Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Okay I installed & then uninstalled Real VGA. Now when I hit my "green Button" the last calls list is also bringing up the keypad and the color scheme is differenmt.

What happened there? Any ideas?

Thanks
  2. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    The phone screen was also not locking even though I had the option checked.

So, I did a hard reset and the Sprite restore and everything is well.

I should quit playing with it but ofcourse that would no fun.
    Some have had similar problems after un-installing RealVGA and the hard reset is the only solution that has been discovered.
    This makes me want to leave this program alone despite the praise.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    This makes me want to leave this program alone despite the praise.
    You should *NOT* uninstall RealVGA.

It will not hurt you to leave it on there. All RealVGA does is install some additional DLL's (*.96.dll), and doesn't replace anything.

When you want to go back to stock, simply switch to 128 DPI and delete the shortcut.
    I never installed it but was looking into it. I don't like anything that messes up the device after an uninstall, that's a bad sign IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Not trying to talk anyone into installing realvga,
    but at the same time I have to chuckle when someone says it messed up their buttons. If it was Realvga that messed your buttons, then it would mess up my buttons also. It would mess up ebag's buttons.
    It's a conflict with some other app that ones also have installed on their Pro.
    But again, not trying to talk anyone into installing realvga.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I never installed it but was looking into it. I don't like anything that messes up the device after an uninstall, that's a bad sign IMO.
    I don't know what version that charlyee installed, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't mine.

Also, if Charlyee didn't switch back to 128 DPI before uninstalling, that'd cause some serious issues.

There's a couple of versions of RealVGA out there, and some of them do weird stuff. You can open up my MortScript and see exactly what mine does.
  9. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I didn't have any problem after installing , although I maynot have checked every function out.

The only problem I had was after uninstalling it & only with the messed up recent call list & the phone dialer screen. I did change it to 128 dpi before uninstalling it.

Please don't misunderstand me, it is a great program just not for me.

PS: It is the version that Bern linked to in the RealVGA thread, sorry I didn't check the number.
    I believe you have to uncheck the "disable the treo dialer" in the setting for that program...
    Hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    PS: It is the version that Bern linked to in the RealVGA thread, sorry I didn't check the number.
    That version will screw with stuff.

I highly recommend my version. It works very well with the 800w, I haven't had any specific feedback about the Pro (yet). And mine, provided you switch back to 128 DPI first, will *NOT* screw with anything as when you switch back it puts everything back the way it should be (again, for the 800w, I'd like to see some Pro testing).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    You should *NOT* uninstall RealVGA.
    Well it won't hurt things if you do uninstall it. The first time I tested RealVGA (the one from XDA) I forgot to return the setting to 128dpi and the Pro was stuck on 96dpi.

The solution was simply in that I reinstalled the RealVGA app and the 96dpi CAB and switched the setting back to 128dpi then I uninstalled it all over again.

I did have some quirks with 96dpi but it was likely attributed to the conflicts with SPB (Start button not working, white background to the redial screen). As a precaution, I did a hard reset.
    I strongly do not recommend the RealVGA version from XDA. It was great when it was released, but uses outdated DLL's and is not designed for the Treo devices at all.
    Is there a link to the one we should be using?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Is there a link to the one we should be using?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=170002

Note that this is designed and built for the 800w. It uses newer .DLL's than the old one (on XDA) does. There may be issues with the Treo Pro (I don't expect there to be..but...). I am willing to try and address any issues that come up from TP users, though it's more difficult to troubleshoot as I don't have one.
    been there, done that.
    It doesn't work on the pro.
    Keep in mind, the 800 has palm customization. the pro is basically htc with a treo form factor.
    I have had zero issues with the one that is posted in the RealVGA thread posted here in the pro forum.

Charlyee,
    did you hard reset before first installing RealVGA, and then start installing your apps?
    It was suggested you install RealVGA first, not on top of other apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    been there, done that.
    It doesn't work on the pro.
    Keep in mind, the 800 has palm customization. the pro is basically htc with a treo form factor.
    I have had zero issues with the one that is posted in the RealVGA thread posted here in the pro forum.
    Which option did you try? Did you try the new option I included to just switch resolution and not change the Palm dialer, today plugins, and such?

What specifically did not work on it, because it does pretty much exactly what the default RealVGA does.
    Okay... tried Ebag's version.

I got an error that stated "improper handle" just before the soft reset screen. I canceled the soft reset and the CAB installed additional programs. When I run the application from the program menu, I get the following error.

"There is no application associated with DPI. Run the application first then open this file from within the application."
    You need to install MortScript.
  20. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    berd, I did not hard reset it. I had no problems installing it and using it.

I did not like the looks of it (sorry) and changed it back to 128 dpi.

I could have left the programs in, but do not like to keep programs that I am not going to use, so I un-installed. It is after that the my phone screen & recent call list got messed up.

IMHO, there is nothing wrong with this version.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast