Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I absolutely love the palm Treo 800w. But after purchasing it a month ago, I have already had to return it 4 different times! Every single time a "stuck pixel" would appear somewhere on the screen. When I contacted Palm, they told me it was a manufacturers error and that there was nothing they could do. All they did was refer me to sprint, who in return wanted to charge me a "50 dollar deductable" and would send me a new phone, even though I had been paying the extra 7 dollars for insurance.

Finally, I had it with the crappy service of Palm and the annoyance of problems with the 800w. I loved it. And if I could be garunteed a phone that didn't falter so often, I would have stuck with it. So anyone interested in purchasing a 800w, now you know my story. I just switched the the business-savvy Blackberry Curve today, and I have to say, it's a very outstanding phone...

Good Luck my 800w friends,
    May your luck be better than mine!

Jumpman
    Well you left the 800w and the WM family altogether. You didn't want to try a Touch Pro or see if you could get a Treo Pro?
    I am getting ready to write about my experience with the touch pro. Long story short I am back to the 800.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Congrats with the Curve. It is a solid device. I had one for a few months and it never froze and required zero maintenance. My only issue with it was browsing the web is so slow. I averaged 340 kb/sec. where I average 960 kb/sec. with the 800. The track ball gets a bit much after a month. I missed Windows and was already paying for Exchange service so I came back. The 800 isn't the most stable device I ever owned so I know your pain. I never had a pixel problem and never even read a pixel thread on this forum. Either way enjoy the Curve.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    I am getting ready to write about my experience with the touch pro. Long story short I am back to the 800.
    I'm interested in reading your comments, I myself just returned to my 800w from trying out the Diamond.. I'm sooo glad to be back
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Congrats with the Curve. It is a solid device. I had one for a few months and it never froze and required zero maintenance. My only issue with it was browsing the web is so slow. I averaged 340 kb/sec. where I average 960 kb/sec. with the 800. The track ball gets a bit much after a month. I missed Windows and was already paying for Exchange service so I came back. The 800 isn't the most stable device I ever owned so I know your pain. I never had a pixel problem and never even read a pixel thread on this forum. Either way enjoy the Curve.
    Lol you I bet you loved the curve. The curve was really good, and it if it was built solid like the 800w then I'd prob still have it.
    Treo 650>XV6700>Moto Q>BB Curve>Moto Q9>Treo 700wx>Treo 800w>Samsung Moment
    Quote Originally Posted by New2This View Post
    Lol you I bet you loved the curve. The curve was really good, and it if it was built solid like the 800w then I'd prob still have it.

If it was a Windows OS I would still have it. I just found it a little to boring. It worked to good.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    I played with a Touch Pro in the Sprint store the other day. I just can't deal with that keyboard. I could not type effectively with it at all.

And if I used that in my car, I'd need a car mount (and I'm all about ProClip) that kept the device sideways, so the keyboard could remain open. That would take up MUCH more dash space than my 800w is using.

But hey, it did have some high quality graphical treatments on the screen .
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    And if I used that in my car, I'd need a car mount (and I'm all about ProClip) that kept the device sideways, so the keyboard could remain open.
    This was the reason I stayed away from the Touch Pro.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    I'm really thinking about jumping ship from the 800 also. I've gone through 3 already, and am gooing through drama with Sprint over the replacement that was to be sent already. Apparently, it was sent and delivered, only they sent it to the wrong address and person. Now they want me to pay if I want a new unit. You can't make this stuff up...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamzilla View Post
    Apparently, it was sent and delivered, only they sent it to the wrong address and person. Now they want me to pay if I want a new unit. You can't make this stuff up...
    Now that's a very good reason to always make them mark the account, so you can go to the Sprint store and pick up the replacement. If they ever want to ship me something, I might just have them ship it to their own store if they can't manage when they mess up sending stuff to a house.

Stay on them about it, till they do right by you. Send letters, make a BBB complaint, don't let up!
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpman89 View Post
    I absolutely love the palm Treo 800w. But after purchasing it a month ago, I have already had to return it 4 different times! Every single time a "stuck pixel" would appear somewhere on the screen. When I contacted Palm, they told me it was a manufacturers error and that there was nothing they could do. All they did was refer me to sprint, who in return wanted to charge me a "50 dollar deductable" and would send me a new phone, even though I had been paying the extra 7 dollars for insurance.

Finally, I had it with the crappy service of Palm and the annoyance of problems with the 800w. I loved it. And if I could be garunteed a phone that didn't falter so often, I would have stuck with it. So anyone interested in purchasing a 800w, now you know my story. I just switched the the business-savvy Blackberry Curve today, and I have to say, it's a very outstanding phone...

Jumpman
    I moved from an 800w to the Diamond, and I couldn't be happier. The 800 is a solid phone, but honestly, too many issues. My main issue was my slingplayer software. I missed it! I use that all the time.

And since I moved to the diamond, I have been doing the whole ROM cooking thing, and honestly, that's the way to go, my software, how I want it.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I played with a Touch Pro in the Sprint store the other day. I just can't deal with that keyboard. I could not type effectively with it at all. .
    Is the touch pro out? I played with the Diamond at Sprint but no keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Is the touch pro out? I played with the Diamond at Sprint but no keyboard.
    It came out at our Sprint store this last weekend.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    It came out at our Sprint store this last weekend.
    Yea I think Sprint released the Touch Pro this weekend. Because it went up on their site this weekend and it's also at the big Sprint store here in my area.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    I moved from an 800w to the Diamond, and I couldn't be happier. The 800 is a solid phone, but honestly, too many issues. My main issue was my slingplayer software. I missed it! I use that all the time.

And since I moved to the diamond, I have been doing the whole ROM cooking thing, and honestly, that's the way to go, my software, how I want it.
    I might be doing the same thing to hold me over until the Treo Pro is released.
    I have a Touch Pro waiting for me at home today. I really hope this experiment works out. I used the 6700 for a while, but the screen, battery life, and RAM were awful. Hopefully all these issues are fixed in the Touch Pro and it's a winner. If it isn't, I'll be back to my 700wx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpman89 View Post

Jumpman
    Was it near the bottom, just to the left of the keyboard button? Because that is a well known software glitch. No big deal.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by samadam View Post
    Was it near the bottom, just to the left of the keyboard button? Because that is a well known software glitch. No big deal.
    It's not a stuck pixel or software glitch either. It's a problem with the skin. Changing skin's makes it go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    It's not a stuck pixel or software glitch either. It's a problem with the skin. Changing skin's makes it go away.
    I just used the default skin...so I am calling it a glitch, because the default skin should be the solid one.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast