like I said, I think our fellow TC member has it just right.
    share away!
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Quote Originally Posted by cortez.i View Post
    share away!
    Great!

I'll zip it up and post it.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by cortez.i
    simple instructions: search your windows folder for the original AudioPara3.csv file on your TreoPro and copy it off somewhere as a backup. Next, take the attached file, rename it to AudioPara3.csv and copy it to your windows folder on the phone. you'll have to use Resco Explorer or Total Commander to overwrite the file because it's in ROM. after copying, reset your phone and make a call...on my TreoPro it made a huge difference in loudness at the expense of minor call clarity. if it doesn't work for you, simply copy your backed up version over the tweaked version, soft reset and you're done.
    Here it is.
    (need to unzip, and then follow instructions by cortez.i above.)

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk!
    I suggest you start low and increase slowly.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/20/2009 at 07:15 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    also, if you don't like the change, you can delete the modified AudioPara.csv file and the original will be restored from the ROM copy. hope this helps everyone!
    cortez
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Any idea if this will work with the 800w? I would think it should.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Any idea if this will work with the 800w? I would think it should.
    isn't the 800w built by a different OEM? first check to see if you have an audiopara.csv file; if you don't it probably won't work.
    cortez
  10.    #10  
    That works a treat for in call volume but what about the system volume for listing to mp3 etc? I don't think this is modified by the tweaked audiopara3.csv file that's been posted.

Again, any help gratefully received.

Thanks
    hi!

Yeah I need the mp3 volume to be increased but I really don't get how this works. I've installed resco explorer but I don't see how you get rid of the other file and rename this one...
    I find that the overall volume on the Treo Pro is not strong. When listening through a speaker or even sometimes through headphones.

Now I realize the quality of the recording is a part of it, but frankly for many recordings i can listen with the earbuds on and cranked to the loudest and its still not that loud.

Anyone know of any tweaks to increase the volume out put? I really would love the built in speaker to be
    Seems loud enough for me. I have even compared my Nokia E71's speaker and earphone to my Treo Pro and the Treo Pro seems to compete well against the Nokia E71 (volume-wise).
    No problems with volume here.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Thru the earphone, it is loud. Alot better than on the 800w.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    I find it extremely loud and that is with one ear not at 100%.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Loud here too.

<<merged>>

@kunicki,

Read the beginning of this thread I merged yours with.

Hope it helps.,
    Berd

Edit: Added to Sticky - http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...pro-users.html
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/20/2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: merged threads
    Just call me Berd.
    mine i usually try to turn it down and I'm already at the lowest!
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I don't have a problem with volume either and I use the speakerphone a lot.
    Pardon my ignorance but if this is not cab file How do i load to the Treo Pro.

Thanks.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast