1.    #1  
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have tried it all but cant get the outlook email account to go away, treo pro wm 6.1, i hold the stylus on it and delete comes up but is grayed out, i delete the entire activesync fold in the registry hklm-software-microsoft-inbox-svc, that does the trick but disables sound and vibrate notifications for sms and my aol email account, if i just delete the outlook name the email account of activesync shows up, crazy, any suggestions please let me know. thanks
    I don't believe this can be done w/o cooking the ROM. Outlook is part of the core WM app.
    You may be able to get rid of outlook this way (this worked in WM 6.0, not sure about 6.1): Go into Activesync and delete any exchange server connections you have. After that, outlook should be gone from messaging.
    What exactly are you trying to delete (the Outlook email on WM)? I tought that was the whole purpose of having a WM device so you could enjoy its advanced MS exchange push email capabilities otherwise it would just defeat that purpose wouldn't?
  5.    #5  
    i use aol for both desktop and phone, i can do push on both when i want, just a issue on treo pro when i hit the messaging button i have to go thru outlook, no big deal but i would like to just hit it and go to sms or aol not go to the outlook screen. i tried to set up outlook as my aol email account but that didnt work, it is interesting that in the reg edit i accomplished what i wanted but activesync actually has something to do with sms and email notifications, no sound or vibrate nada, very interesting and i would love a little help. thank you so much for helping
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bfosterls7 View Post
    when i hit the messaging button i have to go thru outlook, no big deal but i would like to just hit it and go to sms or aol not go to the outlook screen.
    That's how I have it set up.

If you go to Menu, Tools, Options, on the accounts tab you have a tickbox 'Display account picker when opening Messaging'. If you untick that, it will take you straight to the service you used last time (eg SMS or email).
    i use aol for both desktop and phone, i can do push on both when i want, just a issue on treo pro when i hit the messaging button i have to go thru outlook, no big deal but i would like to just hit it and go to sms or aol not go to the outlook screen. i tried to set up outlook as my aol email account but that didnt work, it is interesting that in the reg edit i accomplished what i wanted but activesync actually has something to do with sms and email notifications, no sound or vibrate nada, very interesting and i would love a little help. thank you so much for helping

I think outlook can't be deleted manually, unless some registry hack out there can remove it. I use pocket outlook for my personal email since I subscribe to a exchange server (mail2web) ad get all my emails pushed to my pocket outlook account.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    There is a way to do it, but not from the email program. (I don't have my Treo with me at the moment, but can check later if you're unable to find where this lurks.)
    There is a way to do it, but it's from one of the main settings menus (not from the email program where it's grayed out).

I don't have my Treo with me at the moment, but can check later if you're unable to find where this lurks.
  10.    #10  
    i think your right, have to have some kind of reg edit, i found what to delete and it worked however activesync for some reason has something to do with sms and email sound notifications. i will keep working it and will updated if i have any success. thanks for all you help guys,
    The deletion option for Outlook accounts is in the ActiveSync program.
    Run ActiveSync->Menu->Options for it.

Why Microsoft put in there is completely beyond me.
  12. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I hide it by unchecking the "Display account picker when opening messaging" under Tools>options from any messaging screen. This way the mesaging button opens up to what I left it at, and I can either scroll to other accounts with the navigation key or by pressing the messaging button again.
  13.    #13  
    i want to press the messaging button and toggle between sms and aol, outlook is always an account that shows up when i push te messaging button. also an annoying thing is when i want to send a mew sms i have to go to the sms mms screen, select menu, select new, select sms, and mms is the first selection, adds alot of steps when 750 all i had to do is hit new on softkey. palm is amazing how they take away some simple things
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLar View Post
    The deletion option for Outlook accounts is in the ActiveSync program.
    Run ActiveSync->Menu->Options for it.
    No, that doesn't do what is wanted here. That menu controls which applications on the PC are synched with. If you uncheck Email, then your desktop Outlook email will not be synched during ActiveSync. This has no effect on the appearance of Outlook as an account in the Email program.