1.    #1  
    I'm trying out this software for the first time. Love the new "Now Screen" (today type screen) but just wondering what other people do to make it better.

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/prod...obileshell/?en

I miss the soft key for IE on the today screen. Now it's 2 clicks instead of one to open IE.

the reminders don't seem to pop on top of the Now Screen. They seem to stay underneath in the old today screen.

Is there a way to get rid of the today screen all together. just seems redundant at this point.

Anyway if you have any tips you'd like to sure I'd definitely like to hear them.

TIA!
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVE4SPD View Post
    ...Is there a way to get rid of the today screen all together. just seems redundant at this point...

TIA!
    Try SPB Watcher...

Works great for me I have NO today screen anymore

-D
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3.    #3  
    Cool I'll give it a shot. Any one else got tips?
    I am also using the app and am not able to customize anything but the clock!

No matter what I change in the menus the screens all stay the same.....
    anyone no why this is or if I am not doing something right?

I do not see where I am missing anything?
    Try this...it is awesome. Lets you change background, colors, icon shapes, clock appearance, etc. There is a 320x320 version. Seems as though you can buy additional themes if you want, but there are about 20 included in the package for free. Once you figure out the setup, it is a breeze to customize the look in many ways.

http://www.imarche.net/omnia/index.php
    Sorry to break this into two posts.

The package includes a readme.txt that contains install directions. Very straightforward, worked for me the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxpinballxx View Post
    I am also using the app and am not able to customize anything but the clock!

No matter what I change in the menus the screens all stay the same.....
    anyone no why this is or if I am not doing something right?

I do not see where I am missing anything?
    This is a little late. Wasn't paying attention, since I no longer use it.

1) Besides the clock, you can switch colors. Stock, that's about it.

2) There are replacement themes -- check out the themes section at ppcgeeks.com, particularly the square screen themes thread.

3) The themes are for Mobile Shell's 2.1 series, but 2.12 doesn't support them. So, you'll need to find 2.1 or 2.11 -- same license code works with the whole series.

4) You'll need to install RealVGA & its 96dpi respack, set it to 96dpi & make sure that "disable phone skin" is NOT checked. Otherwise the themes display too large for the screen.

HTH

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by richsnuc View Post
    Try this...it is awesome. Lets you change background, colors, icon shapes, clock appearance, etc. There is a 320x320 version. Seems as though you can buy additional themes if you want, but there are about 20 included in the package for free. Once you figure out the setup, it is a breeze to customize the look in many ways.

http://www.imarche.net/omnia/index.php
    The site seems to indicate these will work with 2.12. Is that correct?
    Yep, I'm using SPB Mobile Shell 2.1.2 and the skin changer works great.