1.    #1  
    Does the Sprite backup that comes with the Treo Pro do a full restore if I perform the restore on another unit? Or is it better to just restore the PIM/personal data and then reinstall the third party stuff?

Thanks
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    It does a full and complete restore.
    But you have to do a Hard reset for the restore to be accurate.
    Reg changes that aren't over written by the restore will remain if you don't hard reset first.
    Just call me Berd.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info. I'm glad that at least whatever I have set up on my evaluation unit can be easily restored when I get mine!
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm glad that at least whatever I have set up on my evaluation unit can be easily restored when I get mine!
    Ahah ... you'll move from PalmOS to WM!

FWIW, I prefer to use PPCPimBackup that backups in compressed readable CSV format. So I can easily massage the PIM data if I decided to move the data to another platform. Apps configurations are not backed up by it, so I take (wiki) notes of significant apps configuration. The apps I configured most (CLauncher) stores its configuration in one file (CLaunch.dat) that I can backup separately.

I don't think you can restore Sprite binary backups on a different (not compatible) OS level (let alone different platform).
    Last edited by sabre23t; 11/05/2008 at 09:57 PM.
    regards, sabre23t =^.^=
  6.    #6  
    I just want to restore from one Treo Pro to another. The data is whatever I already have in my "evaluation" unit which I'll have to return. When I get my new Treo Pro I want to restore it with as minimal effort as possible.
    No sabre, I am not totally swithcing over from PalmOS My main phone will still be the Centro as I cannot live without Agendus and I have invested alot in software like SplashID, Handbase, Daynotez, Kinoma Ex. etc. I know many of these have WM versions (except the one for Agendus is pretty pathetic at the moment) but I don't want to needlessly pay to switch at this point when they work fine on my Palm. Besides I need two phone numbers for work. the Treo Pro will be for email, IM, Skype, and browser with a data plan. The Centro will organise everything else (basically my life)
    No sabre, I am not totally swithcing over from PalmOS My main phone will still be the Centro [...] the Treo Pro will be for email, IM, Skype, and browser with a data plan.
    Mmm ... When I moved from Treo 600 to my first WM PDAphone, I actually bought a second-hand TX just to be sure I can run any PalmOS apps that I couldn't replace on WM. Still have the TX ...

I do use the Sprite Backup built into TreoPro, to snapshot the whole device. It's great for that.

However, I think PPCPimBackup is better for archiving call logs & messages that I periodically delete from my device. The CSV format allows me to search/read/copy those call logs & messages, without having to restore them back. These readable CSV archives would also be transportable to Android or Nova when I can get them in TreoPro form factor.
    regards, sabre23t =^.^=
    ...I am not totally swithcing over from PalmOS My main phone will still be the Centro as I cannot live without Agendus and I have invested alot in software like SplashID, Handbase, Daynotez, Kinoma Ex. etc.
    Have you considered StyleTap? We worked closely with them to ensure Kinoma Player 4 EX compatibility, and it seems to work quite well.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  9.    #9  
    Hi Charles. Didn't realize Kinoma could run in Styletap. But eventually I think I'll get Kinoma Play - any discount for 4 Ex users who are switching to WM?
    But eventually I think I'll get Kinoma Play - any discount for 4 Ex users who are switching to WM?
    There's not one at the moment, but you can get Kinoma Play for free by checking out with TrialPay.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    For some reason my Sprite back up from my old TP did not install correctly on my replacement unit. Not sure what happened but my password would not take even though it worked fine on my old TP. I didn't have too many tweaks so I didn't waste a bunch of time trying to figure out what happened, or try to restore my old unit to make sure the file was not corrupt. I thought it would be a good idea to have a fresh start on my new unit anyway. Hopefully my issue was a one time deal.
  12. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I am new to Sprite backup, so here is a basic question:

Does checking "suspend phone" box put the device into airplane mode when the backup is completed?

Is this recommended?

Thanks
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Have you considered StyleTap? We worked closely with them to ensure Kinoma Player 4 EX compatibility, and it seems to work quite well.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    I installed Styletap, then Kinoma 4 Ex and online activation failed....
    I installed Styletap, then Kinoma 4 Ex and online activation failed....
    We offer official support for Kinoma Player 4 EX running under StyleTap, so just contact support, and they'll be happy to help.

-- Charles Wiltgen
  15.    #15  
    Yes I did and support was very prompt and provided the correct solution which was to reinstall it from the installer (I had earlier used a prc from my Backup) and then the activation worked in my Treo Pro.
    The cool thing is it runs in the background now