1.    #1  
    Coming from the Palm OS and being a computer guy I found that it only took me a few days to move around in Windows Mobile with some effeciency.

I found that when I go to the task manager, I see a lot of app running. I just click "End Task" to quit these apps. Is there another way to do that?

I close all of my windows and get to the Today screen but the task manager says I have apps running.

Any other tips you could provide? Free apps? etc.
    "Closing" apps in Windows Mobile by tapping the X in the corner isn't closing them. It's more like minimizing them as you would on your desktop Windows, except that there is no task bar to show that they are still running. The only way with the built in apps to stop them is to use Task Manager as you have found and close them that way. There are third party apps that you can install and registry tweaks to make the X button actually end the apps and not just close the window but YMMV.
    I tried an application called "Magic Button" for a while, but it didn't work well for me, caused all kinds of conflicts. But some people like it. Can't say I'd personally recommend it, but if you try it, I'd recommend doing a good backup (or maybe even 2 backups ) first.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by wwejason View Post
    "Closing" apps in Windows Mobile by tapping the X in the corner isn't closing them. It's more like minimizing them as you would on your desktop Windows, except that there is no task bar to show that they are still running. The only way with the built in apps to stop them is to use Task Manager as you have found and close them that way. There are third party apps that you can install and registry tweaks to make the X button actually end the apps and not just close the window but YMMV.
    OK Thanks! I thought I was doing it wrong but the only way I knew how!