1.    #1  
    I was sending a Text Msg last night, the Treo failed to send my last msg, & then deleted all my contact, calendar, task, Favorites information - ALL OF IT GONE!! Then, even with the phone radio turned on, reported "No Service". I did a soft reset with no luck, it locked up at the bootscreen. I did a hard reset, phone service resumed. However, since the hard reset, it has continued to randomly delete new information. I searched the forums with no luck, any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by khazelwood View Post
    I was sending a Text Msg last night, the Treo failed to send my last msg, & then deleted all my contact, calendar, task, Favorites information - ALL OF IT GONE!! Then, even with the phone radio turned on, reported "No Service". I did a soft reset with no luck, it locked up at the bootscreen. I did a hard reset, phone service resumed. However, since the hard reset, it has continued to randomly delete new information. I searched the forums with no luck, any ideas?
    Sorry to hear that, if you are in the 30 days, exchange it out. The fact that it's happening post a hard reset rules out 3rd party s/w.

Hope you have better luck with the new one.

BigMots
    This sounds like exactly what the device would do if it was sent commands to kill the data and lock the device from either the carrier or from a System Center Mobile Device Manager server on a corporate network that the device sync's with via Exchange ActiveSync.

For example, if I were to call Sprint and report my device as stolen, in addition to just kicking it off the network, they can send kill commands to it wipe the data and lock the device. If the carrier does it, the device will typically still boot up but will only display a screen saying to call Customer Service (at least that's what happens on regular phones, haven't tried it with a WinMo device).

If I'm syncing my device via Exchange ActiveSync and I have a System Center Mobile Device Manager server on my network, I can send similar commands to the device to kill all the data.

There is a third way to lock devices that may or may not still be available and may or may not work with this device. There at least used to be a way to send a specially crafted code via SMS to the phone that could cause it to wipe and lock, as well.

Not sure what happened but I'd call Sprint and check on your account first.
    Well I guess bottom line is that the data is gone and some new data is being deleted even after a hard reset. I'd take the device back to Sprint.