1.    #1  
    I have been a long time Treo user, from the 300 days through 600 and 700P. Loved Palm OS, now using an 800W. I have read threads here and on other sites that show tons of ways to customize the device.

What I am looking for are the apps that people consider the must haves for the 800W especially FREE apps. I used the stadard Palm OS on the 700P, with apps like KeyCaps to make keystrokes simpler, PTunes to listen to internet radio and a few games to kill some time once in a while.

Thought on the must have apps is appreciated.

On a technical note, I am unable to get my contacts over from the 700P to the 800W. I rarely synched my 700P, preferring to backup nightly to an SD card. When I tried to sync to Outlook on my pc, I was able to get everything except my contacts to move. Changed to sync with Palm desktop, same thing. Even went to Sprint store with both phones and there were not able to get them transferred using their Cellbrite system. Any ideas? I can beam them from 700P to 800W, but only one at a time.

Thanks again

Lee
    If you're having issues syncing the 700p to Outlook, try syncing to your Palm desktop and then export from there to a csv file that you can then import into Outlook. (It beats beaming one contact at a time!)

At the bottom of my "Definitive Guide" you will find lots of links to necessary apps.
    you can also sync your 700p with an exchanger server, then sync your 800w with that same server. Create a free account at mail2web.com and them sync your 700p with that server (if it still has data service; you may need to reactivate it if it does not). sync your 800w with it and all your contacts should be on your 800w
  4.    #4  
    Alli, thanks for the reply. I had already tried synching with Palm as stated that didn't work either.
    What happens when you try to sync the p?
  6.    #6  
    When synching with Palm Desktop the sync just locks up when it gets to the contacts. I left it run for over an hour last night. Finally ended the task. I only have 540 contacts, so it shouldn't take long to sync. I am thinking the database for contacts is corrupt. I know there is a database fix utility that may help, I need to find that and see if that helps.
    Definitely give that a try - dbfixit is what you need. Otherwise you will wind up beaming each of those 540 contacts individually - UGH!
    Quote Originally Posted by LEDtreo View Post
    When synching with Palm Desktop the sync just locks up when it gets to the contacts. I left it run for over an hour last night. Finally ended the task. I only have 540 contacts, so it shouldn't take long to sync. I am thinking the database for contacts is corrupt. I know there is a database fix utility that may help, I need to find that and see if that helps.
    Curious. What sort of issues are you seeing with a corrupt contact DB? Caller ID issues? Voicemail issues?

I ask because it seems that VibrantRedGT keeps having his DB's get corrupted. You may have (somehow) replicated what he did to corrupt his. As far as I know, he's the only one to have this issue.
  9.    #9  
    I have not had any issues whatsoever - that it until I tried to sync the 700p as I migrate everything to my shiny new 800W.