Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Typical TreoCentral discussion, a pissing match full of disbelief.

I've contributed some info throughout the years and always get the same responses of a bunch of bitter people hiding behind their keyboards.

I'm done here offering any good (at the time) info that I have.
    What?
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    This device does have Verizon splash screen files. I think awhile ago Engadet said Verizon passed on it because they were not pleased with performance. I don't think it was 6.1. Many of us had be running beta version for half a year on other devices.
    The 800w was originally a 6.0 device.

Verizon passed on it because they decided to pay for the upgrade to 6.0 with the 700wx. I suspect that they handled much of the work on that upgrade themselves, rather than paying Palm to do it.

It's possible that they were not pleased with the performance, as 6.0 isn't exactly known for stellar performance. If that was the reason why, frankly they're idiots because the performance of their 6.0 ROM on the 700wx is simply horrible.

A much more likely reason is the $$$. An upgrade to 6.0 is relatively cheap, especially if most of the work was done in house.
    Lets not forget how long it took Sprint to get the 700w after verizon got it, it was released to them in January and Sprint didn't get until September. Those of us waiting for it know how many times it was delayed for whatwver reasons. Also the 800w was rumored to be released much earlier than it was.

I don't work for either of these companies, all I am doing is passing along info that I hear to mix with others info and give us all an idea of what is going on.

As for the 800 on verizon and the pro on both sprint and verizon, I personally think that it will happen sooner or later. Reason being; look back at all of the phones that the three big companies have, they are all very similar and very competitive. I just can't see verizon as big as they are let sprint have all the wm phones. Just my thoughts...............
    Quote Originally Posted by drtreo View Post
    Lets not forget how long it took Sprint to get the 700w after verizon got it, it was released to them in January and Sprint didn't get until September.
    Completely different scenario. The 700w was underpowered (though not near as bad as the Mogul) and Sprint refused to carry it for that reason.

Sprint picked up the 700wx shortly after Verizon did. Sprint never got the 700w.

Those of us waiting for it know how many times it was delayed for whatwver reasons. Also the 800w was rumored to be released much earlier than it was.
    The 800w would have been released approx 6 months before it was had Verizon not dropped it in favor of the 700wx WM6 upgrade.

The delay in the release was due to Sprint insisting on a WM 6.1 device.

I just can't see verizon as big as they are let sprint have all the wm phones. Just my thoughts...............
    Verizon has a huge push right now for the BB Storm. They appear to be taking the focus away from their other phones to push the Storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Without saying too much it seems that us 800w users will be abandoned by Palm. As much as I promote Palm's products, HTC devices and their support for their products looks good these days.

Bring me a Google based device and I'll set sail.
    Correct. I just hope that we get a little heads-up before the Treo Pro is released so that we can sling our defective 800w's on Ebay. Got to get in before the rush. LOL
    Lets not forget how long it took Sprint to get the 700w after verizon got it, it was released to them in January and Sprint didn't get until September.

Let's not forget that Sprint had the 600 first before any of the other carriers.
    well I guess it time from my 800w to have accident!!! just like how I bumped from the 700w to wx. hmm should it be the car door? Or fell down the stairs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    The 800w would have been released approx 6 months before it was had Verizon not dropped it in favor of the 700wx WM6 upgrade. The delay in the release was due to Sprint insisting on a WM 6.1 device..
    T
    The delay in the release was due to Palm not having a WM 6.1 on it.
    In business you don't blame the customer. Buyers don't delay things, makers do.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    T
    The delay in the release was due to Palm not having a WM 6.1 on it.
    In business you don't blame the customer. Buyers don't delay things, makers do.
    Who's blaming anyone? I'm certainly not.

It's a fact that the phone was originally designed for Verizon to fill their lack of WM6 phones (at the time WM6.1 was not available yet).

It's a fact that Verizon dropped the 800w in favor of the WM6 Treo 700wx.

It's a fact that Sprint did not want a WM6 phone, but wanted a WM6.1 phone.

None of that is blame, simply what happened. Stating what happened is not pushing blame, nor am I saying it's anyone's fault. There's a big difference between WM6 and WM6.1, so in many respects the 800w is a completely different device with WM6.1 than WM6. I for one am very glad that Sprint insisted on 6.1. So for me, I'm not blaming Sprint (who did cause the delay), but thanking them.
    sooooooooo back on topic

was'nt this suppose to be CONFIRMED released last month, or was it just some nub not knowing what hes talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    Let's not forget that Sprint had the 600 first before any of the other carriers.

Right- and the 300, the 650 and WX too. I believe the 700p as well but could be wrong on that one. They are either exclusive or are one of the carriers in at the launch.

The treo has traditionally been a "Sprint first" device
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Correct. I just hope that we get a little heads-up before the Treo Pro is released so that we can sling our defective 800w's on Ebay. Got to get in before the rush. LOL
    They have lost tremendous value on eBay anyway. You can find 800ws going for as little as $200. That's one of the reasons I haven't sold mine yet. If eBag can fix the GPS, it's a keeper.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    They have lost tremendous value on eBay anyway. You can find 800ws going for as little as $200. That's one of the reasons I haven't sold mine yet. If eBag can fix the GPS, it's a keeper.
    Err..

The 800w has been going for "as little as $200" for months now. Has nothing to do with it loosing "tremendous value on eBay".

Sprint Touch's are ~$100-150
    Sprint Q9c's are ~$100-150
    Mogul's are ~$150
    Sprint Diamond's are ~$235

The only expensive one right now is the Touch Pro (~$330-400) because it just came out and is in limited quantities. Check back in 45 days and it too will be selling for ~$300. Throw in that Live 20-30% discount search engine deal and you can these things for quite cheap now.

This is pretty basic stuff.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Skfny's statement is still correct, the 800w has lost tremendous value on Ebay and is going for as little as $200.

We can discuss the reasons all day long, Skfny never made assertions as to why, but it has loss tremendous value in comparative Ebay sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Skfny's statement is still correct, the 800w has lost tremendous value on Ebay and is going for as little as $200.

We can discuss the reasons all day long, Skfny never made assertions as to why, but it has loss tremendous value in comparative Ebay sales.
    It sure has. They seem to be getting dumped at an alarming rate.
    Lets not forget how long it took Sprint to get the 700w after verizon got it, it was released to them in January and Sprint didn't get until September. Those of us waiting for it know how many times it was delayed for whatwver reasons. Also the 800w was rumored to be released much earlier than it was.

I don't work for either of these companies, all I am doing is passing along info that I hear to mix with others info and give us all an idea of what is going on.

As for the 800 on verizon and the pro on both sprint and verizon, I personally think that it will happen sooner or later. Reason being; look back at all of the phones that the three big companies have, they are all very similar and very competitive. I just can't see verizon as big as they are let sprint have all the wm phones. Just my thoughts...............

Sprint didn't carry the 700w for a simple reason. Verizon had exclusive distribution rights to it for a period of time after it was released. I was told that by one of their employees. (His job was quality control on stores, ensuring that they all followed the Sprint rules. He also decided which ones to keep open and which ones to close). That is not unusual with new products, and is most likely why you will see new phones with only one carrier for a period of time. The provider pays a premium for that sales advantage, and hopes to make it up with increased sales. Doesn't always happen, especially with the 700w, which was grossly underpowered. That is also why Sprint didn't carry it but went directly to the 700wx. I'm sure there are similar behind the scenes goings on with the 800w and the Treo Pro.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    It sure has. They seem to be getting dumped at an alarming rate.
    Look at the economy. Cell phones aren't the only thing that is being dumped at a lower price. Look at how much Blu-ray players are going for now. It's called a recession, and prices fall then. Also law of supply and demand. Not everyone wants an 800w, so when there are more sellers than buyers, the price goes down.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    A
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    BGR is reporting Treo Pro release on Sprint 1/11/2009 and to be followed on VZW (I'll believe that when I see it )

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...nt-in-january/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    BGR is reporting Treo Pro release on Sprint 1/11/2009 and to be followed on VZW (I'll believe that when I see it )

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...nt-in-january/
    Can't wait.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast