1. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    All of a sudden after a soft reset I am getting an error message:

"String to replace must be atleast one character.

Line:
    filedata = Replace (file data, datafile, datafix)"

What does this mean & how can I fix it?

Everything works as before. I did a hard reset & restored with the last known backup but I am still getting the message.

Please help.

Thanks
    I would try a hard reset and DON'T restore right away. If the error does not show up then you know you have an issue with some software you installed at some point.

If no error message after the HR then I would start adding back your apps in order of importance and then as has been suggested by Berd I believe start making Sprite backups after every few app installs until you identify the culprit then you will have a restore point to go back to once you find the problem.

The key here is to make sure the error doesn't come back after a hard reset--if it doesn't the error is almost certainly related to some software you installed or some combination of software you installed. I notice you contribute to quite a few threads so I am guessing you have quite a few apps going and some of the stuff you pickup along the way--especially the freeware stuff can be quite buggy and sometimes they don't play nice with other apps.

Good luck--and if you figure out what the problem is then let us know.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  3. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Thanks Dsol, I did exactly what you said. I hope it does not come back. It came on suddenly, I had not added any programs or changed anything, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I am going overseas for a couple of weeks starting this Friday and I guess I want my TP to be pefect before that so I am probably not taking as much time as I usually do in researching third party applications.

I can't wait to try it out in 900/1800 GSM and HSDPA 2100.