Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Either no treo pro rebates or treo pro is not coming out until after 1/10/09.

At least this is what i gather from this Rebate Form:
    http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en...mir_011009.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmDM View Post
    Either no treo pro rebates or treo pro is not coming out until after 1/10/09.

At least this is what i gather from this Rebate Form:
    http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en...mir_011009.pdf
    Not really much evidence either way.
    I've bought half a dozen handsets from sprint for which there was nothing on the rebate forums until several weeks after the handset was released
    I had conversation with three CS reps today - one via "chat", 2 on the phone, none knew anything about a "Treo Pro". I then called back in to the business side and 2 other reps said the same thing..... I believe the confusion is about the TOUCH Pro also.

Quote Originally Posted by elegantevent-ee View Post
    btw, I failed to mention that the Sprint Rep I talked to earlier today, I verified with her about the model of the phone asking her if she was confusing the Treo Pro with the Touch Pro. She stated "no sir. The Treo Pro" . However, I wish I would have asked for a model number. . .oh well. I know for a fact that once they release the Treo Pro for Sprint we will be getting them. Aye, I see more than a few advantages of having a Treo Pro and truly hope it turns out to be better than the 800w that we have come to really enjoy and has made our lives here much more efficient, to say the least. IMHO, the Treo 800w alone is one remarkable and impressive phone, bugs and issues aside. If the Treo Pro is supposed to be better, guess I am going to have to be ready to be "wowed" more than I was with the 800w. I will however truly miss the layout of the keyboard but if it is truly that much better, then I will deal with it.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I don't think you'll see it for a couple of months.
    Sprint employees are not authority for anything.

EVDO was launched in my area about a year ago. We had a launch date (it was revised a few times), but it was finally turned on on the date they said. We were all on the Sprintusers site talking about it. I seemed to find my speeds a little less than the others, so I called Sprint to see if there was some setting I was missing.

They flat out DENIED that EVDO was in our area. I was on the phone three or four times going through several levels of CS, CS supervisors, tech support - I even had one of the supervisors talk to an employee at a Sprint store who was surfing via EVDO at the time, and they STILL denied it. I even gave them the speeds (and you CANNOT get those high speeds on that regular connection - even THEY admitted that).

At that point, it became an experiment to see if I could get anyone at Sprint to just say something reasonable, like, "well, it isn't on our screens so we can't take a ticket on it as of yet...." I finally found someone who said that. Start to finish with on-hold waits factored out -- a total of about 45 minutes of actually talking.

This is the deal: Sprint customers are standing in the streets, dripping wet, screaming "its raining!" Sprint CS reps are in little rooms with no windows, looking at computer screens saying, "you are mistaken." It really is just that stupid.

So you can conclude that they are confusing one phone for another - or vice versa. But if your source of information is someone you--as a consumer--were able to get on the phone--take if from someone who has been with Sprint for 9 years: You know nothing .... NOTHING!!!
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 11/09/2008 at 03:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    I don't think you'll see it for a couple of months.

I know what you think.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    February-March of 09 is what I have heard form Sprint field reps.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    I saw on the Palm comparison that the 800w (which I have) has stereo bluetooth but the Pro is not listed as having that. That is a big deal for me if so. I do not plan on EVER using wired headsets for a phone again. I have 2 motorola s9's and that is all I will ever use.
    Dayum. I did not know that.

WTF is Palm doing??
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drtreo View Post
    Thanks for saying it. I didn't want to
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Dayum. I did not know that.

WTF is Palm doing??
    Please read the later comments, the Treo 800w and Treo Pro have the exact same BT capabilities. Palm seems to have a problem when it comes to consistently using the same terms for the same features. (They likely have various people doing the writing and are not comparing what they say about another device.) Which causes confusion and only causes them to shoot themselves in the foot.

If Palm does go under, their own lack of marketing skills will be noted as a factor in their downfall.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Without saying too much it seems that us 800w users will be abandoned by Palm. As much as I promote Palm's products, HTC devices and their support for their products looks good these days.

Bring me a Google based device and I'll set sail.
    Kash76

I agree - later rather than sooner - I was very surprised when people started talking about it coming out this month. That would be way too close to the 800w release.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Please read the later comments,
    Nah. Too many pages. I'll have to take your word for it.

the Treo 800w and Treo Pro have the exact same BT capabilities. Palm seems to have a problem when it comes to consistently using the same terms for the same features. (They likely have various people doing the writing and are not comparing what they say about another device.) Which causes confusion and only causes them to shoot themselves in the foot.

If Palm does go under, their own lack of marketing skills will be noted as a factor in their downfall.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    You're right, nobody is making one. Seidio researched it and abandoned their efforts. It seems too costly to make a 3.5mm adapter that would sell.
    Will this one work?
    www_wirelessground_com/mircousbhfadap.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mwrob View Post
    Will this one work?
    www_wirelessground_com/mircousbhfadap.html
    Nope, that's the one I have and exactly where I purchased it from.

See my test results here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    I agree - later rather than sooner - I was very surprised when people started talking about it coming out this month. That would be way too close to the 800w release.
    Nah, the Treo Pro has been out for a while. Tech turnover comes faster and faster. You have one much more modern device already out there with the GSM Pro. And the GSM Pro is not selling well because it has no GSM carrier (discounts of $100 have begun).

Again, Palm is not competing only with itself. Those days are over. There have been quite a few releases since the 800w, the new HTC's, the Bold, and the Treo Pro itself.

I doubt it. three months ago you were saying the your Palm "contacts" told you the 800w was coming to Verizon.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I doubt it. three months ago you were saying the your Palm "contacts" told you the 800w was coming to Verizon.
    Did you ever think that Verizon decided to skip the 800w with the Pro coming?

Delays happen all the time. The 800w was supposed to come early in '08 but didn't because Sprint wanted WM 6.1.
    Kash76

Delays happen all the time. The 800w was supposed to come early in '08 but didn't because Sprint wanted WM 6.1.
    That was my point. the supposed contacts had no idea.

Also as has been noted by others who follow these things the 800w delays had to do with issues in addition to wm6.1

This device does have Verizon splash screen files. I think awhile ago Engadet said Verizon passed on it because they were not pleased with performance. I don't think it was 6.1. Many of us had be running beta version for half a year on other devices.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Typical TreoCentral discussion, a pissing match full of disbelief.

I've contributed some info throughout the years and always get the same responses of a bunch of bitter people hiding behind their keyboards.

I'm done here offering any good (at the time) info that I have.
    Kash76

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast