Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Can anyone offer any help? I have installed SRS WOW HD twice, and it doesn't show up in my programs. It says it was installed, but there's nothing there. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadsden View Post
    Can anyone offer any help? I have installed SRS WOW HD twice, and it doesn't show up in my programs. It says it was installed, but there's nothing there. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    that's because it's not in PROGRAMS-

Start-->Settings-->System Tab-->WowHD Settings-

Mark
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Thank you for that. I have done so much reading I guess I missed over the post where it explained that.

Sorry for being so slow with this, but I am not exactly a technology wizard. I just got this treo pro and I simply need to make the speaker louder, especially for telenav while driving. Now that you showed me where to find the WOWHD setting, it says I have no driver installed. I have read through some threads on xda about how to install the registry patch, but I have been working on it for hours this morning and I haven't been able to figure it out. I am a mac user, and have windows installed on my mac. I only have used windows a few times, mostly to backup my blackberry. So, I don't know how to use windows at all and I am super confused as to how I am supposed to install and use the registry editor. I downloaded PHM registry editor. I *think* I installed it.

I'm really not being lazy and just asking for help. I have truly been working on this for almost 3 hours today, plus all the time yesterday. I have to get back to work and I just don't think I will be able to figure this out on my own. The registry thing has really got me hung up. Is there an easier solution to how to do this part of the installation?

Sorry for asking for so much.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I just finally got the registry editor installed and running on my treo. Now if I click the reg patch it opens up the reg editor. Is there something else I have to do to install the patch? I tried resetting to see if it worked and it didn't, so I assume I am missing something.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I know I've been a pain here, but I finally got SRS WOW and the patch installed. Unfortunately, it muted all my audio and I had to hard reset. I tried it twice to be sure with all the resetting everyone says to do in the proper sequence. After some reading around, a lot of people say it just doesn't work with WM 6.1. However, you got folks saying it definitely does work on their 6.1 devices. I was just wondering if there is anything else to try to make this work before I give up completely. I am having an extremely difficult time hearing navigation and things like youtube videos on my Treo, and I'm hoping there is a glimmer of hope for this to work. Anyone? Thanks!
    I was able to install SRS WOW HD on my GSM Treo Pro without any problems. You may have some other software installed on your device that could be causing a conflict with SRS WOW HD. If all else fails, I'd recommend backing up your device and then doing a hard reset, and seeing if you're able to install SRS WOW HD then.

I was primarily interested in giving my Treo Pro an overall volume boost, rather than tweaking with the bass and/or treble. The settings which gave me a rather significant volume boost are:
    SRS 3D Effect - 0%
    SRS Center Effect - 0%
    SRS Focus Level - 100%
    SRS Definition Level - 100%
    SRS TruBass Level - 70%
    SRS TruBass Speaker Size - 400 Hz
    Input Gain - 0 dB
    Output Gain - 0 dB
    for those simply wanting to boost audio music volume then the recomp TCPMP is the fastest safest way to do this. It has an excellent audio booster. I can upload is when I get to my desktop if anyone wants it
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    for those simply wanting to boost audio music volume then the recomp TCPMP is the fastest safest way to do this. It has an excellent audio booster. I can upload is when I get to my desktop if anyone wants it

Will it help with the external speaker? That's the only issue I have. Volume through headphones and headset speaker are fine for me.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I realized I forgot to post back about my findings with SRS WOW. As recommended, I did a hard reset and installed over again on the clean handheld. I still had the same problem with SRS WOW muting all of my audio. Thanks for the tip anyway, too bad it didn't work.

I don't know how someone else can get this to work on a treo pro but I can't. I am almost ready to go back to my blackberry or consider a palm pre, this is seriously disappointing. I'm starting to wonder if my speaker is actually defective. All audio except for ringtones (youtube, video audio and especially navigation) sounds terribly distorted like the speaker is already blown. It's really pathetic.
    wow! this is what i was looking for! i hope it works. it's needed for the motopure h15
    So basically since I installed WOW, and it muted everything, I have to do another hard reset?
    How do I save my work I have sprite and the myphone windows etc....
    I dont want to reset
    But now when I try to hear anything its all fuzzy...and distorted, even at low levels

Help
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    one year later

I just read this whole thread, and installed SRS WOW. It allows some nice tweaking with some types of sound sources, but others it has no effect. Very strange.

I haven't tried the AudioPara3.csv tweak.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234