Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jh055 View Post
    Hi Folks,

New to the discussion and to the Pro... Coming from years of Palm O/S most recently a Treo 650. Like many of you, i am finding the Pro's system volume is way weaker than my 650 in kinoma, wmp, or my v 5 pocket tunes. I read the post on the Wowhd program and decided to give it a try..., downloaded and extracted 4 files. can't figure out how to install em. do i drag em somewhere? do i double click on one of them? which one?

While i'm here, let me mention, i have downloaded several other apps which all say "will be downloaded to device next sync" but i sync sucessfully, and no sign of new files or apps. Clearly i just don't get it. will anyone out there take pity on a neophyte and walk me through the process?

thanks for all help.

jh
    It takes a bit of adjustment from PalmOS to figure out how to install programs on Windows Mobile. A cab file is an installation program that runs on your device. You don't unzip it (unless the cab itself is in a zip file). You copy it to your device and run it there. Here is a tutorial.

How to Install CAB File Software to Windows Mobile Smartphone / Pocket PC (XP Tutorial)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    For anyone thinking this is an issue because of cheap headphones, I use Bose TriPort in-ear headphones at the gym and I loved them with my 700w, but can barely hear the music out of my Treo Pro. I downloaded all these audio adjustment cabs and will try them out next week. Hopefully one of them will work so I won't have to downgrade my headphones.
    installed SRS WOW HD and it definitely made an improvement to the sound volume and quality. THANK YOU!
    hi, i've lost my original AudioPara3.csv, can someone upload please?
    You should of read a little more careful, Same exact thing happen to me, my solution HARD RESET, someone here was lucky just to remove the file and with a soft reset was up and running..

Good luck
    SRS WOW HD made a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by woss View Post
    hi, i've lost my original AudioPara3.csv, can someone upload please?
    Quote Originally Posted by yvyv View Post
    You should of read a little more careful, Same exact thing happen to me, my solution HARD RESET, someone here was lucky just to remove the file and with a soft reset was up and running..

Good luck
    Thanks yvyv.

@ woss,

If you don't want to wait around for someone to upload original AudioPara3.csv, do a Sprite Backup. Hard Reset like yvyv says. Right after the Hard Reset, copy the AudioPara3.csv from your device. Now you can do a Sprite Restore and you have a copy of the Original AudioPara3.csv that you can use once your Sprite Restore is done.

Or you can just Hard Reset like yvyv says, and start over from scratch.
    Just call me Berd.
    A little confused here...there seems to be two different "audio boosters" being discusssed; "audiopara" and "SRS Wow hd."

I downloaded the SRS Wow, dragged it into my Treo Pro main memory/Programs, and launched it on my phone. Now what? Audio volume sounds the same. i can't find any controls to tweak. An earlier post talked about going to Start/settings/system and "enabling stereo speakers and tweaking controls, but i can not find anything about "enabling speakers"....

thanks in advance for the guidance.
    jim
    Quote Originally Posted by jh055 View Post
    A little confused here...there seems to be two different "audio boosters" being discusssed; "audiopara" and "SRS Wow hd."

I downloaded the SRS Wow, dragged it into my Treo Pro main memory/Programs, and launched it on my phone. Now what? Audio volume sounds the same. i can't find any controls to tweak. An earlier post talked about going to Start/settings/system and "enabling stereo speakers and tweaking controls, but i can not find anything about "enabling speakers"....

thanks in advance for the guidance.
    jim
    SRS Wow.cab
    Now you have to run the file " Click on it " do a soft reset and after you do this Start/settings/system and "enabling stereo speakers and tweaking controls..

I hope this helps
    Wow, the volume really seemed to jump. I am anxious to try on my Jawbone 2 headset.

Thanks!
    I'm getting lost here too. It seems two topics got mixed up with each other.

1) Volume on phone calls
    a) from earpiece
    b) from headset/earphones
    2) Volume from Windows Mobile applications e.g. media player, kinoma, etc
    a) from speaker
    b) from headphones

For me I have IEM (in-ear-module) earphones so Kinoma on 20% is almost too loud with no distortion. Decent headphones are going to be the best solution for application audio. If I could put a volume limit on the earphone socket compared to the speaker that would be ideal.

Meanwhile I would like to increase the volume of the phone calls through the earpiece on the handset. I think then I need the CSV file and not the SRS-WOW for that right?
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    SRS wow does not work for me. it made my phone unusuable. i can call out, but the other side cannot hear me. i can hear them fine.

also the settings for SRS WOW does not display fully on my screen. it seems bigger like VGA version or something. i used the attached file on this thread.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I installed the wow software on my phone and have lost the ability to control the volume via the side button or the + - buttons in WMP. No matter what setting I put it on it is at the max volume. I can't say if it is louder than before or if changes in the WOW manager make any difference. HAs anyone else lost the ability to change the volume. I was hoping to increase it so when the kids watch the sprint TV in the backseat that they can actually hear it.

Anyone else have this issue? I am going to figure out how to uninstall next.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PAPutzback View Post
    I installed the wow software on my phone and have lost the ability to control the volume via the side button or the + - buttons in WMP. No matter what setting I put it on it is at the max volume. I can't say if it is louder than before or if changes in the WOW manager make any difference. HAs anyone else lost the ability to change the volume. I was hoping to increase it so when the kids watch the sprint TV in the backseat that they can actually hear it.

Anyone else have this issue? I am going to figure out how to uninstall next.
    I've noticed the same thing but ONLY with Windows Media Player- for
    all other programs and sounds the volume control still seems to work-
    Try a different player and see if it works-

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    I've noticed the same thing but ONLY with Windows Media Player- for
    all other programs and sounds the volume control still seems to work-
    Try a different player and see if it works-

Mark
    Same here, lost volume control on WMP but not on Kinoma. In regards to volume increases, it does not seem to, just to modify the quality of the sound.
    How is Treo Pro's volume compared to Treo 750? Is it better or worse than Treo 750's?
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    How is Treo Pro's volume compared to Treo 750? Is it better or worse than Treo 750's?
    It has better volume than all my prior WM smartphones. Having said that, the volume (for music) is certainly weaker than an ipod.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yvyv View Post
    Ok comfirm by Me SRS WOW HD1.21 does work and you get very decent audio results with KINOMA player..you will find the settings in the Start/Setting/System...
    Just enable stereo speakers/slide bars to preferences....BINGO/BANGO..
    file pick up over at xda.

Enjoy..
    I installed it and after I did a soft reset, I click on it and all I get is an error saying that I do not have a SRS WOW driver installed, and it will now close.

Ideas?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vfrjim View Post
    I installed it and after I did a soft reset, I click on it and all I get is an error saying that I do not have a SRS WOW driver installed, and it will now close.

Ideas?
    figured it out at XDA

For you and everyone with the same problem. Uninstall the program, reset, install it again, reset and you are done. That always solves the problem for me.
    First, let me thank you'll for the vast info/help provided here...I spend a lot of time reading the posts, reviews, suggestions etc - even while not having an active device for 2yrs (mil stationed in Turkey).

Since I'll be here one more yr, I was on the fence of waiting for another newer Treo version next year or the Pro now...previous T650 user...I did punch (Bestbuy $400) and bought the TP while on vacation back stateside last wk.

Using Bose earbuds and some cheaper Sonys that stay in my ear better and actually give decent bass for my Ipod Nano for running.

Installed the Wow SW and although a slight increase, I'm still not satisfied w/sound (both sliders maxed). For my T650, I purchased Pocket Tunes and Volume Care and outside of being a little bulky/heavy on arm case, was ready to use as all in one device. Was hopeful the lighter,newer Treo would get me closer to that magical all in one device we all pray for! :-) That not being the case, is there SW for WM like Volume Care to give the sound boost some of us are still craving - at least for those of us still not satisfied w/these two suggested tweaks? thx. v/r -g
    Quote Originally Posted by gdharvey View Post
    ...is there SW for WM like Volume Care to give the sound boost some of us are still craving...
    Not that I know about.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast