Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    I cannot return it now since over 30days after purchasing.

But I have been so careful to protect my treo pro with a soft bag when I put it in my pocket everyday. And now, when it just passed 30 days, a few cracks show up along the sides of my TP.

This is really ridiculous! Now I understand why palm is doomed to fail!!!!

IT IS OVER!!!!!
    Out of curiosity, do you have any protective covering, beyond the pouch? The reason I ask is that, at the moment, my ONLY protection is a screen protector from a previous phone. I've had my Treo Pro for a month, now. It's fallen several times on my hardwood bedroom floor. When they were replacing carpet at my office, it hit the concrete floor once. So far, no nicks, scuffs or cracks. Since yours isn't the first thread I've seen about cracks, I want to make sure I'm doing all I can to avoid problems.

For what it's worth, the edges of the Pro are rounded & so is the back of the iPhone 3G. Both have had instances of cracking issues. I wonder if there's some kind of molding problem with curvature & the type(s) of plastic used?
    Seems like a lot of crack going around here.
    Mine has a stress crack just above the red end button and all the way around the corner over the wireless button. Palm is sending me a replacement under warranty. I think it is a design flaw and will likely not be resolved. My guess is that when we struggle to remove the battery cover we are putting a twisting torque on the unit and due to the weak plastic there are a few high stress points that simply split apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    For what it's worth, the edges of the Pro are rounded & so is the back of the iPhone 3G. Both have had instances of cracking issues. I wonder if there's some kind of molding problem with curvature & the type(s) of plastic used?
    When you put a curve in plastic (or metal for that matter) you are stretching it and weakening it.

The 800w has an aluminum frame to hold all of it together (which is partially why it weighs so much). I would suspect based on the weight of the Pro (which is mostly the battery) that it lacks such an internal frame.

I haven't seen anyone crack one open, it'd be interesting to see if it has the same frame or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Curious. I wonder if it's a result of the finish.

I've dropped my 800w more times than I can count. Skidded it across pavement lots of times. The corners are all chewed up.
    Still upset about the GPS and headset issues, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you have any protective covering, beyond the pouch? The reason I ask is that, at the moment, my ONLY protection is a screen protector from a previous phone. I've had my Treo Pro for a month, now. It's fallen several times on my hardwood bedroom floor. When they were replacing carpet at my office, it hit the concrete floor once. So far, no nicks, scuffs or cracks. Since yours isn't the first thread I've seen about cracks, I want to make sure I'm doing all I can to avoid problems.

I'm glad your TP is strong as STONE! So WHAT?! My tp never falls onto the ground! Believe it or not! I can show you guys a pic if you want! The cracks is on the left side, grew very quickly from 2 to 4 now!

I don't care if u r happy or not!!! Unless someone can replace for me!!!!!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I've seen a few posts about hairline cracks but, so far, none about any actual damage that has affected the operation of the Pro.

I wonder if Garrett has it spot on, I hardly ever remove my battery and I have no cracks??
  8. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggarrett View Post
    Mine has a stress crack just above the red end button and all the way around the corner over the wireless button. Palm is sending me a replacement under warranty.
    Just out of curiosity, were you beyond the 30 day period?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    I'm glad your TP is strong as STONE! So WHAT?! My tp never falls onto the ground! Believe it or not! I can show you guys a pic if you want! The cracks is on the left side, grew very quickly from 2 to 4 now!

I don't care if u r happy or not!!! Unless someone can replace for me!!!!!
    Why are you so upset? Call Palm - it's under warranty. If they deny your claim, then you have a right to be upset.
    I wanna see pictures! Show it
    Gotta love technology... you blink and everything changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Still upset about the GPS and headset issues, eh?
    And here I thought your avatar was making FUN of people who trolled.

Quote Originally Posted by NewTreoProUser27 View Post
    I wanna see pictures! Show it
    x2 on piccies!
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerBB View Post
    Why are you so upset? Call Palm - it's under warranty. If they deny your claim, then you have a right to be upset.
    I think he believes he's stuck with it. I agree that he should contact Palm and see what they say. Sounds like a warranty and build issue, especially since someone else reported a crack.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Same problem here!! I baby my TP so much!! It has never fallen even an inch and now it has 4-5 hairline cracks along the left side by the buttons and one pretty good crack in the upper let corner. All of these cracks are in the same location. I do use the side button a lot but this should not cause this problem in a $550 phone after 5 weeks of babied use. I was on the phone all morning wih Palm and all their numbers. It is now a "Tier 2 call" and a rep will call me at 12PM PST tomorrow. I want a new phone. Obviously some of our phones are structurely weak at the onset. I LOVE the phone though!!! I am used to the OS after 5 years with POS on my 600, 650, and 680. Anyone else having issues with these cracks? I bought mine 9/23 and it was delivered 9/26. I never have luck with new products
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Just out of curiosity, were you beyond the 30 day period?

Thanks.
    Yes, I bought it from Buy.com so it was actually only 14 day return.
    This will be my last Palm product ever if you do not replace it. It is OBVIOUSLY their issue and not mine. There are too many good phones out there to be left hanging on this one. If I had dropped the phone even once from any distance I would not be even making the effort. I would not expect a replacement if I thought I was even 5% to blame.
  16. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggarrett View Post
    Yes, I bought it from Buy.com so it was actually only 14 day return.
    Thanks, I am glad to hear that Palm is covering this under warranty.

PS: For those of you with problems could you please post some pictures so we could get an idea what to look for.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Thanks, I am glad to hear that Palm is covering this under warranty.

PS: For those of you with problems could you please post some pictures so we could get an idea what to look for.

Thanks
    I 2nd that request.
    Not sure the pictures would show a lot. Most of the hairline cracks look like scratches and have to be seen at the right angle in the right light. The bigger one on mine would show since I can actually put a finger nail in it. I am afraid the hairline ones will become bigger like that one and the casing will crumble in my hand one day
    Found another person having crack issues and he has a few ok pictures.
    Well, I would post that link but looks like the forum site will not let me until I get 10 posts. LOL
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast