Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I love my 800 and hate it too. It's much more powerful than my 700P, but I am so pissed off that for no apparent reason I lose all the sound and have to hard reset the device or for no apparent reason the touch screen stops working and I have to hard reset the device. This is a pain in the *** to have to do every couple of weeks or so.

I have what I consider a relatively clean device. I've added TreoAlerts, SoftReset, PHM Registry Editor, File Explorer Extension and two work related programs that I have to have. I've done two registry edits; phone as modem and Messaging Character lenght. The device works fine for a while and then like this morning I find the touchscreen not working and a hard reset is necessary just three days after I had to do a hard reset because I lost all my sound. Yes, I'm frustrated because I like the phone, but hate the glitches. I don't know how those of you have so many additional programs or hacks and have no problems. You're the fortunate ones!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    I don't know how those of you have so many additional programs or hacks and have no problems. You're the fortunate ones!

I have *TONS* of software on my phone and do tons of tweaks to it. I download and test software all the time, including plenty of stuff not designed for the phone.

I don't have any of the problems you're describing.

Anyway, what I'd suggest is hard reset the phone and use it for a handful of days (a week+ would be best) and see if the issue still occurs with the phone in it's stock config (NO additional programs). If it works fine, then something you are doing/installing is causing the problem.

If it doesn't work, then it's a defective phone and should be swapped out.
    If it's not too late, I would exchange it. I hd a problem with the touchscreen failung on my 1st 800w, which only occurred on rare occasions with Garmin. I never had touchscreen issues with Garmin on the replacement.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Exchange the device. That's something I failed to do and now regret. Now I'm stuck with an 800w that requires a few soft resets a day when a piece of software misbehaves or gets stuck.
    I too have a love/hate. Everytime I add something it fails and I have to hard reset. I've learned to leave things alone and keep it stock. Its the only way it works correctly.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I too have a love/hate. Everytime I add something it fails and I have to hard reset. I've learned to leave things alone and keep it stock. Its the only way it works correctly.
    Man, I just don't understand it. I have apps loaded on mine it runs for weeks without any problems. Why do some people's 800w screw up and crash and some don't?
    My touch with WM6.1 is same way!
    Aleays flaking out.
    Sprint sent me a refurb replacement and it was a total pos.. I sent it back after one hour with it.

I think WM6-6.1 is crap, I had thease kind of problems on my Hitachi G1000 with pocketpc 2002.
    When I switched to my PPC6601 with pocket pc 2003SE I had very few issues, I wish I still had that phone. Bluetooth actually worked! Phone very stable and decent screen. My only failures with it were the sliding keyboard.

It is to the point with my Touch that I am not using it much or adding any thing for fear of it crashing. Most days I want to smash it with a big hammer!

Sorry for the rant but I bought the Touch to avoid every ones Treo 800 problems and my Touch is no better, plus I lost the keyboard to boot..
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    But, it's not "every ones Treo 800 problems". I really think that 'most' owners hardly have any problems as far as stability. Yes, I will give the battery life. It could be better, but that's not a stability issue. I have loaded mine to the hilt with apps and it is solid. I have run numerous reg hacks and it's still solid. I really think this is what most are experiencing. I think the "problems" are an isolated few in comparison.

We have about 50 Treo 800W's in our business and I have not heard a single word from them except for battery life and I am the person they would come to. Now, most of them are probably stock out of the box. Most of our users don't change settings much.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone