1.    #1  
    First, i'd like to start off saying that the 800w's battery was absolutely horrible when I first purchased this phone.

Now about 2 months later, my phones battery can easily make it through the day with nearly 50 percent charge left. Heck I've had my phone off the charger for the past 12 hours and still have 65 percent battery left! Granted I wasn't using my phone nonstop, i'd say the battery life is getting better and better every day.

today I talked on the phone for roughly 1 hour, used the internet for about 45 mins and listened to music for 30 mins while I wrked out. the rest of the time the phone was idle (about 10 hrs).

Has anyone else experianced this increased battery life? Or is it just me?
    That is normal, as the battery is conditioned over time, that's when you see its true level of performance.

It's best to keep it topped off as much as you can, to extend the battery's lifetime.
    I have fine battery life. The biggest issue was not to set my email send/receive settings in "delivery preferences", but in "tools".

I easily have 60-65% left after a 10 hour workday.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    The biggest issue was not to set my email send/receive settings in "delivery preferences", but in "tools".
    What is the difference if I may ask.
    My battery lasts all day unless I use a program like Talkonaut... then the drain is mere hours (I am talking from 85-90% to 30% in about 2 hours).
    Quote Originally Posted by gazment View Post
    What is the difference if I may ask.
    Beats me as to why, but when I set my preference, for example, to receive mail every hour through "delivery preferences", my battery lasted far shorter than in "tools"
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I've read that there's a 800w Extended Battery which increases the talk time to about 8-9 hours. It doubles the meager 4 hours of talk time of the standard 800w battery.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiffer View Post
    I've read that there's a 800w Extended Battery which increases the talk time to about 8-9 hours. It doubles the meager 4 hours of talk time of the standard 800w battery.
    Search this forum for the 2600 battery.
    I changed my email check from every 10 minutes to every couple of hours and it has made a world of difference. Even checking an empty email box was draining the battery quickly.
    I find that by the end of the day my battery dies. I'd say that I unplug it at 8AM and it will die by 3 or 4 PM.

I turn my screen brightness all the way down to save battery life.

I came from the palm OS so I don't fully understand how to quit out of applications. Am I supposed to go to the Task Manager and quit out of open applications? How does that work? So open applications my drain the battery as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    I came from the palm OS so I don't fully understand how to quit out of applications. Am I supposed to go to the Task Manager and quit out of open applications? How does that work? So open applications my drain the battery as well.
    Some of us (myself included) feel closing all those open applications helps. Others disagree. Try it yourself and then of course you can go with whatever you find works for you.

Some applications have an "Exit" option, but several especially the apps that come with the device don't have an exit option. So yes you do need to use Task Manager to exit some applications, if you want them fully shut down. Just hold the "OK" button a few second and the Task Manager will appear. From there, just "End Task" for whatever you want shut down.

You should also check this out: Conserving battery power and making the most of your Windows Mobile smartphone's battery life
    I found that turning the broadband off when its not needed helps increase the battery life by a lot. On the Dial pad push ##EVDO##. I can live with the slower speeds if I use Opera Mini for internet browsing. I can also keep my data connection open all day and still have some battery life left at the end of the night. If I would ever need to stream music or video I could just turn the Wifi on or connect to the EVDO network.

I also found that when I had Sprint replace my battery I am getting better battery life as well. The original battery could only charge to 95%, the new one can charge to 100% now.