Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Is it possible to keep Wifi turned on even when I hit the power button to turn the screen off? Be nice to use Wifi when it's there for stuff like streaming music, email, etc.

Wifi Power settings are set to performance and 'Always On'.

Thanks folks!
    +1... I'm having this challenge as well...as soon as the screen times out, my the WiFi radio turns off/disconnects.
    try this: (from a very reliable source)

download 1) .NET Compact Framework 3.5 Redistributable from microsoft.com
    make sure that phone is connected when installing the file

2) then go to http://wwwtouchxperience.com/en/adva...downloads.html
    install the 3.3 cab file directly to phone
    once installed, open advanced-configuration-tool in porgrams > more settings > connections > activate enable wifi on standby mode
    sorry, the link doesnt work anymore:
    http://wwwtouchxperience.com/en/adva...downloads.html
    Quote Originally Posted by daniela View Post
    sorry, the link doesnt work anymore:
    http://wwwtouchxperience.com/en/adva...downloads.html
    He forgot the dot after "www". But you can go to the main page & navigate from there. Very interesting program. Lots of good tweaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    He forgot the dot after "www". But you can go to the main page & navigate from there. Very interesting program. Lots of good tweaks.
    thanks for noticing...

go to http://www.touchxperience.com/

Advanced Configuration Tool / downloads

choose Advanced Configuration Tool 3.3 CAB install
    (this should be done on the phone OTA)

before installing the cab file , framework 3.5 should be installed first
    Last edited by daniela; 11/13/2008 at 12:00 PM.
    try this: (from a very reliable source)

download 1) .NET Compact Framework 3.5 Redistributable from microsoft.com
    make sure that phone is connected when installing the file

2) then go to http://wwwtouchxperience.com/en/adva...downloads.html
    install the 3.3 cab file directly to phone
    once installed, open advanced-configuration-tool in porgrams > more settings > connections > activate enable wifi on standby mode
    Thank you for the tips. I live my TP with Wifi and Skype, would love to be able to turn off the screen (battery life) and keep the Wifi going.

I have the following issues would like to get your feedback -

• I followed your link to Microsoft - it is a file of 33.3MB, it is a very sizable file for a mobile device.
    • It did not specific state that this would support WM6.1 - I quote "Supported Device Operating Systems: Windows Mobile Software for Pocket PC 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0 for PocketPC and Smartphone, Windows CE .NET 5.0 and higher."

Do you have it installed on your TP?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by publicid View Post
    Thank you for the tips. I live my TP with Wifi and Skype, would love to be able to turn off the screen (battery life) and keep the Wifi going.

I have the following issues would like to get your feedback -

• I followed your link to Microsoft - it is a file of 33.3MB, it is a very sizable file for a mobile device.
    • It did not specific state that this would support WM6.1 - I quote "Supported Device Operating Systems: Windows Mobile Software for Pocket PC 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0 for PocketPC and Smartphone, Windows CE .NET 5.0 and higher."

Do you have it installed on your TP?

Thanks

The file is a desktop installer. The program on your device will be much smaller. And yes, it supports 6.1.
    Thanks very much for this tip!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerBB View Post
    The file is a desktop installer. The program on your device will be much smaller. And yes, it supports 6.1.
    it does
    thanks for noticing...

go to http://www.touchxperience.com/
    Actually, I didn't notice it till I checked my browser's address bar when the address didn't work for me. So, you can't nickname me "eagle eye", yet. ;-)

Anyway, thanks for a heads up on this one. Lots of possible tweaks. And those of us added some of the HTC goodies like TouchFlo 2D might even benefit more.
    Actually in the maze of tweaks, I cou;dn't quite find this one
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Actually in the maze of tweaks, I cou;dn't quite find this one
    For a bit, I was, too. Once you're in, go to menu (bottom right). Select "More Settings", then "Connections". At the bottom is a checkbox to "Enable WiFi on standby". It's not intuitive to find. I suspect they either felt it wouldn't be used much or that, more hidden away, we'd be less likely to accidentally change it from whatever setting we intended.
    Ahh gotcha.Thanks! Now I wish there were an easy way to toggle 'power always on and off"
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Is there a direct registry tweak that accomplishes this?
    Quote Originally Posted by iradeut View Post
    Is there a direct registry tweak that accomplishes this?
    Yep, I think I found it courtesy of xda-developers (I've tried it and it appears to work):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=367

These registry edits keep WiFi enabled in Standby Mode but make sure to turn WiFi off when you don't need it to save as much battery life as possible.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\State\Suspend\{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}
    -change (Default) DWORD Dec to 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\State\Resuming\{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\State\Unattended\{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Just did this...and it seems not to be working.

EDIT:
    Actually I initially goofed up and only did 2 of the 3 registry changes. Now it works, as far as keeping the wifi active, but it won't connect to the internet through wifi. I changed the registry back, and now it does connect to the internet. Hmmm.
    Last edited by iradeut; 11/27/2008 at 08:56 AM.
    There is an intermediate solution too: in the Wifi prefs(Settings|Connections|Wifi Preferences) you can set Wifi to continuously on. When your device is standby, Wifi will be in standby too. But as soon as you wake your device, the wifi connection is restored.
    This might be enough for some, unless you want all your emails to appear asap, in that case go for the registry hack above (or use Schap's Advanced Config, as mentioned)
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    There is an intermediate solution too: in the Wifi prefs(Settings|Connections|Wifi Preferences) you can set Wifi to continuously on. When your device is standby, Wifi will be in standby too. But as soon as you wake your device, the wifi connection is restored.
    This might be enough for some, unless you want all your emails to appear asap, in that case go for the registry hack above (or use Schap's Advanced Config, as mentioned)
    Great tip! This is great for me. I don't want the wifi on when the screen is dim but hate having to manually reconnect every time I wake the device.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Great tip! This is great for me. I don't want the wifi on when the screen is dim but hate having to manually reconnect every time I wake the device.

Thanks
    After a soft-reset you must enable the Wifi again, but that doesn't happen too often
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast