1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,

I would like to say that I have had Sprint service and Tmobile for the last few years. I was faithfully using a Blackberry Curve on Tmobile and a Sanyo M1 on Sprint. Although I have a SERO plan for Sprint, I never used the internet at all. I have been carrying 2 phones around and only have a need for (1) now so I decided to try out Sprint internet service.

Recently I bought a Treo 800. My first opinions was that it was strange dealing with the windows software. I bought the SPB Mobile Shell program and this made the treo 100% better. I really like the Treo800 now and even though its not as user friendly as the Blackberry curve, the benefits outweigh it a ton for me.

The only con I really have for the Treo800 is that the battery life is not the best and it takes forever for my phone to reach 100% charge on the home charger. I did install the battery update but this does not seem to help that much, it stays at 95% for a while. I used the internet tweaks here and it made the web browsing much faster.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the treo800 WITH THE SPB Mobile Shell software and I can see I will be keeping this phone for a while since I had my Curve since its release.

---------------
    Stockmover
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockmover View Post
    Hello everyone,

I would like to say that I have had Sprint service and Tmobile for the last few years. I was faithfully using a Blackberry Curve on Tmobile and a Sanyo M1 on Sprint. Although I have a SERO plan for Sprint, I never used the internet at all. I have been carrying 2 phones around and only have a need for (1) now so I decided to try out Sprint internet service.

Recently I bought a Treo 800. My first opinions was that it was strange dealing with the windows software. I bought the SPB Mobile Shell program and this made the treo 100% better. I really like the Treo800 now and even though its not as user friendly as the Blackberry curve, the benefits outweigh it a ton for me.

The only con I really have for the Treo800 is that the battery life is not the best and it takes forever for my phone to reach 100% charge on the home charger. I did install the battery update but this does not seem to help that much, it stays at 95% for a while. I used the internet tweaks here and it made the web browsing much faster.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the treo800 WITH THE SPB Mobile Shell software and I can see I will be keeping this phone for a while since I had my Curve since its release.

---------------
    Stockmover
    hi Stockmover, welcome to the Treo 800w. The battery life is a known issue, even to Sprint. You can just go to one of their corp stores and ask them for centro batteries, if they have some (I asked and they gave me 2). The Centro and this Treo use the same battery.

I rarely if ever charge the phone itself, I bought the Palm battery charger (which comes w/addtnl battery) and use that to charge the batteries.

BigMots
    If you look at my sig you will notice I had a Curve in between 800's. I just find WinMo more entertaining. If BB releases a Rev. A touchscreen device on Sprint I may jump on it.

We all know about battery life. Most of us have done the battery hacks. always End Tasks (hold the OK button down then End all tasks) so no programs are running in the back round and top off the battery when in the car or at home. My battery is always full most of the time. You can look into Seidio's extended battery's as well (1350 and 2600mAH).

Don't worry about the battery not reaching 100%. It happens to most of us. If you do a soft reset after you unhook from the charger it may show 100%.

Couple of things. Since its Windows you need to perform maintenance often. Look into Memmaid or SKTools utility to clean out cache, temp. files, etc. SKTools also has a back up program, cleaning tool (same as Memmaid), system tweaks, Uninstall Program, Registry Editor (for hacking) and more so it does several important items. Its worth the $14.95.

Welcome aboard!
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Vibrant RedGT,

I downloaded SKtools this morning. I am not a fan of extended batteries due to the size but I did get my car charger in the mail so I should be decent for a while with that. I will have to find out the tricks and tips with SKtools in detail. I added some pictures today and still getting used to al of the customization I can do with this phone. Be sure to let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Stockmover

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    If you look at my sig you will notice I had a Curve in between 800's. I just find WinMo more entertaining. If BB releases a Rev. A touchscreen device on Sprint I may jump on it.

We all know about battery life. Most of us have done the battery hacks. always End Tasks (hold the OK button down then End all tasks) so no programs are running in the back round and top off the battery when in the car or at home. My battery is always full most of the time. You can look into Seidio's extended battery's as well (1350 and 2600mAH).

Don't worry about the battery not reaching 100%. It happens to most of us. If you do a soft reset after you unhook from the charger it may show 100%.

Couple of things. Since its Windows you need to perform maintenance often. Look into Memmaid or SKTools utility to clean out cache, temp. files, etc. SKTools also has a back up program, cleaning tool (same as Memmaid), system tweaks, Uninstall Program, Registry Editor (for hacking) and more so it does several important items. Its worth the $14.95.

Welcome aboard!