Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone else developed a hair line crack from on top of the camera button (housing) on the left edge to screen (not the screen)?
    not mine, did u drop it? or just from normal use?
    Sound like the battery cover then right? At least you could replace it.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Some time back someone developed a slight crack up by the vibrate button.
    They swore they didn't drop it, but palm said it would now have to be considered 'out-of-warranty'
    If they said that to me, I'm not sure how I would handle it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Sound like the battery cover then right? At least you could replace it.
    Not the battery cover, I think he is talking about the side of the phone. The battery covery doesn't extend this far.

I have no crack....
    no crystal meth either
  7. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    no crystal meth either
    Lol, no crack here either.
    Here's the person I was talking about:

Quote Originally Posted by rkrishnamurthy View Post
    Bad news guys,
    i already have a small crack near the ringer switch. Mine is barely 2 weeks old. i am super careful user and i swear that i haven't dropped or knocked it anywhere.

The worst is, when i called and informed palm about this, they just don't want to accept it. they simply say since my set has a crack it will be considered as out of warranty set here after. i am so pissed off.
    Here's the Thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=15
    Just call me Berd.
    Thats me guys. yes my treo pro developed two cracks one near the vibrate switch and other near the left corner of the screen.

I got fed up with palm response that it has to be considered as out of warranty.

i have sold it to a second hand shop for dirt price.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    That's just an unreasonable and insane answer from greedy "Palm"s. They should have at least given you some kind of warranty because it hasn't reached at least a month before it broke. IMO, there quality insurances should be reevaluated.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    I've got one crack just above the wifi-button and two in the top right corner.
    I've got a hairy crack down the back at the bottom. I've had it since birth.

/coat
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    I suggest we buy 3rd party insurance for our pro's
  14.    #14  
    Yes, the hair line crack is in the body case, not the back cover. Never dropped the phone or did anything to cause this. Palm is covering it under warranty so I'm happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I suggest we buy 3rd party insurance for our pro's
    Looked into this with my insurance company and they don't offer anything. Great stuff for my home PC but nothing for a device like this.

Kind of a bummer.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I cannot return it now since over 30days after purchasing.

But I have been so careful to protect my treo pro with a soft bag when I put it in my pocket everyday. And now, when it just passed 30 days, a few cracks show up along the sides of my TP.

This is really ridiculous! Now I understand why palm is doomed to fail!!!!

IT IS OVER!!!!!
    Does the one year warranty still apply?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Oooohhh yet another reason I hope Sprint requires that this thing be a MUCH MORE DURABLE!
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Curious. I wonder if it's a result of the finish.

I've dropped my 800w more times than I can count. Skidded it across pavement lots of times. The corners are all chewed up.

No cracks yet (*knock on wood*).

It's highly unlikely that the form factor will change if Sprint picks it up, as it's incredibly expensive to redesign your production line partway through a run. If Palm deems it "good enough" then I doubt it'll change.

As an example I believe that the only reason the 700w got redesigned is because it natively supports 64 MB of memory, so it was pretty easy to attach a second 32 meg chip. Redesigning the case is likely to cause problems with all sorts of stuff, such as the way the battery fits, etc.
    I'm curious to see what customer service will say. Even if he's out of the exchange period, cracks after only 30 days and average usage may be a design flaw. Or reason for them to send a new unit anyway. What exactly does the warranty cover, anyone know? I hate to see people spend so much to get screwed.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast