1.    #1  
    I installed the version 1.22 on my Verizon Treo 700w. Now I have zero sound. I cannot send or receive calls because I can neither hear the person talking, and the person listening on the other end cannot hear anything that I am saying. The speakers are dead and the microphone is dead. Interesting thing is that this happened exactly after I installed the update.

Has anyone heard of this or know what might be the problem? I have performed numerous soft and hard resets on my device and no luck...possibly I should install the older firmware back on?

But where would I get an old version of the firmware?
    Why'd you go and create a new thread?

I answered your questions in the other one:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=172579
    If you don't want to try the SD flash method (though, at this point, what do you have to lose?), you could start a thread over on the Palm forums. The guy that helped me was 3rd tier tech support.
    Last edited by The_Dude; 11/08/2008 at 11:50 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, I'm considering the flash method, although I am unsure because my phone is a Verizon phone, not a Sprint phone. The flash thread tells me to download a Spring SD updater to perform the flash, but I don't know if that will work on my Verizon phone...
  5.    #5  
    Also, it's very interesting, but my sound now works. I let my phone sit for about 2 days, and then was curious and decided test it again and the sound works now. Although I would still like to attempt a flash because even though my sound works, there are those rare times when it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewl456 View Post
    Yeah, I'm considering the flash method, although I am unsure because my phone is a Verizon phone, not a Sprint phone. The flash thread tells me to download a Spring SD updater to perform the flash, but I don't know if that will work on my Verizon phone...
    You can use the Verizon SD card updater if that makes you feel any better.

But if you follow the instructions (deleting the firmware.bin for the Sprint version), there's no harm in using either one.

Quote Originally Posted by drewl456 View Post
    Also, it's very interesting, but my sound now works. I let my phone sit for about 2 days, and then was curious and decided test it again and the sound works now. Although I would still like to attempt a flash because even though my sound works, there are those rare times when it doesn't.
    If you're losing sound randomly it's highly unlikely it's the ROM.

Either a bad connection (defective phone) or some 3rd party software is causing problems. Neither will be fixed with a new ROM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    If you're losing sound randomly it's highly unlikely it's the ROM.

Either a bad connection (defective phone) or some 3rd party software is causing problems. Neither will be fixed with a new ROM.
    Well, the only reason it makes me feel like it's the ROM is because the second after I unplugged my phone from my computer after the Verizon 1.22 update was complete, it began to randomly lose sound, and at points, it lost sound for days on end. That's why I thought it had to do with the ROM or version of software (1.22), which is why I was trying to find a way to roll back to an older version of firmware. Thoughts?
  8.    #8  
    Well, I've installed Ebag's full custom rom and the flash worked fine, but my phone still randomly loses sound...therefore my phone is simply just falling apart...Just an odd way to start breaking on me.
    It could be a poor connection. If a wire is loose, it could be breaking the connection at random intervals.

You could try getting it exchanged by your carrier. They may or may not go for it.
    Palm will send you a refurb for $195.
    In researching the microphone problem I'm having with my refurbished unit, I came across this. It may solve your problem.
    http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...=113582#M31143