1.    #1  
    I've searched but haven't found anything. Looking for a simple 5 day forecast app than I can run on the bottom of my today screen. Anything out there?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    weatherpanel
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    The site says the trial is 15 days, but it's really not free. I haven't seen any totally free weather programs. But I'll look since I'm going to be looking for software myself tonight.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    The developer is MIA, the program works past the "15day" trial, and other have continued to work with it. do a search (especially in the 800w thread) for some improvements and some great themes & icons. it is free.

Edit: check out this thread-

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=weather
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    You can't do better than Weather Panel for freeware. It is the most versitile program and you can customize it to your preference. Just search on Weather Panel for 700WX or 800W tons of info!!! Literally several hundred post between the two threads. Just download the trail. You will get addicted to this program It's like a drug.
    weatherBug
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
  7. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    You can't do better than Weather Panel for freeware. It is the most versitile program and you can customize it to your preference. Just search on Weather Panel for 700WX or 800W tons of info!!! Literally several hundred post between the two threads. Just download the trail. You will get addicted to this program It's like a drug.
    I second that.

I had weatherPanel on my 750 and now on my Pro. Works very well, it is totally free and does not expire.
    weatherbug mobile isn't freeware.

In a quick look at Accuweather, the Weather Channel, etc. everything is a pay service but it doesn't look like they have plug-ins.

There are some travel applications that have Today Screen plug-ins but they aren't freeware.

I did find this Weather to Go but have not used it. Might be worth a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by dd4618 View Post
    weatherBug
    http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...ug-direct.html
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    Well.... I stand corrected.
    The only app I saw on weatherbug's site was the paid apps.
    Thanks.
  11.    #11  
    I installed Weatherpanel and have the compact default theme. I'm waiting for authorization on PPCgeeks to be able to download the Phatfinger stuff, it looks like fun. Hopefully I won't screw it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    The developer is MIA, the program works past the "15day" trial, and other have continued to work with it. do a search (especially in the 800w thread) for some improvements and some great themes & icons. it is free.

Edit: check out this thread-

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=weather
    I didn't know the developer isn't around, sorry about that. Thanks for the info!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    +1 for Weatherbug Direct. Awesome program. The best part is that you can configure it to only display the taskbar temp(exclusive to that program), thus saving today screen space. When the temp is tapped, you get the forcast or a variety of options. Also, the developer is good to work with and incorporates user suggestions regularly. Highly recommended!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I didn't know the developer isn't around, sorry about that. Thanks for the info!
    No problem at all. Thats what these forums are for....Enjoy!