Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    I'm interested in reading your comments, I myself just returned to my 800w from trying out the Diamond.. I'm sooo glad to be back
    no no no! dont do it, i too just switched back from the touch pro to the 800w.... 800w is still lacking, but its sooo efficient compared to the touch series
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I was in the Sprint store yesterday with a Touch Pro in my right hand and my credit card in my left. There were two things that kept me from switching to the Touch Pro. The first is the keyboard. There is no comparison to the 800w. The tactile feedback and one handed operation on the 800w is superior to anything I've played with. The second reason I stayed with the 800w is the skin over the buttons and Dpad on the Touch Pro - it just felt loose and cheap and feedback wasn't as defined as the 800's.
    I love the pretty, monolithic black slab look; Touch Flo 3D looks awesome and a VGA screen that's larger than the 800w's is very appealing. My decision to walk out of the store really came down to one handed operation and the excellent keyboard.

I'm going to stick with the 800 until Sprint comes out with a Nova phone. Hopfully that'll knock HTC back on it's ears.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    no no no! dont do it, i too just switched back from the touch pro to the 800w.... 800w is still lacking, but its sooo efficient compared to the touch series
    Oh trust me, I wont be going for the touch pro, its nice, but not for me. You know, my 800 has been strong every since, I just wanted to try out the Diamond and its nice screen. It has a gorgeous screen. I even put in the hack to allow landscape when txting, which was cool, and allowed for faster texting. I was glad to return to my 800, I haven't had any problems with it, and I hope I don't, lol.... The 800 is far better for one handed operation
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  4. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    If it was a Windows OS I would still have it. I just found it a little to boring. It worked to good.
    That is the problem with us technogeeks... To make a device good and stable they have to limit it's customizability and toy factor. I too go for the latter over the former, but I know why BB has such a large market.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have recently switched from an 800w to a Touch Pro. I do miss the one handed ease of use and the slide out keyboard did require some time to get adjusted to. However, the Touch Pro has alot going for it (in my eyes). First and foremost, slingplayer works well on it. The higher resolution and slightly larger screen is just magnificent. Functionality wise, it runs all the software I had on my 800w. And from an eye candy standpoint, my videos that I watch on this device are just devine, lol. Overall, I do love my Touch Pro and don't regret switching, but really would have preferred a Touch HD or Touch HD Pro (damn you HTC for that, lol). That being said, I did love my 800w and would still recommend it to anyone that prefers single-handed operation as a priority.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I am never going back to flip phone. I dont like anything that look like the iphone. I hate glossy and fingerprint on any screen.

I wish HTC would make something like the Treo 800w form factor, then I might think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post

I wish HTC would make something like the Treo 800w form factor, then I might think about it.
    They did, it is called the Treo Pro and it will be available on Sprint soon.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    They did, it is called the Treo Pro and it will be available on Sprint soon.
    Beat me to it!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12