Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Instructions are in Post #6
    Just call me Berd.
    Is this fix going to make any difference on the Audio volume for listening to streaming Pandora or radio or mp3s or will this only boost the phone volume? I find the phone earpiece to be outstanding and very loud and clear but listening to music on wired headphones is lousy and way too quiet. I installed Pocket Tunes, which helped a bit. You can boost the volume a bit there, but it is still on the quiet side when there is a lot of ambient noise around. I need a solution to boost my music volume on my headphones, not to boost my phonecall volume. Will this help?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose View Post
    Is this fix going to make any difference on the Audio volume for listening to streaming Pandora or radio or mp3s or will this only boost the phone volume? I find the phone earpiece to be outstanding and very loud and clear but listening to music on wired headphones is lousy and way too quiet. I installed Pocket Tunes, which helped a bit. You can boost the volume a bit there, but it is still on the quiet side when there is a lot of ambient noise around. I need a solution to boost my music volume on my headphones, not to boost my phonecall volume. Will this help?
    Same here. The phone is great but the MP3 volume is a bit low through the 3.5mm jack.
    I have to agree with all that the same happens to me, the volume via the 3.5mm jack doesn't sound that loud. I was a ble to prove that yesterday when I went to the gym (Bally Total Fitness) that on the running track there are some music speakers overhead (for the general public) and every time I jogged right under the Bally music speakers, my Treo Pro's music would disolve, I just could hear loud enough.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    I have to agree with all that the same happens to me, the volume via the 3.5mm jack doesn't sound that loud. I was a ble to prove that yesterday when I went to the gym (Bally Total Fitness) that on the running track there are some music speakers overhead (for the general public) and every time I jogged right under the Bally music speakers, my Treo Pro's music would disolve, I just could hear loud enough.
    Did you have your main volume slider turned all the way up? I forgot to check mine and it was only set to halfway. Turning it up made a very large difference with the 3.5mm jack volume. Plenty loud now.
    Both of my main volume sliders (system and phone) are all the way up and mp3's still sound quiet to me.
    Same here, I turn the volume slider all the way up (both: system & phone ringer) and on WMP mobile I set the volume as high as 95% and sometimes wish it would still go out louder.
    Maybe it could be my cheap headsets from Walmart!
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I have attached a cab file that I have used on serveal devices, including a sprint and gsm treo pro. I does a great job of increasing the volume. In fact I set my main slider volume at approx 75% and use the windows media for the adjustment.

THE PROBLEM IS... is that on a treo pro it distorts the sounds coming from the external speakers. Rings, alert tones, etc. are distorted, and the use of the speaker phone is impossible for me. I install and uninstall it alot.
    -Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    Is the AudioBooster application that is available in the HTC Touch Diamond/Touch Pro portable to the Treo Pro? That would help.
    Get a batch audio/video converter like xilisoft and re-encode your mp3 or video files with the profile set to increase volume 150%. Ringtones and videos are perfectly loud on the treo pro without becoming distorted. I only wish video ringtones played video and not just the audio. This may be a pain to do, but if you set the profile once and drag in all your mp3's it should not take to long and the benefit is well worth it. You can also try ptunes although I used it and did not love it on the 800w. There was also an 800w mortscript to increase a2dp audio quality. Not sure if it is needed here but if someone wants it I would be happy to repost it.
    audio booster attached. I am not sure why, but it seems hard to enable it, perhaps a different version should do?
    After applying post #6, my phone I lost all the sound after a soft reset people could not hear me in the other side, a soft reset did not solve the problem so I end up doing a hard reset and had to restore everything wish suck,..be very careful....I have not try the above cabs, audio lighter booster or Audio booster... Maybe I will sometime...I still would like a notch pump in all my audio I came from the Q9C and it was really loud, Im very happy with the Pro, I just wish the audio was higher..

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by yvyv View Post
    After applying post #6, my phone I lost all the sound after a soft reset people could not hear me in the other side, a soft reset did not solve the problem so I end up doing a hard reset and had to restore everything wish suck,..be very careful....I have not try the above cabs, audio lighter booster or Audio booster... Maybe I will sometime...I still would like a notch pump in all my audio I came from the Q9C and it was really loud, Im very happy with the Pro, I just wish the audio was higher..

Thank you.
    I experienced the same issue. Recopying the origional file solved the issue though without the need for a hard reset. Will play in the file later and see if there is a setting that went wrong.
    Has anybody around here use a software call SRS WOW HD to improve sound, I had it installed in my Q9C and it work like charm ? Improving the sounds in the TrePro will make the devise perfect for me...
    Ok comfirm by Me SRS WOW HD1.21 does work and you get very decent audio results with KINOMA player..you will find the settings in the Start/Setting/System...
    Just enable stereo speakers/slide bars to preferences....BINGO/BANGO..
    file pick up over at xda.

Enjoy..
    Last edited by yvyv; 04/04/2009 at 12:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by yvyv View Post
    Ok comfirm by Me SRS WOW HD1.21 does work and you get very decent audio results with KINOMA player..you will find the settings in the Start/Setting/System...
    Just enable stereo speakers/slide bars to preferences....BINGO/BANGO..
    file pick up over at xda.

Enjoy..
    Wow. Pun intended

This gives me some more audio options to play with. The SRS WOW settings in combination with Pocket Music's bass boost can actually overpower my S9's. Very cool.

Edit: Holy crap, I'm gonna blow out my eardrums. lol. Sounds awesome.
    Last edited by hannip; 04/05/2009 at 05:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Great!

I'll zip it up and post it.

Thanks again

Here it is.
    (need to unzip, and then follow instructions by cortez.i above.)

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk!
    I suggest you start low and increase slowly.
    I'm a new smart phone user. How do I install the AudioPara3 file??
    I downloaded the AudoPara3 file but I noticed that it does not include settings for the Jabra BT530. Is it possible to edit the CSV file to include this headset? Can I just rename one of the other configs?

BTW/ This is a great BT headset and I highly recommend it for anyone looking.
    For anyone thinking this is an issue because of cheap headphones, I use Bose TriPort in-ear headphones at the gym and I loved them with my 700w, but can barely hear the music out of my Treo Pro. I downloaded all these audio adjustment cabs and will try them out next week. Hopefully one of them will work so I won't have to downgrade my headphones.
    Hi Folks,

New to the discussion and to the Pro... Coming from years of Palm O/S most recently a Treo 650. Like many of you, i am finding the Pro's system volume is way weaker than my 650 in kinoma, wmp, or my v 5 pocket tunes. I read the post on the Wowhd program and decided to give it a try..., downloaded and extracted 4 files. can't figure out how to install em. do i drag em somewhere? do i double click on one of them? which one?

While i'm here, let me mention, i have downloaded several other apps which all say "will be downloaded to device next sync" but i sync sucessfully, and no sign of new files or apps. Clearly i just don't get it. will anyone out there take pity on a neophyte and walk me through the process?

thanks for all help.

jh
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast