1.    #1  
    I'm looking for an expense program for the 800W that will keep track of typical daily expenses I enter such as mileage, parking and other usual items.

I haven't found much from searching that's compatible with the 800W and discussed. Any suggestions and/or experiences?

I found this one called Star Expense Manager. Anyone try it?
    http://software.wmexperts.com/produc...ktop-Companion
    Check into SPB Finance.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Search this forum, the question has come up more than once.

Or just search WMExperts.com and you'll see several reviews on different options.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Search this forum, the question has come up more than once.

Or just search WMExperts.com and you'll see several reviews on different options.
    I posted here because I've already searched these Forums and found nothing informative.

WMExperts shows a few expense programs, but none have reviews.

Hence my post here looking for help.
    I use splash money. The main reason that i like it is because you can download you bank transactions with out hooking it up to your pc.
    I second the suggestion for Splash Money. I've been using it for years and it just works.
    Last edited by cristobal; 11/27/2008 at 05:17 AM.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cristobal View Post
    I second the suggestion for Splash Money. I've been using it for years and just works.
    +1
    There is one minor problem with most of these applications - entries made on the desktop often cannot be edited on the device, or something like that.
    How about using a general purpose database program? Or even ListPro just for a personal expense list?
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    There is one minor problem with most of these applications - entries made on the desktop often cannot be edited on the device, or something like that.
    With Splashmoney, you can.
    I'm a big fan of Pocket Quicken 2.5

It can sync with the desktop quicken application which is pretty robust and has been around for ages.

When you enter a transaction, I find it faster to do so with pocket quicken because it can autofill form fields and it automatically puts the phone into number-mode when typing the amount.

This isn't a comprehensive review, but I think you should give each a shot and figure out which one works best for you.
    Exactly what I have done for 4 years - a HanDBase applet that handles the pocket (cash), debit, credit and check book. I have not written a check register entry in 4 years and balancing it is a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    How about using a general purpose database program? Or even ListPro just for a personal expense list?
    I am a long time user for Splashmoney on Palm device and have been quite happy with the product, but WM version is a big disappointment.
    The drop down menu doesn't work properly and formatting keeps changing after exiting the account. It's definately a half-baked product. Their website shows the latest version as 4.1 but it shows up as 4.0 in the program.