Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Do you have anything to silence the noises the dail pad makes when you dail a phone number? BTW, Keylight is geat, thanks for sharing it.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Nothing free that can control backlight/keylight levels, ringtones, bluetooth states and run any number of user specified apps or custum plugins each on there own schedule.

I'd say Tweakster had the market cornered. It just wasn't packaged nicely for the masses and needed a little marketing. :-)
    Well, for free you can combine CT Scheduler Lite and vijay555 tools to do things like that. Anything you can put in a mortscript will also work.

I could've sworn there were a couple of free schedulers for WM, but I'd have to go back and search. If anything, I think you need more command-line utilities that will let you automate tasks.

( Can you tell, I'm trying really hard to get out of this one )

Anyways, if you want to do anything with Tweakster, or a Tweakster-like program, you have my blessing, lol. Just FYI, a couple of people have contacted me about using parts of Tweakster or enhancing it (I think they were xda guys), but I seriously doubt that anything ever came of it.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I've been busy with grad work... What did you have in mind?
    Hey Grant, sorry didn't mean to put you on the spot...

If you want to get your hands dirty and feel like working on something, you could try:

- rip HTC taskmanager from Treo Pro
    - SMS today screen notification issue

This involves more hacking than programming, ie porting Treo Pro components to the 800w by comparing dumps from an 800w and Treo Pro, finding the appropriate programs, dlls, and registry entries to get it working, and then putting a CAB together.

If you wanted to do more programming, less hacking, this might be a good exercise to start with:

- simple fullscreen caller ID notification hack or program

No pressure, if you want to give it a shot, PM me and I'll send you more details.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    - SMS today screen notification issue
    A kludgy solution would be to create a DLL that could be called when an SMS is received (standard WM functionality so far) that updates the two registry state keys that are currently not being updated.

How's that for hacking AND programing?
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    A kludgy solution would be to create a DLL that could be called when an SMS is received (standard WM functionality so far) that updates the two registry state keys that are currently not being updated.

How's that for hacking AND programing?
    Not bad if that actually works... I guess it depends on which is cleaner and easier. If the dependencies start cascading with the Treo Pro binaries, what you're talking about might be much simpler.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by dg12 View Post
    Do you have anything to silence the noises the dail pad makes when you dail a phone number? BTW, Keylight is geat, thanks for sharing it.
    There might be, but do you really want to do that? If you disable the DTMF tones, I don't think your phone will work with automated phone systems.

If you simply want the option to temporarily silence it, you can use the switch on the top of the phone.
    If you disable the DTMF tones, I don't think your phone will work with automated phone systems.
    RealVGA doesn't have DTMF (currently) enabled, and I can use automated systems just fine.
  8.    #68  
    Hmmm, wasn't aware of that. It doesn't make sense, but I guess it's possible the tone is sent directly out the line without the speakerphone.

So you're saying if he installs RealVGA, he won't get any more noises from his dialpad? There ya go....
  9.    #69  
    Ahhhh, you're right Ebag. It looks like the audible tones you hear are just for feedback.
    Ahhhh, you're right Ebag. It looks like the audible tones you hear are just for feedback.
    Happens occasionally. More often when my wife isn't around.

- rip HTC taskmanager from Treo Pro
    I've already tried porting it. The light version works. The full version and shell integration doesn't. The control panel doesn't work.

I've also tried the previously ripped version that's been floating around, no joy there either. (Not even the light version works.)

I'm 99.9% sure I got all the reg keys and files. Not sure why it's not launching. Could be an interdependency on on of the other DLL's the 800w has (like a core DLL). I wish there was an easy way to see what .DLL's an EXE or other DLL's reference....
  11.    #71  
    Happens occasionally. More often when my wife isn't around.

I've already tried porting it. The light version works. The full version and shell integration doesn't. The control panel doesn't work.

I've also tried the previously ripped version that's been floating around, no joy there either. (Not even the light version works.)

I'm 99.9% sure I got all the reg keys and files. Not sure why it's not launching. Could be an interdependency on on of the other DLL's the 800w has (like a core DLL). I wish there was an easy way to see what .DLL's an EXE or other DLL's reference....
    Lol, well there's being correct and there's being right, and you know who's always right.

I remember using a tool that would show the dll dependency tree, but can't remember what it was.

Regarding the dialpad, when you say RealVGA doesn't have DTMF enabled, did you do something explicity to disable it or was it a side-effect of switching out the dlls?
    Regarding the dialpad, when you say RealVGA doesn't have DTMF enabled, did you do something explicity to disable it or was it a side-effect of switching out the dlls?
    Side effect. I never put in the appropriate reg keys for the DTMF sounds.
    There might be, but do you really want to do that? If you disable the DTMF tones, I don't think your phone will work with automated phone systems.

If you simply want the option to temporarily silence it, you can use the switch on the top of the phone.

WM 5.0 phones have an option on the Dialpad pulldown menu (in Phone Settings) for this, in addition to the Long tones and Short tones that we have on the Treo 800p. Not sure that it disables the tones, maybe just lowers the volume all the way down.
    Last edited by dg12; 11/25/2008 at 04:37 PM. Reason: poor spelling
    I remember using a tool that would show the dll dependency tree, but can't remember what it was.
    eVC++ and Visual Studio have a tool called dumpbin. Use the /IMPORTS option to see the dependencies. I've also used sktools to see what dll's are loaded by an exe.
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    eVC++ and Visual Studio have a tool called dumpbin. Use the /IMPORTS option to see the dependencies. I've also used sktools to see what dll's are loaded by an exe.
    Yeah, dumpbin and I are old friends...

You can also use "dumpbin /DEPENDENTS" to get just the dependencies. But dumpbin doesn't do it recursively and I don't think the app I was using was part of the VS/WM SDK set, I may have been using Dependency Walker.
    Side effect. I never put in the appropriate reg keys for the DTMF sounds.
    Tried RealVGA. No luck, still can hear the tones when I dial. Thanks, though.
    Tried RealVGA. No luck, still can hear the tones when I dial. Thanks, though.
    You either did not install RealVGA properly, or didn't switch to 96 DPI mode.

If it's installed properly and you are in 96 DPI mode, then DTMF does not work.
    You either did not install RealVGA properly, or didn't switch to 96 DPI mode.

If it's installed properly and you are in 96 DPI mode, then DTMF does not work.

Tried again, installed RealVGA and both the 128 and 96 DPI cabs. Tried both settings each with and without disable phone skin box checked. All had same result as before - tones when you dial. Prehaps you have something else on your Treo that combined with the RealVGA causes the silence. Thanks anyhow.
    Tried again, installed RealVGA and both the 128 and 96 DPI cabs. Tried both settings each with and without disable phone skin box checked. All had same result as before - tones when you dial. Prehaps you have something else on your Treo that combined with the RealVGA causes the silence. Thanks anyhow.
    You DO NOT install the 128 or 96 DPI cabs with my version of RealVGA.

My version has everything built into it.

Make sure you follow the instructions in the RealVGA post:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=170002
    Ah, I used the one on XPDA developers. Will give your's a try tomorrow morning. Thanks.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast