1.    #1  
    the speaker on my 750 went south last week, so at work they gave me a new samsung epix. after futzing with it all weekend, I'm ready to declare it a technical edsel.

you have to press so hard on the touch screen with the stylus to get it to work my right hand went numb after a short while. and the right side screen alignment is so off, it's almost impossible to scroll, and you'll need to because the "optical" mouse is a total POS in either mouse or 4 way mode.

and WM6.1... better wanting then having. I got into work this morning and I swapped the sim back into my muted (but vibrating) treo 750 and asked IT to find a new 750 for me...

just my $0.02, YMMV
    When you first set up the device (touch stylus here...) Did you press real hard on the screen?

I think WM not only senses how accurate your presses are but also how hard.

Do a hard reset and configure the screen with soft taps and see what happens.
    There is no need to hard reset to configure the touchscreen. Just go to Start->Settings and choose Screen. You'll find the touchscreen calibration button there.
    See the Treo Pro vs. Epix thread in Cross Platform. The Pro has benefits over the Epix, it seems. It's only available unlocked, but may be worth it if you really like Treos.

Although I'm still considering an Epix.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the comments.

I don't think it was a matter of how hard I tapped on the screen during alignment. I have never heard (and can't imagine how) that the makers of touch screens could sense that.

Treo Pro would be nice, but IT didn't have it on their list...