Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I tried to recieve a 32kb picture from wife BB but when I tried to download the pic it says the message to be downloaded exceeds the recieving limits you specified. I do not remember having or setting any mms download limits. can someone tell me how to change it so the limit is higher. I looked through all my settings and options and just cant seem to find it.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    That is very strange as I always tought the MMS settings are auto-set by the carrier. What carrier do u have? Have u tried calling them (at&t or t-mobile)?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    That is very strange as I always tought the MMS settings are auto-set by the carrier. What carrier do u have? Have u tried calling them (at&t or t-mobile)?

I was thinking the same on how strange it was as well. I have att and never had a problem recieving mms untill yesterday.
    same here....happened this weekend....i cant find any relevant setting on the phone....treo pro on ATT
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by battreo View Post
    same here....happened this weekend....i cant find any relevant setting on the phone....treo pro on ATT
    do u think its a bug
  6. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    I tried to recieve a 32kb picture from wife BB but when I tried to download the pic it says the message to be downloaded exceeds the recieving limits you specified. I do not remember having or setting any mms download limits. can someone tell me how to change it so the limit is higher. I looked through all my settings and options and just cant seem to find it.
    This just happened to me twice today. Then I got the third one without any problem & also the one I had sent myself as a test.

The two that gave me the error message were from a VZW customer and an AT&T customer. The only thing common between them was that I was in a very weak signal area both times.

Antone else?
    it seems like a bug, especially since we dont and never had an option to choose the downloading size of our MMS messages. theres something similar for email accounts in setting received msg sizes but not for MMS msgs. maybe that was left out or something. my MMS msg was from a sprint user so now we have confirmed probs from 3 major providers, sprint, verizon and ATT. anyone found anything on other forums?
  8. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Just a thought:

Under MMS options, the photo resolution on mine was set to SXGA (1280 x1040). I just changed it to original. I sent a text asking the two people who I had problem receiving MMS from to re send the pictures, I haven't heard from either yet.

Can someone having MMS problems, please try this.

EDIT: Nope didn't work. has anyone called Palm about this?

Thanks Much
    Last edited by charlyee; 11/12/2008 at 05:05 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Just a thought:

Under MMS options, the photo resolution on mine was set to SXGA (1280 x1040). I just changed it to original. I sent a text asking the two people who I had problem receiving MMS from to re send the pictures, I haven't heard from either yet.

Can someone having MMS problems, please try this.

EDIT: Nope didn't work. has anyone called Palm about this?

Thanks Much
    I'll try to call them tomorrow and i'll report back to you all.
  10.    #10  

I guess your right but Im now gonna call Att about this.

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...thread.id=7127
  11. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    I guess your right but Im now gonna call Att about this.

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...thread.id=7127
    I remember another of my unbranded devices having a similar problem.

In my case the same mms was sent to another At&T person who has a Tilt & he had no problem receiving it.
    I had this SAME problem. cousin tried sending pic via MMS multiple times but wouldn't work. said same thing the origina poster's message said.

I could not find a solution at all.
    Im not getting any error message just receiving the message's text but no image.....has a small box with x in it right under the text.....
    Im on AT&T also but not sure why its not getting them. My Tilt gets them no problem so Im assuming its a problem in the pro itself......maybe a setting i have it on?

Would the fact in running RealVGA have anything to do with it?
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I had the same issue, when I checked the MMS settings the defaults were for Cingular and I'm on Tmobile.
    I changed the MMS settings to the Tmobile defaults and reduced the size of the pictures to get it to work.
    I have no problems on my Pro sending MMS, I'm on at&t.
    I am having problems with mms. I'm on AT&T but I think it mostly has to do with me using the Palm threaded SMS app. Is anyone else using this successfully to send pics or videos?
    I am on T-Mobile and after I configured the settings it works fine for pics. I am also running RealVGA.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I am on T-Mobile and after I configured the settings it works fine for pics. I am also running RealVGA.
    Wish I knew how to properly install real VGA, b/c the last time I tried it I don't think it worked properly on my old Treo 750, now tha I have the Treo Pro, I want to try installing real VGA once again on my new device.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    Wish I knew how to properly install real VGA, b/c the last time I tried it I don't think it worked properly on my old Treo 750, now tha I have the Treo Pro, I want to try installing real VGA once again on my new device.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...28&postcount=5
    Just call me Berd.
  20. hjt
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    jamesgangut, I'm on T-Mobile, run RealVGA and am have problems with MMS. Could you tell us what settings you changed and what to?

TIA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast