1.    #1  
    I now know with some degree of certainty it is ActiveSync that is responsible for corrupting the data connection on the 800w. Whenever I try to sync my calendar from my work PC whether it is via USB cable or BlueTooth afterwords I cannot connect to cellular data

I **think this is because I have an exchange account setup for push mail and AS forces me to update this over my laptops internet connection when all I really want is my Calendar items on my PC. I think this is what completely jacks it up because i have a feeling that the phone then looks to go through the laptop to connect to the internet and cannot.

I don't know of any work around. Doing a simple sprite backup restore from this morning fixes the problem. I might try deleting the partnership with my phone, then deleting my exchange push mail account on my phone, then setting the partnership up again, then re-setting up my push mail account on my phone and see if that doesn't work. It definitely feels like having two AS profiles setup is causing a problem here.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I'm almost having the same issue. I'm connecting and syncing to a Mac via Missing Sync. If I leave my 800w connected to my Mac for a while and then disconnect, those 2 horizontal arrows at the top where EVDO arrows are remains there. I cannot retrieve email and I experience problems with Sprint Navigator. I have been on the phone with tech support about 4 hours in the past 10 days, have done maybe 5 hard resets and 3 RTN resets.

The techs have no answer or solution. My only fix is a soft reset. Sometimes that doesn't work. If that doesn't work I usually take the battery out for about 20 seconds and that will do the trick.
  3.    #3  
    When my connection gets scrooged from this the only thing that seems to remedy the "Can't connect for some unkown reason.." error even after EV Data icon appears is restoring from known good backup. Even If i delete all AS accounts it's still hosed. IE won't even work. I tried ##DATA# no dice. Haven't tried RTN yet tho.
    A.S. is a dirty word and a bunch four letter words pop to mind when I try to sync.

I cannot get my device to sync at all with A.S. now. Last week it would recognize the device but would not sync Outlook items. This week it just says error. I deleted Sync Center for Vista an reinstalled and got nothing. My work around is making changes on the device then sync with Exchange. Keeps my contacts, tasks, calendar, etc. up to date.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    I now know with some degree of certainty it is ActiveSync that is responsible for corrupting the data connection on the 800w. Whenever I try to sync my calendar from my work PC whether it is via USB cable or BlueTooth afterwords I cannot connect to cellular data
    Have you tried leaving the "Allow wireless connection on device when connected to desktop" option checked under Connection settings in Activesync on the PC?