1.    #1  
    I recently took my Treo to a repair shop in San Diego Ca. where they replaced the screem amd some other stuff that was damaged internally. The repair guys were shady but it was $80 for a new screen in 20 minutes, so I thought it was a deal. They replaced the phones internals completely, swappingout the ESN number to a bad ESN. I called Verizon and begged & pleaded and they tried to sell me a new Treo for $399. I read a few threads here and downloaded QPST so I could change the ESN myself, but I could never get QPST to see the phone, no matter what I did. I tried several ports, USB and bluetooth and several versions and nothng worked. I have the latest QPST version, the Motorolla Drivers and the latest Palm update if anyone needs them and knows how to make them work.

Can anyone help with getting the QPST product to recognize the Treo?
    Why don't you go back and get back the parts they took out?
    There's an easier method using CDMA Updater and a HEX editor.

And you're unlikely to get any more help than that. ESN swapping is borderline illegal.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Be careful...your former good ESN may now be on some devices of questionable origin
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gthompson97 View Post
    Why don't you go back and get back the parts they took out?
    If the repair shop is shady, as the OP suggested, I don't think they're going to willingly give those parts up, much less admit they did anything wrong
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway