Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post

You could use RealVGA, get ore space, and reclaim the existing used space.

Just saying.
    I know, I know. I'll get around to trying it one of these days. Once I do, I'll likely kick myself for waiting so long.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    So.... how badly do people want this?
    I have gotten used to having Cdate but it would be great to have the hidelogo working again.

At this point, TreoLED, Keylight and Billboard have been updated for the 800w. What's next...
    Well I continue to harass Ebag, Hannip, and yourself about the MS SMS application / today screen issue. Feel free to ask Cody about how OCD I can be about requests (sorry guys I know I am annoying - my poor wife).
  3.    #43  
    Good example of why DPI != resolution.
    Well technically speaking, DPI != DPI either, but let's not go there.
    Well technically speaking, DPI != DPI either, but let's not go there.
    Which definition of DPI? Print (physical book print), graphics editor (take your choice of 3 or more different definitions), LCD (again, take your pick depending on how badly the sales folks stretch the definition of DPI to make their screen sound better), Windows method of handling it, WM's method of handling it, or one of the other dozens of ways of defining it?

And we wonder why people get confused on DPI.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    I have gotten used to having Cdate but it would be great to have the hidelogo working again.

Well I continue to harass Ebag, Hannip, and yourself about the MS SMS application / today screen issue. Feel free to ask Cody about how OCD I can be about requests (sorry guys I know I am annoying - my poor wife).
    No problem RichTJ, of course you can harass us all you want, but since none of us actually get paid for our work, you really are at the mercy of our whims

I'm sure someone will take a look at it soon...
    Zbop, What other projects do you have in mind?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    Zbop, What other projects do you have in mind?
    Well just off the top of my head, here are some that have been mentioned:

- hidelogo replacement
    - enhance TreoLED to preserve blink rates
    - find fix for backlight/power timeouts when on battery
    - fix today plugins not sizing properly in RealVGA 96DPI
    - rip HTC taskmanager from Treo Pro
    - SMS today screen notification issue
    - enhance keylight to include basic scheduler, add 3-way toggle so screen can be turned off
    - Kinoma launcher (start up Kinoma when youtube links are accessed)
    - work on getting 800w XIP extracted
    - simple caller ID notification hack or program

And there are a few, more involved, projects that I'm not going to mention.

Right now, I don't know what, if anything, Ebag and Hannip are working on so I'd have to coordinate. We'll see how it goes...

Where's gksmithlcw, wasn't he looking for a project?
    Right now, I don't know what, if anything, Ebag and Hannip are working on so I'd have to coordinate. We'll see how it goes...
    I'm at the busiest time of the year for me, so I'm spending almost zero time working on anything. Just let me know what you want to pick up, and I'll be more than happy to let you run with it.
    No problem RichTJ, of course you can harass us all you want, but since none of us actually get paid for our work, you really are at the mercy of our whims

I'm sure someone will take a look at it soon...
    Lol, I will double what i am paying you! I know you mentioned in other threads that you dont want donations but... you could pick a charity.
    - enhance keylight to include basic scheduler, add 3-way toggle so screen can be turned off
    Instead of building a scheduler into keylight why not make a Tweakster like general profile program. I really really liked Tweakster. I guess I could always bring it back to life.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I really really liked Tweakster. I guess I could always bring it back to life.
    Deadlines! I need deadlines!

(I loved Tweakster. )

(I loved Tweakster. )

If zbop doesn't pick it back up I was thinking of working on it while I'm on vacation in December.

Oh yeah, zbop, it would be cool if you made the keylight app a backlight/keylight control utility. It would be nice if you could control backlight and keylight levels. That way it could be used in other programs such as a profile utility.
  13.    #53  
    Instead of building a scheduler into keylight why not make a Tweakster like general profile program. I really really liked Tweakster. I guess I could always bring it back to life.
    Ok, so now who's the one that sounds like they're volunteering, heheh.
  14.    #54  

(I loved Tweakster. )
    Oh gaaawwd, please drive a stake through the heart of that thing! You guys are giving me MortScript 4.0 alpha9 flashbacks...
    Oh gaaawwd, please drive a stake through the heart of that thing! You guys are giving me MortScript 4.0 alpha9 flashbacks...
    Sure, just give us a better solution. Didn't you say you wanted to rewrite it in another language?
    hehe :-)
  16.    #56  
    Sure, just give us a better solution. Didn't you say you wanted to rewrite it in another language?
    hehe :-)
    Yeah, I might have been heavily "medicated" that night...

Aren't there a number of other profile managers and schedulers that handle the same thing? What would be different about Tweakster from the other apps available?

I ask this because my basic rule of thumb (these days), is to not duplicate what someone else has already done.
    Aren't there a number of other profile managers and schedulers that handle the same thing? What would be different about Tweakster from the other apps available?
    Nothing free that can control backlight/keylight levels, ringtones, bluetooth states and run any number of user specified apps or custum plugins each on there own schedule.

I'd say Tweakster had the market cornered. It just wasn't packaged nicely for the masses and needed a little marketing. :-)
    Last edited by hannip; 11/25/2008 at 05:00 AM.
    I used Tweekster on my 700WX to schedule the keylights and repeating alerts. I do not like PhoneAlarm as it is to complex and buggy for my needs and Tweekster did the job reliability and with simplicity. I still have it on my storage card but I have not tried it on my 800w.
    YES PLEASE
    Well just off the top of my head, here are some that have been mentioned:

- hidelogo replacement
    - enhance TreoLED to preserve blink rates
    - find fix for backlight/power timeouts when on battery
    - fix today plugins not sizing properly in RealVGA 96DPI
    - rip HTC taskmanager from Treo Pro
    - SMS today screen notification issue
    - work on getting 800w XIP extracted
    - simple caller ID notification hack or program

And there are a few, more involved, projects that I'm not going to mention.

Where's gksmithlcw, wasn't he looking for a project?
    I've been busy with grad work... What did you have in mind?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast