Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    yes yes yes
  2.    #22  
    Update: I spent yesterday testing the keylight program and didn't run into any problems; I'll upload it in a few minutes (in a new thread).
    Zbop, any chance you could figure out how to make the headset volume higher? I can barely hear them, especially when I am walking on the ocean. Forget about listening on a plane, way to low. I have tried several suggestions and none of them seem to work.

By the way, my 800w has been very stable, I have installed a number of the programs suggested here and done many of the Reg changes. Ebag, Hannip and others have made my disappointing 800 a lot better. If I can just get the headset volume problem solved I will be like a pig in Sh_t.

Thanks in advance I hope. Serving beers on my deck overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in Florida to anyone who fixes this.

Wolfie

Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Update: I spent yesterday testing the keylight program and didn't run into any problems; I'll upload it in a few minutes (in a new thread).
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    Ebag, Hannip and others have made my disappointing 800 a lot better.
    Lies! Filthy lies! We have done nothing!

hidelogo is on the top of my wish list.
  6.    #26  
    Zbop, any chance you could figure out how to make the headset volume higher? I can barely hear them, especially when I am walking on the ocean. Forget about listening on a plane, way to low. I have tried several suggestions and none of them seem to work.

By the way, my 800w has been very stable, I have installed a number of the programs suggested here and done many of the Reg changes. Ebag, Hannip and others have made my disappointing 800 a lot better. If I can just get the headset volume problem solved I will be like a pig in Sh_t.

Thanks in advance I hope. Serving beers on my deck overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in Florida to anyone who fixes this.

Wolfie
    And you tried the attenuation hacks already? I haven't tried them myself, but yeah I've noticed that the earpiece, speakerphone and headset seem lower in volume than my 700wx. Too bad there is no 3.5mm adapter, you could solve this with a boostaroo.

http://www.boostaroo.com/

No promises, but I may take a look into it later, one thing at a time...
    Thanks, but now I have visions:

• Palm microUSB y adapter plugged into the 800w
    • Charger plugged into one side
    • microUSB to 2.5mm plugged into the other side
    • 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter plugged into the 2.5mm microUSB adapter
    • Boostaroo plugged into the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapt
    • Shure headset plugged in the Boostaroo

That would then extend my Shure headsets to a length of about 20 ft. and the whole dang thing would be a tangle mess and weigh about 10 pounds

Wolfie
    And you tried the attenuation hacks already? I haven't tried them myself, but yeah I've noticed that the earpiece, speakerphone and headset seem lower in volume than my 700wx. Too bad there is no 3.5mm adapter, you could solve this with a boostaroo.

http://www.boostaroo.com/

No promises, but I may take a look into it later, one thing at a time...

That would then extend my Shure headsets to a length of about 20 ft. and the whole dang thing would be a tangle mess and weigh about 10 pounds

Wolfie
    Anyone with those types of thoughts should read this thread in full http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=171021

Wolfie
    Ummm I tried this and to summarize the result, you will still get mono and it sound really bad. Not worth the effort or money.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    #1 on my list is a FlashVideoBundle that sends Youtube links to Kinoma instead of TCPMP, or one that is configurable as to what media player to send it to

oh yeah, WELCOME BACK. wholeheartedly looking forward to what is to come
    Last edited by NAOrion; 11/12/2008 at 08:47 AM.
  12.    #32  
    I posted an update to the Billboard today plugin to support the Treo 800w and Treo Pro (320x320).

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=18

For those that don't know, Billboard is a simple today plugin that allows you to display custom information, bitmaps and menus on your today screen. It was implemented specifically to interface with Mortscript-based programs.

Unless you plan on writing your own scripts, this update means nothing to you directly, but if you use popular programs like Treo Alert, Pocket SportsCenter, Pocket StockCenter, PeraStats etc, the authors *may* be posting an update soon with better support for the Treo 800w/Treo Pro

I may tackle the color LED support next. Or I could go for the reward Wolfie posted for fixing the headset volume, lol.
    Or I could go for the reward Wolfie posted for fixing the headset volume, lol.
    I doubt you guys are going to get another shot at sitting near a former Miss USA again any time soon. So consider your options carefully .
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    wow those are nice today screens!! I haven't really had time to work with mortscript, btw i am a newbie and probably can't figure it out very quickly, but what is that power off button next to the reboot button at the bottom right had corner?

Hey Darnell,

U live close to me, I may have to meet up with ya and maybe u can teach me a few things! lol.....
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    LMAO LMAO, that is funny!!!!!!! Looks like the wire mess I have in my truck lol.....
    Quote Originally Posted by t800w View Post
    Hey Darnell,

U live close to me, I may have to meet up with ya and maybe u can teach me a few things! lol.....
    Yea, I can teach you how to make beachboy's design for your own use, with one less wire .
  17.    #37  
    At this point, TreoLED, Keylight and Billboard have been updated for the 800w. What's next...

Well I started looking into hidelogo over the weekend, spent some time analyzing the dll to see what was going on... Since some have mentioned that hidelogo works with RealVGA, I was optimistic that this *might* be a simple fix ( I always start out optimistic ).

Anyways, I did find a couple of places in the code where it checks for a window size match (i.e. 20 pixels) which would work on 240x240 AND in 320x320 in 96DPI, but not in 320x320 128 DPI, so I patched the dll in a number of places where I found these assumptions and although it behaved differently, it still wasn't working right.

Which leads me to believe it is more than a problem of just resolution, and it may be working with RealVGA simply because Ebag switches the diallookupplugin dll to the 700wx versions in 96DPI mode (which is different code altogether). This means it will require a complete rewrite. I'm sure it isn't that much code, but I'm also sure it's pretty tricky too. I have a rough idea how to implement it, but given that the transitions between the lookup field popping up have to be handled, I suspect it will be a bear to get it to work correctly.

So.... how badly do people want this?
    On a scale of 1 to 10 Hidelogo is a solid 8 on my want list.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I'd say 8, too. It would be really nice to reclaim the space, but I've gotten used to having it on my screen.

Let me also add that I really appreciate the other projects you've done or helped with which have all been even more important on my list!
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Anyways, I did find a couple of places in the code where it checks for a window size match (i.e. 20 pixels) which would work on 240x240 AND in 320x320 in 96DPI, but not in 320x320 128 DPI
    Good example of why DPI != resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    It would be really nice to reclaim the space
    You could use RealVGA, get ore space, and reclaim the existing used space.

Just saying.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast