1.    #1  
    I think the Treo Pro's Winmo innards are beginning to show their true colors - meaning Activesync is more like Activestink.
    At work I have an XP machine and at home Vista.
    Today at work, Activestink simply failed. I rebooted the PC and the Treo but nothing's happening. The connection is fine as the charge light is on but the Activestink process will not start. I deleted the partnership but nothing new is being initiated.
    Any ideas?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I don't have a solution to your problem but I can say that I do experience the same issue from time to time on my vista machine. Usually all it takes is for me to unplug and replug it a few times or use a different usb port before it is detected.
    Activesync is fickle. It loves your phone one day, the next day it may forget it existed. It's likely not the Treo.

The new Mobile Device Center on Vista seems a little better.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    My workplace has just told me that I'm going to be migrated to a citrix based platform with no Activesync. Thus I'm having to switch my calendar to Google and sync that OTA with my treo. There's no way of syncing my work calendar with Google without being able to install anything except for manually exporting to ical or CSV and importing.
    I need to start a thread about that.

Anyway I'm going to miss ActiveStink!
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Activesync is fickle. It loves your phone one day, the next day it may forget it existed. It's likely not the Treo.

The new Mobile Device Center on Vista seems a little better.
    I'm afraid that is not so true, as WMDC is ActiveSync in a pretty jacket.

Most problems are caused by firewall applications that don't open the necessary ports. I use ESET SmartSecurity and every now and then I need to disable the firewall to initiate the sync progress. As soon as they're connected I can enable the firewall again, as from that moment on it is considered a trusted connection.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    I was having intermittent sync problems on Vista with WMDC. I removed my free trial of Symantec's Norton suite and replaced it with AVG and lo and behold - no more problems syncing.
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    I'm afraid that is not so true, as WMDC is ActiveSync in a pretty jacket.

Most problems are caused by firewall applications that don't open the necessary ports. I use ESET SmartSecurity and every now and then I need to disable the firewall to initiate the sync progress. As soon as they're connected I can enable the firewall again, as from that moment on it is considered a trusted connection.
    I had spontaneous disconnects on AS, none on WMDC. They may have fixed whatever was causing that.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I was having intermittent sync problems on Vista with WMDC. I removed my free trial of Symantec's Norton suite and replaced it with AVG and lo and behold - no more problems syncing.
    Norton allowed my connections to go through. I'm using 2008 IS.

Zone Alarm was the one that made me authorize every single action. That was good, but also a bit annoying at times.

I've posted a list of ports that you need to configure in your firewall for ActiveSync to work properly. This might help a lot of you that are having trouble!

Required Tcp ports for ActiveSync & Wmdc
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Thanks! If I go back to Zone Alarm, I've bookmarked the page. It's staying up for a while?