1.    #1  
    I have lost all my sound and have tried anything my phone doesn't ring or anything. I know I have a call because my BT beeps in my ear otherwise nothing. If anyone can help would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    This EXACT same thing happened to me. I lost all sound, no ringers, no reminders, no nothing. I did a hard reset to get it working again.

Incidentally, I woke up this morning to no signal whatsoever. No bars, nothing. A radio reset did not fix it. I performed a soft reset which fixed it. This behavior is very disconcerting...
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    It's happened to me a few times and the only thing to correct it is a hard reset. Yes, I back up the device regularly, but it's still a pain of wasted time in having to reset and reinstall a few programs or settings that don't survive a hard reset.
    Never had this happen.

Hard reset as suggested, and see if it happens again. If it's happening regularly, it's likely something that was installed.
    To get sound/ringer/alarms back, I go into Settings > Sounds&Notifications > Notifications > choose any event that plays a sound, like Phone: Known Caller and hit the play button.

I find that by forcing the device to play a sound on my 800w makes all the sound/rings/alarms work again. An easy way I determine if my sounds are killed is pressing the windows logo, it should make that sound.

btw, from my experience/testing, I *think* going online triggers all sound to stop working. Try it, go online and then put the phone down for say three hours and when you come back, all sounds won't work. (I also have 'rev A' checked in ##evdo#).

Hard reset a few times, problems always come back if I go online and don't disconnect and leave phone alone for an hour or two.
    Last edited by opacityzero; 11/04/2008 at 09:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueL2 View Post
    I have lost all my sound and have tried anything my phone doesn't ring or anything. I know I have a call because my BT beeps in my ear otherwise nothing. If anyone can help would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
    Exact same thing after 2 months of running flawlessly. No sound from the treo, but works fine through bluetooth & vibrates. No new programs installed.
    I had to do a hard reset. Everything works fine now.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    To get sound/ringer/alarms back, I go into Settings > Sounds&Notifications > Notifications > choose any event that plays a sound, like Phone: Known Caller and hit the play button.

I find that by forcing the device to play a sound on my 800w makes all the sound/rings/alarms work again. An easy way I determine if my sounds are killed is pressing the windows logo, it should make that sound.

btw, from my experience/testing, I *think* going online triggers all sound to stop working. Try it, go online and then put the phone down for say three hours and when you come back, all sounds won't work. (I also have 'rev A' checked in ##evdo#).

Hard reset a few times, problems always come back if I go online and don't disconnect and leave phone alone for an hour or two.
    Yes this solution works but this is not a fix. Also no idea why would this happen and if this issue is related to 3rd party apps or not because I cant spend time to verify if this issue is isolated to any specific 3rd party app. Please update this thread with your experiences. And yes I did hard reset and it worked for few weeks and issue came back. So this is not permanent fix.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.