Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    i have a centro right now...how can i transfer my contacts over to a treo 800w?
    Quote Originally Posted by Plow13 View Post
    i have a centro right now...how can i transfer my contacts over to a treo 800w?
    Sync the Centro with Palm Desktop. Then export the Contacts from Palm Desktop to a CSV file. Then import them into Outlook. Then sync the new WinMo phone with Outlook.
    Or easier still...on your pc go to Start/Palm/Conduit sync and change the sync conduit to Outlook. Then sync the Centro and it will all be in Outlook. Then plug in the 800w and everything from Outlook will populate your 800w.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    i only have outlook express...how do i do this?
    i only have outlook express...how do i do this?
    OK, slight tweak...

1. Sync the Centro with Palm Desktop.
    2. Export the Contacts from Palm Desktop to a CSV file.
    3. Import them into Outlook Express: File > Import > Other Address Book > Text File (Comma Separated Values).
    4. Then sync the new WinMo phone with Outlook Express.
    You can't sync with Outlook Express.

The biggest drawback to moving to a WM device is that you must have Outlook if you want to sync. You can sync OTA to Google (with Goosync), but to even install Active Sync (or WMDC) on your computer, you must have Outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Or easier still...on your pc go to Start/Palm/Conduit sync and change the sync conduit to Outlook. Then sync the Centro and it will all be in Outlook. Then plug in the 800w and everything from Outlook will populate your 800w.
    I just did this, (thanks btw, I had NO idea I could do it! Will make my switch to Treo Pro that much easier!) and it didn't sync any of my contacts... did I do something wrong?
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    can i get outlook for free?
    also do windows mobile devices have a program like the palm desktop?
    Not anymore. Outlook used to be included with new Windows Mobile devices but most OEM's have stopped including because they have to pay for a license for each copy that they provide.

You can always download a 60 day trial version of Office 2007 at http://us1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/de...&culture=en-US.
    Unfortunately, what WM devices have is Outlook. It was one of the great things about using Palm os - the Palm desktop. You might be able to find a discounted copy of an older version of Outlook, or if you are a student/teacher/government employee you can get a good buy on it on sites like academicsoftware.com.

Bekktek - not sure why it didn't sync your contacts. It should have. I would try syncing again and make sure you have the Outlook conduit set to handheld overwrites desktop. (You'll find you now have two conduits for each of your PIMs.)
    My hotsync log just says "Contacts synchronization failed."
    I just changed the setting and reset, so hopefully that will work. thanks!

It failed again, here's what I got in the log:
    OK Outlook Calendar
    Outlook Contacts
    OLERR:02-0016
    OLERR:02-000D
    OLERR:0D-000C
    OLERR:02-0018
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - HH overwrite Desktop Sync
    Outlook Contacts synchronization failed

No idea why this is happening.....
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    I went from a 700p --> 800W and was hoping to Bluetooth send the "All Contacts" group over to my 800W. Of course it kept failing so I just took the time and sent them over as individual groups. Pretty straight forward and simple.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsprouse View Post
    I went from a 700p --> 800W and was hoping to Bluetooth send the "All Contacts" group over to my 800W. Of course it kept failing so I just took the time and sent them over as individual groups. Pretty straight forward and simple.

Good luck.
    i tried groups too and it kept failing. I had to send 400 contacts over individually. totally suck