1.    #1  
    Sadly, it looks like I have to give up my 800w and go back to my 755p. I have spent a lot of time playing with the 800w and have done tons of research. I also thought to myself what the top uses of my phone are and came up with the following in order of greatest importance:

1) E-Mail device (I am not concerned with e-mail security and the ability to remote wipe)
    2) Phone
    3) Core PDA functions - PIM (calendar, contacts, etc).
    4) Other PDA functions (calculator, alarm, converters, reference, RSS, games, etc.)
    5) Maps and other info.
    6) Web browsing and internet access.

Remember, this is my list - everyone else's could be much different. Saving the best for last, I'll start with 2.

2) Probably a wash. A phone is a phone. Each can add functions with 3rd party software. I would be OK with either one.
    3) 2Day, Datebk, etc. are better than any of the WM alternatives. I would have decided on pocketbreeze if I kept the 800w.
    4) I have found more stable applications for POS than WM.
    5) This is probably a toss up. 800w has GPS which makes maps much better. It also has Windows Live Search. POS has TryDA and maps too (but not GPS). As this is low on my list, I am OK with POS for maps.
    6) This is clearly where WM outshines POS. PIE is faster. Multitasking makes a huge difference. And there are other browsers you can use. Blazer is pretty basic and often slow.

However, I save 1 for last. There is absolutely NOTHING that matches chatter (with Exchange). Sure you can search your server with WM. But here are the things that make Chatter 100x better that pocket outlook:

a) When you delete a message, it immediately disappears from the inbox but, until you sync, it is not yet in the deleted folder. Where did it go? What if I made a mistake? Same with moving other messages to other folder. Not to mention it "looks" like you accidentally move the e-mail to the inbox as there is a little "jump" back to the inbox after selecting to move to a different folder.

b) When I send a message, same as above. But, since I have 20k messages in my sent folder, it is not practical to sync the whole Sent Items folder. There is no option to only sync the last 30 days for just that folder nor is there a sent items folder just for the device to make sure it actually sent.

c) Can't use different FROM addresses and signatures if all mail is being forwarded to one account.

d) No easy way to stop vibrations for when I am sleeping but leave the phone on.

e) Reading a message opens up with the from field but you need to scroll up to see the To field. Also, the from name is just the name. Unless you click on it, you can't see the address. Finally, although this is picky, you click the center button to open a message but the OK button to close it. Probably just need to get used to it.

I looked at Flexmail. What a joke compared to chatter. I tried signing up for the Seven Beta, but it doesn't seem compatible with my server (Paul has given up after 5 PMs back and forth). I am SHOCKED that no one can develop something for WM like Chatter. It is supposed to be a more advanced device.

It's too bad really. Because my Redfly is on the way and I would have loved to use the 800w. But, since e-mail is my top priority, I need to stay with the 755p. Unless someone can address my above concerns.....?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  2.    #2  
    No one has any help for me?

How do I see deleted items on my 800w?

How do I see a local copy of sent items?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    No one has any help for me?

How do I see deleted items on my 800w?

How do I see a local copy of sent items?
    I can see mine just fine.

I gonna assume you are using IMAP on your exchange server.

Menu->Tools->Options->Manage Folders

First locate your trash folder then put a check mark in the box next to it. Now locate your sent folder and put a check mark next to that one as well.
    Be sure to locate the folder that actually contains these messages which is not necessarily the default pocket outlook folders for Trash and Sent Items.

Be careful because if you have thousands of messages in the folders it will take forever on your next sync.

You might want to go to
    Menu->Tools->Options->Select Email Account ->Edit Account Settings and click next until you get to the pull down box with the name "Download Messages:" there you can limit how many days worth of messages will be download. Set it to a lower number if you have thousands of messages on your server.

Its really not hard to set up, In fact, if memory serves its a lot easier than Chatter. I still can't believe that they finally made chatter stable. It used to crash about 4 times a day back when I used it.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your reply. I am connected to an exchange server not IMAP. Does IMAP allow for push?

I do not have any checkmarks next to my deleted items folder. It doesn't sync. And there is no other folder similar to that.

As for sent, I don't want to limit to 1 month because then I won't get all my messages in my inbox. Basically, I want all the messages in my inbox but only a month of old mail and sent items. This doesn't seem possible with pocket outlook. Correct me if I am wrong. Thx.

OK so your syncing with Exchange over the air. In that case you have to make sure your sever side settings are set up correctly to sync those folders.

I also have an Exchange account at work that syncs OTA. I just put in a request to my IT guy and he made it so the folders I requested would sync. Wish I could help you with that but I know nothing about Exchange Server 2007 settings.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  6.    #6  
    That 'may' explain the deleted items question. But there is no way to sync just 30 days of sent items if you want to sync ALL of the inbox, correct? Very little customization in pocket outlook. Very upsetting. I don't want to have to give this back.

You can sync all of it if you're using IMAP, so I imagine if you get the correct server side settings with an Exchange account, you can do it there as well. I'd take rc46's suggestion and start with your IT dept.
  8.    #8  
    all the folder options settings that are available on an imap account are grayed out on my exchange account.
    There are other mail clients available for Windows Mobile. You don't have to stick with pOutlook, just like you don't have have to stick with PIE or the default client for contacts and calendar.
  10.    #10  
    As I mentioned above, I tried Flexmail and the seven beta. Nothing compares to Chatter. I would like to find any program that will allows the ability to view the ENTIRE inbox but only 30 days of other folders.

Try ProfiMail. I used it briefly several weeks ago but can't remember if it had the option your looking for or not since I didn't need and therefore never looked for it.
  12.    #12  
    Doesn't seem to push. I would think that, with an Exchange server, I should have the best experience with pocket outlook. I am shocked that I don't.